Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shaki Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ok, I have one thing that really annoys me. From what I remember, It was said multiple times, that you can "kill everyone you want" in D:OS.

So try to kill most annyoing character in game - damn Zixzax. He is lvl 24 (or 26, dont remember), but I'm ok with this. He has more AP than my whole party combined, but I'm ok with this. He is Very Important Char, so he should be strong.

But when after really long and tough fight, you'll finaly succeed and kill him... He will just respawn. Yup. He is immortal. He'll just have additional dialogue line, something like:

Player: Didn't I killed you already?
Immortal Imp badass half-god: I am master of space and time, you can't kill me, Muahahahahaha.

Why I'm even playing this game, when this damn immortal imp could go and kill all of the bad guys himself? Coz, you know, he is immortal? And they can't kill him? So he could annihilate them all, without problems? But instead this half-god send bunch of weak humans to save the world. Is he just lazy, or wtf? Any explanations? Because it looks kinda retarded.

And, of course, you also can't kill stupid weaver of time. You can't even hit her.

Yeah, "you can kill everyone" - except for every really important characters. But hey, you can still murder bunch of useless guards and peasants! Isn't it nice?

Thank god, we can at least kill Icara. She was annyoing too.

Ok. Enough whining. Time to go back and murder some Immaculates to vent my anger.

Last edited by Shaki; 11/07/14 12:59 AM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Zixzax isn't supposed to interfere with events directly. He was made immortal by the gods to be a historian not to be alter past and future events and shit.

veteran
veteran
Really dude, visit some anger therapist...

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian should make the weaver of time killable, but when you do, the game deletes your saves and displays "Congrats, you just erased your existence" wink Would teach people... but I think Larian stuck too much to this pointless feature.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
Larian should make the weaver of time killable, but when you do, the game deletes your saves and displays "Congrats, you just erased your existence" wink Would teach people... but I think Larian stuck too much to this pointless feature.
That would be too close to the joke with...
Astarte

K
K
Originally Posted by Shaki
Ok, I have one thing that really annoys me. From what I remember, It was said multiple times, that you can "kill everyone you want" in D:OS.

So try to kill most annyoing character in game - damn Zixzax. He is lvl 24 (or 26, dont remember), but I'm ok with this. He has more AP than my whole party combined, but I'm ok with this. He is Very Important Char, so he should be strong.

But when after really long and tough fight, you'll finaly succeed and kill him... He will just respawn. Yup. He is immortal. He'll just have additional dialogue line, something like:

Player: Didn't I killed you already?
Immortal Imp badass half-god: I am master of space and time, you can't kill me, Muahahahahaha.

Why I'm even playing this game, when this damn immortal imp could go and kill all of the bad guys himself? Coz, you know, he is immortal? And they can't kill him? So he could annihilate them all, without problems? But instead this half-god send bunch of weak humans to save the world. Is he just lazy, or wtf? Any explanations? Because it looks kinda retarded.

And, of course, you also can't kill stupid weaver of time. You can't even hit her.

Yeah, "you can kill everyone" - except for every really important characters. But hey, you can still murder bunch of useless guards and peasants! Isn't it nice?

Thank god, we can at least kill Icara. She was annyoing too.

Ok. Enough whining. Time to go back and murder some Immaculates to vent my anger.

I want the Skyrim audience to leave.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kriss

The game that is (in)famous for its big number of essential character? Sounds like the opposite kind of game the OP wants

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Like totally annoying! And you know what else is awful? Whenever I walk by the butterflies and bunnies they don't jump around me and burst out in songs! It's so immersion breaking when I'm trying to RP as a Disney princess!!!

This game sucks balls >:(

S
stranger
stranger
S
Well. They said you could kill anyone.

You killed Zixzax.

They never said everyone you killed would stay dead.

S
Shaki Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Kromgar
Zixzax isn't supposed to interfere with events directly. He was made immortal by the gods to be a historian not to be alter past and future events and shit.

Not goin to argue, coz I don't know Divinity lore that well, but I still think this is poor explanation. He had no problems with slaughtering my whole team when I attacked Icara. So much for not interfering.

Originally Posted by LordCrash
Really dude, visit some anger therapist...

I don't have any problems with anger management. I am very calm person, If i could I would buy a house for my chars, and play the game like Sims. Peace & Love, we would have barbecue with Aurelius and Arhu every weekend, we would adopt Murphy, and have a bunch of kids which would play with him all days. But the devs don't let me, where's my freedom dude? smirk

Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
Larian should make the weaver of time killable, but when you do, the game deletes your saves and displays "Congrats, you just erased your existence" wink Would teach people...

I expected that kind of effect when tried to attack her. It would be nice laugh

Originally Posted by Kriss

Dude, I hate Skyrim. And I can't understand why even mention it, when even more chars are unkillable there, than in D:OS?

Originally Posted by Songbird
Like totally annoying! And you know what else is awful? Whenever I walk by the butterflies and bunnies they don't jump around me and burst out in songs! It's so immersion breaking when I'm trying to RP as a Disney princess!!!

This game sucks balls >:(

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. I also wanted to roleplay a cab driver, but cabs don't exist in this game!!! Why is Larian limiting my experience? This is awful. No freedom at all.

Originally Posted by scootermcgaffin
Well. They said you could kill anyone.

You killed Zixzax.

They never said everyone you killed would stay dead.

You have a point, sir. But what with the Weaver of Time? Ha!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/3761817-4538641622-lonve.jpg

Last edited by Shaki; 11/07/14 12:56 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
my idea for why we can't attack/kill her is simple. she's the Weaver of time. we make it, she weaves it making it reality right? well what if she just never weaves our attack into actually happening!

T
stranger
stranger
T
I would never even come close to the idea of killing an npc without having to, OP: did you play any other RPG before? This can bug a game, and if not you are missing other things like quests/rewards etc!

S
Shaki Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by tannhauser
I would never even come close to the idea of killing an npc without having to, OP: did you play any other RPG before? This can bug a game, and if not you are missing other things like quests/rewards etc!

RPG is about role-playing. Sometimes I'm playing "myself", act in the way I would act if this were real. Sometimes I'm playing knight in shiny armour, never accept any shady deals, never act dishonorably, even if it means I can't do some quests etc. And sometimes, I'm playing homicidal maniac.

RPG is about role-playing. I know some people are playing RPGs without immersing themselves in the game. They just try to do every quest, get every possible experience point. I know people who even save/reload countless times, just to see every possible ending of every quest, to try every solution. But in my opinion, if you're doing it like this - you're doing it wrong. This is good way to play H'n'S, or MMOs, games that are about numbers, leveling, loot, - but not RPGs. Because RPGs are about immersion. If you see everything in one playthrough, replaying is useless. But if you play the game as intended, as the RPG game should be played... Then it is a different game, every time you replay it.

Link Copied to Clipboard