Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
I have now rule out that the game crashes due to overheating. My fan is at the highest 100% after some 10mins gameplay the game will crash. Tried lowering some settings they are still same. I don't have crash fest like this even with Crysis 3 Very High settings.

I'm using AMD Radeon R9 290 by the way. I think it's most likely a driver issue with this game. Larian most probably have developed the game using Nvidia cards.

I sincerely hope Larian, can work out with AMD with new drivers? The game totally unplayable at this moment as it crashes every 10-40mins randomly.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
This is not your PC overheating. If your pc overheats, it shuts itself off.
This probably has something to do with the stability of the game.
That being said, The game also runs like crap on my laptop with an AMD GPU.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm having a similar issue.

When I first bought the game, I was able to play, but I noticed my GPU fans were going crazy so I started monitoring the temps and fan speeds while playing (on 2nd monitor). The temps were running around 75-80c and fans were going 80%.

Despite that, the game still played and I got fantastic framerates (110 - 140 on ultra). Last night I loaded up the game and started playing and after about 10 minutes of play my GPU spiked to 100% usage and the display drivers crashed, forcing a restart. Ever since then I havent been able to get past the main menu before the same thing happens again. It varies on how long it lasts before locking up the PC, but I was able to get in and lower the video settings, but to no avail, GPU still spikes to 100% and crashes. Temps are in the 45-50c range with the settings turned down, but usage still spikes and crashes.

I've tried rolling back to old nVidia drivers, clean re-install of the game (steam version), turning down all video options. Nothing seems to be working.

Im on an i5-3500k (no OC) with a GTX 770 2gb.

Never have had problems like this before. I've got to think that the recent update did something to break it, as I was at least able to play beforehand. No such luck at this point.

edit: also tried cleaning out the case just in case there was dust causing problems.

Last edited by sixsuit; 12/07/14 07:02 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Tried to limit the framerate(50 or something like that)?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by samuh
Tried to limit the framerate(50 or something like that)?

Yes, made no difference, nvidia drivers still failed and pc froze.

Every once in a while the driver can recover, but its rare and it just happens again soon after.

Windows event log shows "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found." for the reason for the error.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The power usage also spikes to 100%, so i thought maybe it was being starved of power, so i set the power to 105% using MSI afterburner. Also no dice.

I've spent all day trying to figure this one out, have come up empty unfortunately. The game is awesome but i'm stuck not being able to play!

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games. If file size is an issue, most of the saves can be deleted from the zip, since they are not directly relevant in this case (unless there are some areas that are better or worse than others, etc).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard