Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33
G
stranger
stranger
G
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't see a "Save all changes". Perhaps I'm using an old version of LSTools? It says 0.1.11 in the bottom right corner.

N
addict
addict
N
It's in the first tab of the character editor.
Screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/lstools_savegame.png

G
stranger
stranger
G
Ah yeah I was missing that in a version I'd downloaded last night. I just grabbed it again and the button is there and I confirmed I was able to modify a save. Thanks!

A
stranger
stranger
A
I used lstools to mess around with talents and it made all skills(midnight oil and such) for that character disappear. I had backups so nothing was lost in the end(experimental etc). I just thought I should report the bug. It also didn't report the right talents the character already had correctly.

Last edited by alseT; 17/07/14 08:34 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah editing the save doesn't really work as intended, I set Lone Wolf to 0 and saved the changes, when I loaded it up in-game I was missing a whole bunch of Talents. I didn't have Lone Wolf anymore and yet NPCs refused to join again.
I think the refusal might be related to this one bug, since even after you unlearn everything via the NPC in-game, NPCs won't rejoin.
But the missing Talents is related to editing the save, as alseT reported.

N
addict
addict
N
I've uploaded a new version that fixes the incorrect talent saving bug and the skills disappearing bug.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Wow you are making fast progress. I am looking forward to the outcome of this.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Norbyte
I've uploaded a new version that fixes the incorrect talent saving bug and the skills disappearing bug.

Dear sir, here's 1 interwebz to add to your vast collection of it.

A
stranger
stranger
A

Could you post the link? I used one that's been floated around the forum but the exe has been last modified yesterday. I have 0.1.12b, is that the most recent?

edit: So I thing I got the right version but now the talent list in lstools doesn't correspond to what shows up ingame "Opportunist" turns into "Speed Creeper" and such.

Last edited by alseT; 17/07/14 11:26 PM.
I think lone-wolf doesn't work as it triggers a character flag which doesn't have a deactivation. That makes the most sense.

Tiaexz #522428 17/07/14 10:32 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tiaexz
I think lone-wolf doesn't work as it triggers a character flag which doesn't have a deactivation. That makes the most sense.

Yep, that's what I thought. I'm stuck with the two main player characters in this playthough sadly. Even though they are not Lone Wolves anymore... frown

Edit: Is there a way to find out a character name under the Characters/CharacterFactory/Characters nodea? I'm trying to look into a specific NPC(Jharl) and can't find him in there.

Last edited by Axell; 17/07/14 10:35 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Andargor
- How do you recompress an LSX (or XML) back into an LSB?

In LSTools:
File -> Open ... -> select LSX
File -> Save ... -> type a filename with .lsb at the end

Originally Posted by Andargor
- Is there a way to search for key values in LS Tools?

Not yet.

Thanks!

I
stranger
stranger
I
This last update now has chrome flagging the zip file as malicious.

alseT #522486 18/07/14 12:14 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by alseT

Could you post the link? I used one that's been floated around the forum but the exe has been last modified yesterday. I have 0.1.12b, is that the most recent?

edit: So I thing I got the right version but now the talent list in lstools doesn't correspond to what shows up ingame "Opportunist" turns into "Speed Creeper" and such.

A temporary workaround would be to remove all talents and give yourself the talent points. Then you can buy the talents ingame.

alseT #522495 18/07/14 12:39 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A

Could you post the link?

I'd appreciate this as well. Also, thanks for all the work.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Midnight Voyager

A temporary workaround would be to remove all talents and give yourself the talent points. Then you can buy the talents ingame.

For sure. But there's a bunch of hidden talents and some of them even work. Like the one that halves the AP cost of equipping stuff in combat.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Yeah, some of the talents are still mixed up. I had to give myself Sight to get RogueLoreBackstab which is really backstab in the game. The backstab item in the editor gives you Assassin, which is a crazy talent (backstab with any weapon, lol).

There's one option I'd like to see: The ability to level items up to your current level.
That'd make my day. smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hi,

I want to add a modified save file (with mod) to my current one, but which .lsb do I replaced? I've unpacked the .lsv and it gave me 3 .lsb - Global, meta, and sanity.

N
addict
addict
N

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip always contains the latest version.

Originally Posted by Tiaexz

Indeed it doesn't; if you enable if from the save editor it won't trigger the code paths that are responsible for making companions leave, etc.

Originally Posted by irongamer
This last update now has chrome flagging the zip file as malicious.

Just chrome being chrome; it'll randomly mark any Dropbox download link as malicious for me frown

Originally Posted by irongamer
Yeah, some of the talents are still mixed up. I had to give myself Sight to get RogueLoreBackstab which is really backstab in the game. The backstab item in the editor gives you Assassin, which is a crazy talent (backstab with any weapon, lol).

What version are you using? It should be fixed in 0.1.12b

Originally Posted by Gotcha!
There's one option I'd like to see: The ability to level items up to your current level.
That'd make my day. smile

It isn't that easy, as changing the level of an item won't change its stats; those are only generated once, when the item is dropped.

Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard