Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Please add a shortcut key for changing toolbar. Already now I can change character (F1-F4) and fire actions (1-9) so the only thing missing is the ability to switch toolbar.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yep, for the nth time. But that is far from the only thing missing.

When I select a skill to use and have to select the target, let me use F1-F4 to target my party members. That's the first thing I tried, intuitively, but the only result is changing the active character.

Give me some REAL, proper way to manage my inventory. You're constantly throwing stuff at me and I want to sell that stuff to buy skills or something, but man... Individually having to move all those items is just...

Give me the option to pay for items with gold or items from SEVERAL CHARACTERS. Right now when I try to do this, the game mockingly asks me if I want to really change the characters and reset the trade. No I don't! I want to add stuff to the trade from the other characters to make the experience more pleasant for myself.

And why the love for having to hold down the mouse button while doing anything? Click-and-hold to move stuff to my bag, click-and-hold to move, click-and-hold to craft. I mean, left-clicking items in the inventory DOES NOTHING, so there's no reason not to initiate dragging by left-clicking, and initiate dropping by left-clicking. You could even have both.

There's a context menu to move items to other characters. Add an option to this context menu to move stuff to my open bags. Then highlight the open bag while I hover over the option so I know where it's going.

Then give the ability to select multiple items, so I can just send all those 20 items to the bag in one go instead of having to do the whole thing 20 times.

And about the map as well... While in main game screen, WASD moves the camera around. While the map is open, WASD does nothing. How about making WASD move the map around? Instead of having to click-and-hold here as well. And when I click on the map, I want my characters to move to that spot.

The game is good, but the interface works constantly against me to make me enjoy it the least I can.

Link Copied to Clipboard