Next Thread
Print Thread
R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I installed the GOG version and updated to version 1.0.47 immediately. Today I applied the patch (obtained through GOG) to version 1.0.51. The updater exited with the following error message in patch_log.txt:

Divinity - Original Sin patch log
Update from version 2.1.0.3 to 2.2.0.4

Incorrect version of: F:\Program Files (x86)\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\goggame-1207664853.dll

And yes, the path is correct (I use one fast, small SSD as the boot drive and a slower, larger SSD for the big games installs).

System is Win 7 Ultimate x64. After the update, the game still seems to work and reports version 1.0.51

Any input from Larian support would be welcome.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same problem here...

N
stranger
stranger
N
Same here, i even reinstalled the game on the off chance i had done something and it said the same thing.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I have the same error. I couldn't install this new patch at all. I'm stuck at 1.0.47. By the way why the patch number versions are different in gog files, it is really confusing.

Support
Support

I just installed the GOG version, rebooted (don't recall the installer asking...) and installed the 2.2.0.4 patch (game version 1.0.51). The patch seemed to stall a quarter of the way through (maybe just a large file), but finished ok.

Someone in the GOG Divinity forum mentioned getting an error until they re-installed the game and rebooted before installing the patch (and said the main install package has been updated, as well, so if that doesn't help, a full re-download should).

R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Raze

I just installed the GOG version, rebooted (don't recall the installer asking...) and installed the 2.2.0.4 patch (game version 1.0.51). The patch seemed to stall a quarter of the way through (maybe just a large file), but finished ok.

Someone in the GOG Divinity forum mentioned getting an error until they re-installed the game and rebooted before installing the patch (and said the main install package has been updated, as well, so if that doesn't help, a full re-download should).

Did you ever install the 1.0.47 patch? If not, this might explain why it worked for you.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Yeah, if you installed the first patch, reinstall the game and use the newest version. It's stupid, but that's how to deal with it.

Generally, problem with GOG version is that updates are always too late, so you can't play with others who own steam copy. It's similar fail as Dragon Commander multiplayer :-/

R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
That is really lame. Larian QA must be on summer vacation. How hard can it be to test sequential patches to assure that things don't break like that?

Support
Support

GOG makes their own patch installers, and always has. They have also always been slower than Steam. It is usually only a short delay, though, and they are doing much better with D:OS than Dragon Commander (which admittedly was one of the first new release games that GOG had to deal with frequent patches for).

N
stranger
stranger
N
The GOG version of D:OS is a broken mess. After the issues with their previous installer version and patch now the GOG Downloader is not able to download the complete installer for their 2.2.0 version. It just doesn't download "part 3", you have to download it manually with the accompanying disadvantages.

I totally regret to have chosen GOG instead of Steam.

Last edited by Nefrast; 06/07/14 11:44 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Nefrast
I totally regret to have chosen GOG instead of Steam.

Agreed.

R
recluce Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Raze

GOG makes their own patch installers, and always has. They have also always been slower than Steam. It is usually only a short delay, though, and they are doing much better with D:OS than Dragon Commander (which admittedly was one of the first new release games that GOG had to deal with frequent patches for).

I experienced the mess with Dragon Commander updates on GOG first hand. So far, I do not see signs of improvement for D:OS. The 1.0.51 patch broke the installation if you had 1.0.47 installed and the 1.0.53 patch is AWOL so far.

Why not integrate an in-game updater for all non-Steam versions and be done with the headaches?

Apparently gog rushed the first patch: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_on_gogcom_bstatus_updateb/post480

A new installer 2.2.0.4 is available for download (PC) with D:OS version 1.0.51
For those who has already downloaded the game, the patch 2.2.0.4 is available, bringing the previous build up to date.

However, if someone patched the game yesterday to 2.1.0.3 - please reinstall the 2.0.0.2 build and then patch it to 2.2.0.4. Yesterday's patch was somewhat rushed and that's the best way to avoid conflicts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard