Next Thread
Print Thread
#511413 07/07/14 07:42 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Okay, I am playing singleplayer. I made my two characters, assuming that character 1 would be the one doing the talking in situations that need Charisma. It seemed that it swapped who the lead character was once the game started, though? So I restarted and swapped the characters, putting Charisma on the second.

...It still is using the one I don't have charisma on as a lead though. What's going on here? How can I fix this? I made the same characters both times, just swapped the places.

Clarification: I can swap their place in the bar on the left. I can select one and always talk with that one. But for things like the lady in the bathtub when you get the pyramid or Bracchus Rex? It always goes to the wrong one.

Last edited by Midnight Voyager; 07/07/14 07:57 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
You should be able to just select which ever character you want to do the talking and use them to talk to the NPC's

Both characters so to speak are the main characters, If you are talking about how the portraits in the top left are you can click and drag these to change the position if you require.

But when talking just make sure you use the one with charisma, you can also tab through your characters by using F1 and F2 etc (F3 and F4 if you have henchman to)

Angry Dave #511430 07/07/14 08:04 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Yeah, but note the clarification. There's multiple automatic conversations that NEVER chose the right character, even after I swapped them out. What is causing this? Charisma isn't important talking to ol' Rex, but it is kinda important when arguing with bathtub woman. I'd like to maybe solve this before I get too far in, if I can.

journeyman
journeyman
The bathtub women has always spoken to whoever triggered the pyramid for me. All automated conversations I have had have always been with who I'm currently using in single player, no idea why it would not be doing this for you.

In multi player its normally the first person to enter the area.

Angry Dave #511437 07/07/14 08:13 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
She spoke to the one who -didn't- trigger the pyramid for me. Weird. And I was using the character I wanted to do the talking with for Rex, too.

Oh, I just remembered something. Both times, the character who does not have Charisma was given Zandalor's trunks and picked automatically at the beginning of the game even though I used a different character as character 1/2 each time. That's why I felt like maybe there was some kind of picking the main character going on.

Last edited by Midnight Voyager; 07/07/14 08:20 AM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
For the record, I kinda solved my problem? I had a different bug as well, missing orc armor on the corpse for the Grieving Orc quest, and that problem was said to be solved by deleting your profile and starting a new game that way. Doing THAT, I managed to properly make the one I wanted to do the speaking the one that everything default to. *shrug?*

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
The main MAIN character seems to be the character on the right side of the character creation screen at the beginning of the game. Any type of main mission dialogue that is auto-triggered goes to that character for whatever odd reason

Link Copied to Clipboard