Next Thread
Print Thread
U
UQRAX Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
During the fight with Evelyn an apparently critical NPC died, namely a zombie Jake.

After continuing the game and solving quests for some time and eventually (so far) coming to the conclusion that I'm somehow stuck in the main quest, I found out online that the dead NPC was actually crucial to continue the main quest and was not supposed to die. Starting over isn't really an option.

Any solutions or workarounds? I can still see the pile of ashes with Jake's name on it where he died, but resurrecting doesn't seem possible.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I found him dead too after I fled the fight and came back to finish it.

You are still able to progress the main quest even if Jake is dead (you will lack a journal update but thats it).

SPOILER:

After his death, you can pick up the amulet & choose to go kill braccus at the Church in Cyseal to the east (optional).
For the main quest, move north in Cyseal towards the fiery area & keep following the path, all the way up north there should be a bridge. This bridge leads to Luculla (which is where the journal update would lead you, if you spoke to Jake). From there onward you can pick up the main quest again.

U
UQRAX Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Issh
You are still able to progress the main quest even if Jake is dead (you will lack a journal update but thats it).

SPOILER:

After his death, you can pick up the amulet & choose to go kill braccus at the Church in Cyseal to the east (optional).
For the main quest, move north in Cyseal towards the fiery area & keep following the path, all the way up north there should be a bridge. This bridge leads to Luculla (which is where the journal update would lead you, if you spoke to Jake). From there onward you can pick up the main quest again.

Thanks so much! I think I do have the amulet you mentioned. Was hesitant to finish before, but did fight my way almost up to the church so am going to try this.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard