Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#518492 13/07/14 07:47 PM
Lotrotk Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello, as usual, someone might already have noticed this, last time I played I experienced difficulties regarding quest items. The reason this major problem was (i think) never discussed is because in Cyseal there just are little really important quest items, but once in Luculla and beyond this changes. The mechanic I need is
  • Henchmen should not be allowed to pick up quest items.
  • The 2 main player avatars should only be able to swap quest items with each other, not be able to drop, sell or DESTROY them
  • An extra inventory tab ('quest items')

Thank you!

Lotrotk #518580 13/07/14 10:21 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
good ideas smile

Lotrotk #518585 13/07/14 10:24 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
I second that.

Lotrotk #518747 14/07/14 05:45 AM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I went nuts looking for certain items I knew I'd found, and it turned out my leader was carrying so much inventory that I'd overlooked the items after several frenzied searches. I'd placed them in a backpack and forgotten about them...duh.

Lotrotk #518785 14/07/14 07:21 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am not sure I agree with this.

Part of the charm of Divnity is the that you never really know what is quest items and what isn't. This goes well in hand with free nature of the game. You walk around and experience the world how you like it.

That said I do agree that it is maybe too easy to mess up the game. Maybe it should be possible to right click items and mark them as "important". Items marked as important can then not be sold or dropped or carried by henchmen.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
I am not sure I agree with this.

Part of the charm of Divnity is the that you never really know what is quest items and what isn't. This goes well in hand with free nature of the game. You walk around and experience the world how you like it.

That said I do agree that it is maybe too easy to mess up the game. Maybe it should be possible to right click items and mark them as "important". Items marked as important can then not be sold or dropped or carried by henchmen.

Still that's highly un-user-friendly. As you always pick-up quest related items; especially the cases for diaries, spells, letters which looks the same as any other common stuff. I always had to check (even read) through them one by one and still don't know how long I have to hold on to them. Until I came to use backpacks/pouches/crates/barrels to further catagorize my inventory, still, it is a frustrating work.

Lotrotk #519043 14/07/14 02:56 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Additional suggestion: Quest items should not have the "send to Homestead" option.

Daris #519056 14/07/14 03:18 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Daris
Additional suggestion: Quest items should not have the "send to Homestead" option.

Where do things even go when you use that? I've been afraid to try it.

I know my inventory is a total wreck. Especially the character I have as my 'crafter' as she's carrying enough 'ingredients' to build a battleship. Granted it's about too late to save them now and I'll know 'next time' to start some kind of sorting method early ... and what to hold on to and what not to.

I thought I would need crafting. I thought I would need to make arrows and armor and potions and etc., but as it turns out I find plenty as it is. Other than a nice Stick with Nails for my cleric to carry I never really use anything I craft.

I guess the only real use for crafting items and food is role-playing, but it's not like the characters are that interactive to notice.

LeBurns #519081 14/07/14 04:11 PM
Lotrotk Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Where do things even go when you use that? I've been afraid to try it.

There's a bedroom somewhere in the homestead (shelter plane at the end of time, need 3 star stones to unlock), you'll find 2 chests there. That's where your stuff goes.

Lotrotk #519089 14/07/14 04:17 PM
addict
addict
The chest at the foot of the beds? Good to finally know. Thanks.

Lotrotk #519297 14/07/14 10:20 PM
veteran
veteran
I... have to disagree with all of them.

Too much handholding... too much giving away stuff. Gives me bad vibes of Oblivion that forces you to carry large pieces of junk along with you in the game since it didn't get auto-deleted on use (sometimes an odd concept) and then took a slot forever due to the billion bugs that game had.

So yeah, I would say no.

Lotrotk #519609 15/07/14 08:07 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Yeah like Bertie's sheep. If you solve the quest in a weird way, Bertie doesn't take the sheep and goes storming directly to the Legion Captain (A-something dude?). If you made it impossible to dump the sheep, you would be stuck with a 70lb item for the whole game. Which would be awesome if your two mains were mages/rogues with 5 strength and 110lb max carrying capacity smile

Lotrotk #519618 15/07/14 08:24 AM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Preventing destruction of quest items is so basic I can't figure out how they forgot to implement that.

I want a better UI !!!
Lotrotk #519703 15/07/14 11:18 AM
veteran
veteran
Then explain me... how CAN you destroy a quest item currently.

* You cannot sell them, so you cannot loose them to vendors becoming unavailable.
* Dropped items on the floor or in containers remain indefinitely, and I have yet to see an area become unreachable after visiting it.

So again, how do you destroy quest items?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Well actually it is possible
The tenebrium mine in Luculla will become inaccessible as the story progresses.

Link Copied to Clipboard