Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Norb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just curious if the gender of the protagonists influence the game at all, grants or denies access to quests, or alters any dialogue/decisions (beyond personal pronouns).

Dragon's Dogma for instance had an all-female bandit camp where they would attack on sight if you had men in the party, but if you were all female (or put your male characters in drag) you could talk with them, and even do a small quest.

I'm guessing it's all neutral and doesn't matter, but wanted to find out before I decided on my party makeup.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's all neutral as far as I can see, even the brothel ;p

Norb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
It's all neutral as far as I can see, even the brothel ;p

That's what I figured. Thanks!

veteran
veteran
There are actually NPCs that respond better to one gender versus another.

S
stranger
stranger
S
i dunno

addict
addict
The women are pretty... cheer

Completely neutral otherwise.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Scarlett gets 1+ in "personalitits"
Rodrick gets 1+ in "SWAG" and "Stern Face"

Joking aside, no, not that I've noticed so far.

journeyman
journeyman
Ah, Dragon's Dogma - what a great game. Well so far I've noticed one gender-specific thing, although it doesn't seem to work properly. There's a crazy lady in the marketplace who hates all men. It triggers some inter-party dialogue, but she seemed to talk to my female character as if she were a man, and then refuse to talk to her again.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
There are some dialogue differences. Some people respond to female characters differently from the males.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kingslayer
Well so far I've noticed one gender-specific thing, although it doesn't seem to work properly. There's a crazy lady in the marketplace who hates all men. It triggers some inter-party dialogue, but she seemed to talk to my female character as if she were a man, and then refuse to talk to her again.

It worked for me. I talked to her as my female character and you just get to ask her if she's being bothered by anyone, and in response, she just rants on about "testosterone" men. I'm too early into the game to see if there's more dialogues like this or if what LockeMurdock is saying is true but gender does seem to be recognized.

old hand
old hand
Well I just freed Bellegar from his prison and he offers a unique dialogue with a female character. He gives a female character the chance to become a "Bellegarette" but I made my character decline. This was one of the few times I've actually approached a character again to speak to them with my female character (normally I do all the conversing with my male character who is my main character as far as I'm concerned) so I think there's actually more dialogues out there I've missed which reference gender.

Last edited by Demonic; 08/07/14 02:01 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard