Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
stranger
stranger
T
FYI: Running uncompressed probably slows you down since you're going to be spending more time reading from disk (compared to which decompression is miniscule).

G
stranger
stranger
G
@Horrorscope, thank you so much! While bigger would be better this does make it 100 times easier to see. I tip my hat to you sir.

UPDATE: Can anyone send me a link where to download LSTools? I can't seem to find the right one. Seriously theres like 10 versions of LSTools by different publishers and so far all of them are incorrect.

Last edited by guiltygod; 11/07/14 06:48 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Amazing job you did there Horrorscope smile I'm glad that there's a way to change the font. The original text size in this game is very tiny and painful for me to read it frown. I wonder if it's possible to increase the tiny weapons stats text? Like Single Handed+1 or Strength +1 those texts

old hand
old hand
smile

Since the grids don't resize/scale we have to make it fit in with what they give us. So we can put slightly larger fonts by design in vs what the game ships with. The main thing we are looking for is a crisp, easy to read, bulky font, so it can be read well against a moving background.

Here is another font that works well:

[Linked Image]

Here are some comparisons of the smaller sections of text, with our stats:

Original:
[Linked Image]

Liberation, a clean bold font:

[Linked Image]

Poetsen One, a fat but clean font:

[Linked Image]

Somewhat subtle, but really still quite a bit clearer. Popup chat, much easier to read against a living background.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Man I'm hoping for this text mod. My eyes has gone the crapper these last few years and I have to sit very close to the monitor in order to read the text in the game.

stranger
stranger
Very cool that you re toying with this, I appreciate your findings. What exactly would need to be done to allow for text grid resizing? Not necessarily within menu text, but floating item text or enemy descriptions and the like. Complete overhaul of how the UI is designed I assume?

Pardon further ignorance, but would the game allow for just resizing of UI elements themselves rather than trying to enlarge its text? Bigger menu scales and the like. Possibly even recoloring or redesigning the menu itself.

Thank you.

Last edited by kozmo7; 12/07/14 02:59 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by elkasei.imunitas
Game.pak also gets twice bigger after repacking.

This is now fixed, the package was written to disk twice because of a bug.

Also, you're better off just repackaging the .ttf font files or the Public/Game/GUI/Fonts folder into a new package, as it won't be incompatible with game patches and other Main module mods that way:
[Linked Image]

... then just drop the FontOverrides.pak into the My Docs\Larian\D:OS\Mods folder.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Splendid! Thanks for help everyone.

Last edited by elkasei.imunitas; 12/07/14 10:08 AM.
stranger
stranger
Holy God!! This save the game for me. Thanks everyone smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Norbyte
This is now fixed, the package was written to disk twice because of a bug.

Is there a fixed link we can go to that will always have the latest LS Tools? I also notice I don't have the add files option with the version I have.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 12/07/14 05:20 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Is there a fixed link we can go to that will always have the latest LS Tools? I also notice I don't have the add files option with the version I have.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip
This link always had, and will always have the latest version. I've uploaded a version to mega.co.nz for those who couldn't download it from Dropbox because of Chrome malicious file warnings, but that version wasn't updated since 0.1.6.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Since I'm apparently not intelligent enough to get that step by step guide to work, could someone dumb down the instructions even more? I follow them exactly (far as I can tell) but the game still crashes once I replace the game.pak for the new one.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sunricer
Since I'm apparently not intelligent enough to get that step by step guide to work, could someone dumb down the instructions even more? I follow them exactly (far as I can tell) but the game still crashes once I replace the game.pak for the new one.

Here is my repacked game.pak file with a better font, same font posted by Horrorscope a few posts up.

http://www.firedrive.com/file/82DD254E6D4C526B

Make a backup of your original incase it doesn't work and then just copy paste it in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data

And overwrite when asked.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thank you. I will try that.
Actually, the zip won't let me extract the file.

! C:\Users\Eier PC\Desktop\Fonts.7z: Unknown method in Game.pak
! C:\Users\Eier PC\Desktop\Fonts.7z: Error - operation failed

Last edited by Sunricer; 12/07/14 09:23 PM.
stranger
stranger
Thank you. I will try that.
Actually, the zip won't let me extract the file.

! C:\Users\Eier PC\Desktop\Fonts.7z: Unknown method in Game.pak
! C:\Users\Eier PC\Desktop\Fonts.7z: Error - operation failed

Strange, I just downloaded and tested it and it works for me using 7zip.

Anyway, here is the game.pak file itself, no unziping needed.

http://www.firedrive.com/file/DE46FA2519C4FCB8

Last edited by SieB; 12/07/14 09:27 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah, I asked some friends about it and they managed to extract it just fine, reinstalling 7zip atm, but thanks for the direct download to the file.

S
stranger
stranger
S
That worked, thank you very much. The issue seems to be with my PC though, seeing as it works fine for everyone else.

stranger
stranger
That worked, thank you very much. The issue seems to be with my PC though, seeing as it works fine for everyone else.

No probs, enjoy smile

old hand
old hand
Quick Placement Method
(Thanks Norbyte with LSTools update and pointers)

You can download and try any of these three font replacements. (Two pure, one mixed)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/54hdxvahe9emi0r/Font1.pak
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h389jd9rziliuar/Font2.pak
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xiy75rcte68659n/Font3.pak

Then just copy one of those font files into...

[Linked Image]

That's it. Run and done...

Last edited by Horrorscope; 12/07/14 10:10 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey Horrorscope which are the ones that's Poetsen One? I would like to download that font replacer mod and test it myself wink

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard