Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33
D
stranger
stranger
D
Just Great!!
Big Thx to you, for such good work.
Works like a charm, nothing to say

didn't tested for now if enemy skills could be used, but I suppose these are the ones with the big (E) at the end of the name.
I'll try to see if I can find Evelyn Beasts summon wink

What'll be your next objective?

karmac #526287 24/07/14 01:38 AM
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by karmac
Wonderfull editor man, great job.
Was wondering, is it possible to use it to revive a dead npc?
I would like to resurrect Frederick, I didnt know there was a time limit to finish his quest, the poor guy bled out before I could save him. sad

There may be a way, but his death also updates the story Rete databases in the savagame, which is very hard to revert. So even though he's alive again, the quest will say that he's dead (at least I think).

The relevant code from LUC_ImpMaster.txt (CHARACTER_LUC_ImpSlave == Frederick):
Code
PROC
	PROC_LUC_IM_ImpIsOut()
AND
	Dead(CHARACTER_LUC_ImpMaster)
THEN
	DB_LUC_IS_SlaveMaster("Out","Dead");

The only way to fix this would be deleting this item from the DB_LUC_IS_SlaveMaster DB, which is not supported by the save editor currently.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Demargon
didn't tested for now if enemy skills could be used, but I suppose these are the ones with the big (E) at the end of the name.

I've currently omitted some of the skills from the dropdown that don't have a localized name as the list was getting waaay too long, so if you want to see *all* skills check SkillData.txt in the game Stats\Generated\Data folder.
If you want to add a custom skill, ie. one that is added by a mod, or is not displayed in the list because its unnamed, just click "Add skill" when the "--- Select a skill to add ---" item is selected, and double-click on the newly added skill name in the skill list to rename it.

What'll be your next objective?

Inventory editing probably.

Also an editor plugin is currently under development that should (hopefully) help with modding and merging the stats .txt files.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Originally Posted by karmac
Wonderfull editor man, great job.
Was wondering, is it possible to use it to revive a dead npc?
I would like to resurrect Frederick, I didnt know there was a time limit to finish his quest, the poor guy bled out before I could save him. sad

There may be a way, but his death also updates the story Rete databases in the savagame, which is very hard to revert. So even though he's alive again, the quest will say that he's dead (at least I think).

The relevant code from LUC_ImpMaster.txt (CHARACTER_LUC_ImpSlave == Frederick):
Code
PROC
	PROC_LUC_IM_ImpIsOut()
AND
	Dead(CHARACTER_LUC_ImpMaster)
THEN
	DB_LUC_IS_SlaveMaster("Out","Dead");

The only way to fix this would be deleting this item from the DB_LUC_IS_SlaveMaster DB, which is not supported by the save editor currently.

Thx for your time man. Actually maybe reviving him would be enough since the quest (to heal him with a bloodstone) doesnt update/show the fact he's dead. So leaving aside story databases, would it be possible to just ressurect him thx to the editor? At least it "should" make me able to talk to him.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I have a feature request. To force the major vendors (like inter-dimensional trader, elementals, humans in the major cities)to restock/change inventory similar to what happens when you gain a level.

M
stranger
stranger
M
What means "Scale" on General character properties tab?
I thought it used to change size of characters but it had no effect upon change.

stranger
stranger
Can someone explain using simple terms how to 1) find an item in my character's inventory 2) use that to find the item's ID 3) use that item ID to 'generate' the item in a different savegame.

It's a quest item that I've lost.

I don't understand the way the LSTools program deals with items at all!

Last edited by Yosharian; 25/07/14 08:42 AM.

Hi, I'm Bob Henchman and a Knight by trade. I have this crappy armor, this lousy sword and I know how to apply a bandaid. No, I don't know how to charge or how to inspire or how to*SMACKSMACKSMACKSMACKDIEBOBIHATEYOU*
-Damar Stiehl
D
stranger
stranger
D
Until norbyte is able to retrieve an item DB, you must go to items list and look every single item (yeah... Long process) until you find thé one you are looking for. Then it is not written as its in game name but its ID, on the "stats" line. so you must guess which one thé right one.
Thén, if you manage to do all this, you have two ppssoble ways

1) modify owner and slot of thé original item, to match an empty slot of thé inventory of one of your char
2) modify à preexisting item of your own inventory, using both ID and current template of the item you need, mostly à book or an item without any complex nodes, assuming your item is not à complex one itself (book, stones, crafting materials...)

stranger
stranger
Until norbyte is able to retrieve an item DB, you must go to items list and look every single item (yeah... Long process) until you find thé one you are looking for. Then it is not written as its in game name but its ID, on the "stats" line. so you must guess which one thé right one.
Thén, if you manage to do all this, you have two ppssoble ways

1) modify owner and slot of thé original item, to match an empty slot of thé inventory of one of your char
2) modify à preexisting item of your own inventory, using both ID and current template of the item you need, mostly à book or an item without any complex nodes, assuming your item is not à complex one itself (book, stones, crafting materials...)

Probably 1) will be the best thing, the item is SOMEWHERE in the game world (haha!) so I just need to set it to one of my characters.

Question, I see the owner variable, but how do I find what number relates to my character?

I don't know where the 'slot' variable is but I assume it's somewhere easy to find, again what 'slot' number referrs to the inventory?

Update: BINGO found the scroll's details

http://s11.postimg.org/5pz3aq0pv/SCROLL.jpg

Now I just have to find it in my proper savegame.

Ok, so a summary of what i've done so far:

1) Found the item's 'Stats' ID, used this to 'find' the item in my current savegame.

2) Attempted to modify the item's 'Level', 'Parent' and 'Slot' variables in order to move the item to my character's inventory. The item already has the correct 'Owner' so I do not need to change that.

Unfortunately this does not work, the item refuses to appear. Not sure what to do next. I wonder if anyone can 'find' where the item is in the game world from this picture:

http://s23.postimg.org/6qeqx1grv/FOUND_YA_YA_BASTARD.jpg

Final update: Ok, a fellow forum user by the name of EvanNotIvan figured it out for me. The 'Translate' variables relate to the grid coordinates in-game. Found the item.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by Yosharian; 25/07/14 01:08 PM.

Hi, I'm Bob Henchman and a Knight by trade. I have this crappy armor, this lousy sword and I know how to apply a bandaid. No, I don't know how to charge or how to inspire or how to*SMACKSMACKSMACKSMACKDIEBOBIHATEYOU*
-Damar Stiehl
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, and I have this error trying running the editor...

"The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR110.dll."

I'm using Windows 7 (x86) and my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is up to date (x86 version). Could anyone suggest a method/fix to this problem. Thanks in advance to any suggestion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kellcooz
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, and I have this error trying running the editor...

"The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR110.dll."

I'm using Windows 7 (x86) and my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is up to date (x86 version). Could anyone suggest a method/fix to this problem. Thanks in advance to any suggestion.

I had the same issue with the packer tool and finally solved it by downloading and reinstalling all Redistributable C+ versions like 2008 2010 2012 2013. I even had to install the 32bit version (Windows 7 64bit OS) to get it to run finally .. Good luck and dont give up

morez #530033 28/07/14 03:57 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi everyone.

I finally finished the first "version" of my editor, however it is largely incomplete at the moment: the only module which is complete so far is inventory.

More to come in time.

Some things to be aware of:
- I haven't optimized performance yet and the initial load after clicking the "Load" button will be slow; it takes me around 15 seconds to load my save file.
- The tooltips are fairly incomplete at the moment and I will be adding/correcting them later. Don't trust them fully yet. (however I made sure weapon damage should be correct)
- Many icons are missing... this is on purpose and will be corrected once I revisit the performance
- Adding new items is not yet implemented
- Right click an item to edit it
- The editor makes a backup of your save ("Globals.lsb.bak"). Use this backup if the editor somehow breaks your save file.
- The PermBoost category in particular is something I am still figuring out, and while there are values available for selection, not all of them will work, or they may require experimentation in-game. For example, if you want to add dexterity to a weapon, do not use the "Weapon" -> "DexterityBoost" as it does not work; instead, use "Character" -> "Dexterity".
- Icon selection does not work yet.
- You can still edit items even if there is no icon for them.
- Do not modify the "Abilities" PermBoost that appears on every item, it may break your game.
- Click the disk icon on the toolbar, on the top-left of the window, to save.

Example item:
I set the item's scale to 3 (3x size),
Item type is "Dark Double Headed Axe",
Chosen mods are: Electrified, Savage, Fast
Chosen PermBoosts are:
DamageBoost = 250%,
Strength = +4
Dexterity = +4
[Linked Image]

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Last edited by Dairymoose; 28/07/14 04:16 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Does anyone know how to remove the penalties that a henchman gets if they are not one of the first two that you hire? I can edit the stats and fix them but there is still a base -10 to crit chance that is on all of my henchman after the first two. Very annoying. I couldn't find anything relating to base crit chance or any option that looked like it flagged the henchman as something different from the first two I hired.

For clarity- when I mouse over crit chance it shows "Base: -10%" for some reason.

Also- I found the character in LS Tools and looked through all of the options and didn't see anything.

Thanks,
CMan

D
stranger
stranger
D
@dairymoose
not working for me. a DLL was missing, but even when I added it, its instant crash. no specific error, so i can't pinpoint the problem

K
stranger
stranger
K
@dairymoose
not working for me. a DLL was missing, but even when I added it, its instant crash. no specific error, so i can't pinpoint the problem

Having same issue here.

k1bell #530585 28/07/14 12:29 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by k1bell
@dairymoose

Having same issue here.

And same here too, I really wanted to give it a try (I'm carefully following this thread since a while, I registered just now in order to give some feedbacks).

Once the missing dll (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll) downloaded and installed, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.

Kurtys #530612 28/07/14 01:34 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I'll upload a new one with the missing DLL, but, if it continues to crash it is probably an issue reading data from the LSB files. The first thing it does is try to enumerate existing saved games to display them.
Ever since the patch that added compression to LSB files, I haven't been able to actually see this change, none of my files were compressed, including loading up my game and making a new save.
So this could be causing problems. In fact, if anyone has an example of one of these compressed files (or how to make them) that would be useful. (It is reading only the meta.lsb or <GameName>.lsb at the start, not the globals file).

I can't see anything else that might be causing a problem, as that is the only thing it does at the start.

I tried downloading it on a different computer that doesn't have the game installed and the GUI does come up after adding the new DLL, and no crash, although the savegame list is blank on this computer.

I am not at my development computer presently but if you know you have compressed LSB files and you still want to try the program, you could try temporarily renaming the compressed ones (renaming the meta.lsb and <GameName>.lsb to any other name) so that the program doesn't find them. Assuming this is the problem, of course.

Try the latest version here for the correct DLL:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit
"mEdit_alpha1_v2"

Last edited by Dairymoose; 28/07/14 01:44 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
@Diarymoose,

Still not working, says "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.". Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Ryde #530657 28/07/14 02:49 PM
D
OP Offline
D
If the latest version with the DLL is still broken for you, it would be useful to have an archive with the PlayerProfiles.lsb and, at least, the meta.lsb file from your latest save game. I've only ever tried it on my own PC and it worked fine loading the save data.

Actually I had someone else try it and they got the same error, probably a DLL issue, I'll look into it.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 28/07/14 03:05 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
If the latest version with the DLL is still broken for you, it would be useful to have an archive with the PlayerProfiles.lsb and, at least, the meta.lsb file from your latest save game.

Just sent you mine by PM.

Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard