Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
My first mod attemot, Ego Draconis eyes-style smile Finally we are source hunters, should look not like usual person ))))))))))

[Linked Image]

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Probe88
My first mod attemot, Ego Draconis eyes-style smile Finally we are source hunters, should look not like usual person ))))))))))

Congrats, nice work. smile

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
amazing laugh

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by JTE10
Editing the generated stats .txt file seems to work as long as it is edited *before* a companion is recruited, though the game doesn't seem to like this method- every launch prompts a message saying:

Can you tell me which element corresponds to the companions or henchmen? I don't see anything resembling that in Character.xlsm.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I've run into a wall here- beyond that initial success with Jahan, nothing I change (like the AP cost or description of a spell, or a different character's stats, etc.) has had any effect.

But to answer your question, you'll find Jahan and Madera in the 'character.txt' file as entries Henchman_Jahan_Mage and Henchman_Madoc_Paladin respectively. I noticed when editing Jahan that his scores are all one less than the actual stats- so if you put a '4' in perception he will actually have 5. [Not the xlsm here; from the folder with all the xlsm files you can go to generated>data>characters]

There also appear to be a couple (like just two) other henchmen there, *possibly* vestigial bits of the other two companions that didn't make it into the game upon release. They're called Alfred the Fighter and Frank the Archer, anyways.

You can make the changes in the xlsm files, too, though. If you make your changes there, open the excel file called 'all' afterwards, which contains nothing but a big 'generate' button. Clicking the button will cause all the excel files to update their corresponding text files. I don't know if there's any reason to do that rather than edit the text files directly, though.

As for the actual henchmen you can recruit in the Hall of Heroes, they don't seem to be in that character file. I could swear I saw a list of them and their stats when browsing through some other file, but for the life of me can't remember which- and checking again now, can't find that list again (if I did see it in the first place).

Last edited by JTE10; 02/07/14 07:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
how do you actually access those files you mention? I tried the toolset but I couldn't find them, nor I could import my customized assets, or understand how music and sfx work (especially their 3d placement in the world)

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by JTE10
No dice with an override stats .txt file within a mod, the same error message popped up and it stopped being able to load any of the levels/start the game. It feels like there should be a way to access the stats from within the editor itself, allowing a legitimate mod that changes stats around. Though my own exploration of the editor hasn't turned anything up in that vein.

What exactly are you doing? I've messed with my 4 player mod a little bit trying to get Jahan to have 1 stats with stat poitns. I've managed to get him to all 1 stat points(and can change whatever else in characters.txt with no issue). All I've done is include the characters.txt into my mods folder. Here's where mine is.

Example: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\4Player_-_Test_1ddd6993-6d9b-4e71-a437-1195dd217cf6\Stats\Generated\Data\Character.txt

I still have no idea how to add free stat points to a character to spend though, same for traits. Any idea in that regard?

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by BlazeDragoon

What exactly are you doing? I've messed with my 4 player mod a little bit trying to get Jahan to have 1 stats with stat poitns. I've managed to get him to all 1 stat points(and can change whatever else in characters.txt with no issue). All I've done is include the characters.txt into my mods folder. Here's where mine is.

Example: G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\4Player_-_Test_1ddd6993-6d9b-4e71-a437-1195dd217cf6\Stats\Generated\Data\Character.txt

Did you copy the whole Characters.txt from the main mod, or did you create an empty one with just Jahan?
If we need all stat entries to be in Characters.txt to work then it'll conflict with other mods (and the main mod) so it'd be pretty useless frown

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Norbyte

Did you copy the whole Characters.txt from the main mod, or did you create an empty one with just Jahan?
If we need all stat entries to be in Characters.txt to work then it'll conflict with other mods (and the main mod) so it'd be pretty useless frown

The whole thing, or at least that is what I did, I didn't try it with just him. I'd assume you would need the whole file though. This would certainly conflict with other mods using this file, but not the main mod. I mean it overwrites it, so how is that conflicting with it, if it uses it's data but modified?

N
addict
addict
N

The whole thing, or at least that is what I did, I didn't try it with just him. I'd assume you would need the whole file though. This would certainly conflict with other mods using this file, but not the main mod. I mean it overwrites it, so how is that conflicting with it, if it uses it's data but modified?

It makes official patches ineffective, as it overrides anything the patches might change with an older version of the data.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Norbyte
I've created a tool that might help in fixing the editor; it supports unpacking the .pak files of the game/mods and editing LSX/LSB files (including savegames).
Linky: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

(note: LSB saving is still experimental, so always backup stuff before you edit!)

Edit:
If the app is not launching because MSVCRT110.dll is missing, install the Visual C++ 2012 runtime (the x86 version): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

I was excited to see an unpacker but the link seems to be dead - would it be possible to provide an updated link? Thanks!

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Red Avatar

I was excited to see an unpacker but the link seems to be dead - would it be possible to provide an updated link? Thanks!

Ah my bad, I was updating the tool with the FBX->GR2 exporter and forgot to upload the new version frown
The link should work now.

veteran
veteran
relase the mod please laugh

R
apprentice
apprentice
R

I still have no idea how to add free stat points to a character to spend though, same for traits. Any idea in that regard?

This folder setup worked for me too, and poking around a little I found the the character creation stuff under ...\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\(mod name)\CharacterCreation

There's a properties.lsx file there that let's you modify starting stat points, although it seems to break the default classes and your characters start naked.

Henchmen are there too and again editing seems to work but there's some weird side effects where scrolling past a modded henchmen in the recruitment screen suddenly starts looping instead of going through all them.

All I really want to do though is find out how to make all my characters move faster (and maybe speed up combat animations too).

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard