Print Thread
#520273 15/07/14 10:05 PM
P
Pardona Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I bought Divinity: Original Sin today at GOG. The current version on GOG is 1.0.67, while the Steam version is 1.0.74. Due to these different versions, i can not play with a friend over lan or direct IP.

I have to admit that i am disappointed. frown

veteran
veteran
Sadly, that's GOG for you.
Nothing Larian can do, they can only supply the patch, GOG needs to host it for themselves.

P
Pardona Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
thanks wink

GoG runs patches and new versions through its own QA before releasing them (which is not the case with Steam). This usually means that a patch release will take an additional day or two to appear, but the extra set of eyes going over things has proven valuable in the past since from time to time they've caught 'bad' patches that ended up live on Steam.

P
Pardona Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I see. Thanks. Additional QA sounds good. I'll gladly wait a day or two. wink Excited to try the multiplayer mode. smile

GOG should be releasing the 1.0.72 update later today ("today" depending on timezone).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by NeutroniumDragon
GoG runs patches and new versions through its own QA before releasing them (which is not the case with Steam). This usually means that a patch release will take an additional day or two to appear, but the extra set of eyes going over things has proven valuable in the past since from time to time they've caught 'bad' patches that ended up live on Steam.

My only question is, how does GoG run QA on a patch for a game this large? Do they dig through the code? Do they play the game? It seems an odd practice, to me. At least for new games, anyway.

Originally Posted by Jito463

...how does GoG run QA on a patch for a game this large?
By checking the Steam forums for complaints. silence

Last edited by Stargazer; 16/07/14 06:23 AM.
stranger
stranger
Which actually is not such a bad idea smile

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stargazer
GOG should be releasing the 1.0.72 update later today ("today" depending on timezone).

They would do best to immediately go to .74 instead wink

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
They would do best to immediately go to .74 instead wink
And it looks like they just have. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard