Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Where can they be found?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Madora, knight, can be found wandering about in the pub on the ground floor; Jahan, a spellcaster, is in the library, which is the upstairs of the mayor's office.

J'aime le fromage.
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Vometia
Madora, knight, can be found wandering about in the pub on the ground floor; Jahan, a spellcaster, is in the library, which is the upstairs of the mayor's office.

But that's the thing... there are TWO MORE companions... that no one seems to have found yet.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Well there is a whole heap of companion henchmen in the hall of heroes.

Any companions you could possibly get later in the game would be awful, having either all or most of their stats/skills/ability points spent in things you may not want OR they just wouldn't be the right level for you (I would have thought the hall of heroes henchmen would just auto-level to your main characters level when you hired them but they don't, and it's stupid)

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Bluestone

Any companions you could possibly get later in the game would be awful, having either all or most of their stats/skills/ability points spent in things you may not want OR they just wouldn't be the right level for you (I would have thought the hall of heroes henchmen would just auto-level to your main characters level when you hired them but they don't, and it's stupid)

But I'm not talking henchmen. I'm talking full on Companions.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Mr. C

But that's the thing... there are TWO MORE companions... that no one seems to have found yet.

Why do you believe there are two more companions in the game at this point in time?

If nobody has found more companions, odds are that there aren't any.

Note that anything stated by Larian before release doesn't count as strong evidence.

As the release has clearly shown - and as Lar_q made clear in two threads where the missing megadungeon were concerned - since a game is more than a list of features, Larian did not consider anything stated in the kickstarter to be a list of features that had to be in the game, if they during development found out that they thought the game would be better off with their development resources spent otherwise.

(Which is completely normal for games that are funded independently or by publishers, though the latter can require negotiation to be acceptable. Kickstarters are so new that it is somewhat unclear exactly how this should be handled.)

For companions, they have stated as a goal on this forum that they'd like to make more companions after release, so if you put the game aside for a couple of weeks or months, there might be more options when you return to it. For now, suck it up.

Which is as good a reason as any for being more careful about what one sets as explicit targets in a kickstarter as anything, since backers naturally take the statement "if we reach target X, Y will happen in the game" as a promise that Y will happen when target X has been reached, and that this will happen in the game when it is released, rather than being an optional feature or something that might happen sometime after release.

Personally, I think Larian would have done well with a sticky post in this forum and a kickstarter update upon release telling their backers which features from the kickstarter were not in, which were delayed, and why, since backers are typically tolerant of just about anything so long as they are given an explanation, so we could avoid these many threads from people understandably wondering where the promised content went.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Raze stated there would be two more companions upon release.

addict
addict
The two other companions will be added later via patch as far as i know.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by X-tasy
The two other companions will be added later via patch as far as i know.

-> http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514765#Post514765

WOOS
stranger
stranger
It's Minsk & Boo :P

Last edited by nyarlathotep; 10/07/14 02:51 PM.

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by nyarlathotep

Sometimes I think that regular forums need a "like" button. laugh

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by nyarlathotep

Sometimes I think that regular forums need a "like" button. laugh

Every game forum should have a like button in 2014.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Bluestone

You hire a henchman, then dismiss him. He goes to stand in Hall of Heroes and when you tell him to rejoin he is brought on par with your XP. Not the best implementation I admit.

Last edited by FelixDK; 10/07/14 04:30 PM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Thank you, will try that today. On third playthrough I am a bit sick of Madora and Jahan smile

Link Copied to Clipboard