Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
P
Originally Posted by unuroboros
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
In the Armor, Shield, Weapon, and Object XLSM files there is a column called ComboCategory. That indicates what is combined the ItemCombos.xlsm category columns.

Oh, perfect! Handy reference I wasn't even thinking of. smile Been doing all this work in Notepad++ because I'm just nerdy like that. ;3

You sir are a magnificent madman(person)

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So, does that mean that the need to consume two arrowheads to produce one arrow will be a balancing factor in exchange for a lower crafting level on the smokescreen arrows?

I need to sleep on it. I'm going to leave smokescreen at cloth scraps + fire head for now, just so that it can be tested and confirmed working. I'll check for more comments on the thread tomorrow and adjust from there. smile

I think I've got cloth scraps working from cloth armor, robes, and also the "garment" category, which would make those scraps much, much more plentiful than they are now.

Posting v02 in a min.

P
P
Aye aye. I'll be going at sleep now as well. Need to think on the shield bit.

journeyman
journeyman
Sleep well you two, when you get a final recipe let me know and ill update the crafting thread and stick a note to advise your mod is required.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Raw changelog for both v01 and v02, for proofreading.

CHANGED

Code
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Axe with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModAxe,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Spear with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModSpear,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Club with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModClub,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category TwoHandedSword with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModSword,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category TwoHandedAxe with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModAxe,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Dagger with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModKnife,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Bow with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModBow,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Crossbow with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModXBow,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Knife with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModKnife,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice on category Sword with transform code Destroy1Boost2 parameters 0,0,0,Weapon_Large_FireDamage_ModSword,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0

use object CONT_Barrel_A on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedShield_01,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1
use object CONT_Barrel_A on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedShield_02,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 1
use object CONT_Barrel_A on object LOOT_Rope_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_CraftedShield_03,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Big on object TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic_Big,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use object LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp on object TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp_Magic,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 1

use object CON_Food_Dinner_A on object CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object CON_Food_Dinner_A on object CON_Drink_Mug_A_Beer with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters CON_Food_Stew_Dwarven_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object CON_Food_Dinner_A on object CON_Drink_Mug_Beer_A with transform code Destroy2Transform1 parameters CON_Food_Stew_Dwarven_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

ADDED

Code
use object LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A on object WPN_ArrowHead_Fire_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Smokescreen_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 0
use category ClothArmor on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ClothArmor on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category RobeArmor on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category RobeArmor on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category Garment on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category Garment on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorLeather on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Leather_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorLeather on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Leather_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Angry Dave
I like the idea of below

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Water Arrowheads do not exist in game - Bottle of Water + Arrowhead
[CR2] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps or maybe campfire/forge?
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Oil Barrel (Wont be able to use cup of water or will conflict with explosive)
[CR2] Freezing Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Essence of Air (too expensive?) Freezing is quite powerful so I don't think this is to expensive.

CR level to keep in line with other recipes while trying to maintain some balance.

I like this ideas, Cloth Scraps are pretty rare to find.
And because of that, smokescreen arrow should be:

[CR2] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Sheet of Paper

Originally Posted by Angry Dave
[CR0] Hammer + Empty Bottle = Broken glass, could make use of a useless item

Originally Posted by unuroboros

You guys have an opinion on a recipe for empty potion flasks? Such as empty bottle + oven, CR2?

I like this combo, and even thought FLASKS are abundant in-game the recipee should exist enyway.

[CR1] Hammer + Empty Bottle = Broken Glass:
[CR3] Broken Glass + Oven = Emtpy Flask

Arrowheads also should be craftable, I think a good and logical recipe for arrowheads would be something like:

[CR2] Metal Scraps + Repair Hammer = Arrowheads x 3

stranger
stranger
btw, I was thinking if Smokescreen Arrow head should be something like:

[CR3] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Emtpy Bottle

Scientific logic:

Drop a burning match inside a emtpy bottle and close it and see the result when the oxygen runs out.

*edit: typo

Last edited by Apok.pt; 10/07/14 11:52 AM.
stranger
stranger
Sorry for the triple post, I also like the idea from Angry Dave for the frozen arrow:

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Water Bottle
[CR3] Frozen Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Blank Air Spell

Even though its expensive, its balanced with the arrows power/usage.

*edit: typo

Last edited by Apok.pt; 10/07/14 12:01 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Apok.pt
Sorry for the triple post, I also like the idea from Angry Dave for the frozen arrow:

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Water Bottle
[CR3] Frozen Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Blank Air Spell

At work (shh, don't tell my boss wink ) so I can't double check in Engine, but I believe the Water Arrowheads don't even exist in the game, there's no art or asset for them. The arrow itself does, so we could make recipes that skip the head step... if the arrow is even that useful. To be honest I picked one up and have never had an occasion to use it. If it works similar to the rain spell I could see how that would be actually really useful, but my read is that it just extinguishes a single light source like a candle?

P
P
Water Arrowheads do not exist.

M
stranger
stranger
M

- Recipes for Strong Sinew same as Sinew
- Recipes for Adult Antler same as Antler

I'll definitely be excited for this. It's hard upgrading your bows when normal sinews don't even drop anymore!

enthusiast
enthusiast
The way I'd do it...

CR 0
Arrowhead + Oil Barrel = Slowdown Arrowhead
Empty Bottle + Water Barrel = Bottle of Water
[special arrowhead] + Arrow Shaft = [special arrow]

CR 1
Tooth + Knife = Arrowhead (not Stunning Arrowhead)
Arrowhead + Furnace = Fire Arrowhead
Arrowhead + Ooze Barrel = Poison Arrowhead
Arrowhead + Ballista (Stasis Blaster) = Stunning Arrowhead

CR 2
Knife + Antler = Knockdown Arrowhead
Arrowhead + Bottle of Water = Water Arrowhead
Fire Arrowhead + Slowdown Arrowhead = Exploding Arrowhead
Debuff Strength Potion + Arrowhead = Weakening Arrowhead
Debuff Dexterity Potion + Arrowhead = Hindering Arrowhead
Debuff Intelligence Potion + Arrowhead = Ignorant Arrowhead
Debuff Perception Potion + Arrowhead = [name] Arrowhead

CR 3
Silver Bar + Anvil = 4 Silver Arrowheads
Water Arrowhead + Slowdown Arrowhead = Freezing Arrowhead
Fire Arrowhead + Water Arrowhead = Smokecloud Arrowhead
Water Arrowhead + Poison Arrowhead = Poison Cloud Arrowhead
Strength Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Strength Potion
Dexterity Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Dexterity Potion
Intelligence Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Intelligence Potion
Perception Potion (any strength) + Fly Agaric Mushroom = Debuff Perception Potion

CR 4
Water Arrowhead + Stunning Arrowhead = Static Cloud Arrowhead
Fire Arrowhead + Poison Arrowhead = Smokescreen Arrowhead

CR 5
Debuff All Potion + Arrowhead = Cursing Arrowhead
Drudanae + Arrowhead = Charming Arrowhead
Magic Tooth + Knife = Vampiric Arrowhead (deals damage and heals)

Apparently this would require the creation of 3 new items (Water Arrowhead, Vampiric Arrowhead, Vampiric Arrow)... is this possible with the modding tools?

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 11/07/14 01:50 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
You know, if you wanted to simplify the recipes for the antler/sinew things and preserve their "tiering", you could make it do something like:

Strong Sinew + Knife = 2 Sinew
Adult Antler + Axe = 2 Antler

That way, you only add new recipes instead of altering existing ones.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Midnight Voyager
You know, if you wanted to simplify the recipes for the antler/sinew things and preserve their "tiering", you could make it do something like:

Strong Sinew + Knife = 2 Sinew
Adult Antler + Axe = 2 Antler

That way, you only add new recipes instead of altering existing ones.

I think that's sensible. I don't want to do anything too ambitious with this mod for now while Larian is still fully engaged in fixes, since any patch now they could totally change around crafting. smile

I will stick those recipes into v03 just to keep things simple for now.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Okay, I've posted v03. Pretty late so I'm just going to dump the changes raw again, for now.

I'll be slowing down for the weekend I think, just to play and to see what kind of patches Larian sends up. smile

Code
use category ArmorScale on object TOOL_Hammer with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Scale_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorScale on object TOOL_Hammer with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Metal_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use category ArmorScale on object TOOL_Hammer with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Scraps_Plate_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Dagger with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Antler_A_Adult on category Axe with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Antler_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,2 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Scraps_Cloth_A on object WPN_ArrowHead_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Fire_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 2 autolevel 0
use object CON_Drink_Bottle_Water_A on object WPN_ArrowShaft_A with transform code Destroy1Transform2 parameters WPN_Arrow_Water_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Scraps_Scale_A on object TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A with transform code Transform1 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,3 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
use object LOOT_Scraps_Metal_A on object TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A with transform code Transform1 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,3 requires Crafting 1 autolevel 0
use category Knife on object LOOT_Tooth_A_Magic with transform code Transform2 parameters WPN_ArrowHead_Freezing_A,0,0,0,0,0,1,1 requires Crafting 3 autolevel 0

I went out on a limb for the freezing heads. Nothing's permanent, though. I half expect to see other folks working on craft mods any day now, taking things in totally different directions like an overhaul, or hard mode, or cheat mode, etc. wink

P
P
Did you intend to set it so that Hammer + ArmorScale will randomly provide Scale, Metal, or Plate scraps?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yep. Wanted to mention that actually. Right now I'm pretty confused about how all these different scraps correlate to the "armor classes". The drop-down box of categories in ItemCombos.xlsm is actually not comprehensive, but through trial and error I think I've deduced that there's actually just three armor classes; cloth, leather, and "scale" - which includes what the game calls scale, metal, and plate. Yet there are five kinds of scraps.

I think the intent was for the higher level scraps to be used for boost recipes with higher blacksmithing skill, like for example where you're attaching metal to cloth at BR 5. But there are holes in the implementation so I can't be sure.

I also figured we could just make up other uses for the scraps, like arrowheads.

But I'm not stuck on the randomization idea. Gotta sleep on that one too. wink

Also, I realized after I posted v03 that TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A doesn't actually work, for some reason. I have to double check I didn't make a typo, or maybe that tool is special and can't be used in crafting recipes at all. Can't use the regular hammer since that's already got a recipe for metal scraps.

P
P
Use Armors.xlsm to check the chest armor types and their ComboCategory. Makes muuuuuuuuch more sense.

I checked the recipes and there is 1 recipe that calls for Plate Scraps and no recipes that call for Scale Scrap (why?). So, we only need 1 recipe for the Metal Scraps.

---

You use TOOL_RepairHammer instead of TOOL_Hammer_Repair_A.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Armors.xlsm, thanks for the tip. I've been meaning to check out all of those files anyway and get a sense for what their macros do.

I was also confused why no recipes call for scale scraps. Plus I was also originally confused when I saw some armor called "ring" - but apparently that's just leather, not yet another kind of metal armor. :p

P
P
Basically you also want:
Armors.xlsm
Weapon.xlsm
Shields.xlsm
Objects.xlsm
DeltaModifiers.xlsm

The first 4 define the items, their types, categories, etc.
DeltaModifiers sits between maps a Boost from ItemCombos to an entry in the first 3 files.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard