Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Play through campaign, hit 20 the first time. Restart with same characters and gear, play through a level 20 version of the game. Get better gear, ramp up the difficulty some more.

Being able to grind it out and perfect characters over time would be very interesting.

Imagine level 20 Normal - Level 20 Advanced - Level 20 Expert - Level 20 Master modes.

veteran
veteran
I don't see the big fun in that tbh...

But then again I hate repetition.

WOOS
N
stranger
stranger
N
Game+ never did anything for me, but whatever floats yer boat mate.

Personally, I'm looking forward to some of the mods that people will inevitably create, like happened with Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2. If I ever get some free time I'd love to teach myself this toolset

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Game is broken enough at 1-10.
Going through the same motions from 20+ Heh...no thanks.
Fix the game first maybe.
But TBH, Larian devs is OK with overpowered spell options so I'm more keen on player mod addressing the balance issues.

Last edited by rk47; 20/07/14 03:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by rk47
But TBH, Larian devs is OK with overpowered spell options so I'm more keen on player mod addressing the balance issues.

Game is broken at 1-10? Please explain...

WOOS
If you are playing with lots of mage characters its easy to take advantage of environmental effects, which is like cruising along in easy mode.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by rk47

Balance in RPGs is a lie.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by nstgc
If you are playing with lots of mage characters its easy to take advantage of environmental effects, which is like cruising along in easy mode.

TBH I find enviromental effects to be quite overrated in this game. A 2-2 setup with 2h+1h/shield warriors and 2 Wizard with Wildfire + Oath supporting them is enough to bruteforce through almost every fight in this game in only a few turns. Especially if you make the 2h sneak + glasscannon.

Last edited by BlackMarch; 20/07/14 11:03 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Even two Scoundrels with Hide in Shadow gets 5 turns where the enemy literally CANNOT DO ANYTHING.

veteran
veteran
You guys miss the point. You min-max your characters and complain about the difficulty.

How about roleplaying instead? Invest your points in something else and the difficulty and balance will naturally go up...

Or just wait for mods.

WOOS
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by LordCrash
You guys miss the point. You min-max your characters and complain about the difficulty.

How about roleplaying instead? Invest your points in something else and the difficulty and balance will naturally go up...

Or just wait for mods.

And you totally missed the point.
Air Mage takes Air.
Realize teleport works on anyone and anything.

Scoundrel hide in shadow. Realized for 5 turns the enemy just stands there and do nothing.

Geomancer drops Midnight Oil, realize the power doesn't need line of sight and spammable at 3 AP/turn. Slowed + Bully? Wow. Now ignite that pool and watch the AI break from smoke and burning.

Special effect arrow doesn't miss and deliver its special knockdown effect just fine.

When you go higher level, you realize warriors, rangers, rogues miss more with their regular attacks, but since Wizards don't even have regular attacks, their spells ALWAYS hits.

AI hits Fire Elemental with Fire damage that heals it. Next turn, it does the same thing again.

AI poisons spider and fails. Next round it tries to do it again.

Going invisible doesn't break anything even if you move objects. At level 1, thieves can literally clean the whole town with 0 sneaking.

Traits are badly thought out and some are just too good to ignore. While others are simply useless and should be completely ignored.

Real time and Turn based components doesn't mesh. You get poisoned for three turns in combat, you remove it in one turn. You get poisoned for three turn outside combat, you finish casting when the poison wears off.

I can go on - but that's my beef with the game.
It's a good fun game to mess around with - but I find the whole list of annoyances kept growing and growing that I had to selectively not do the most optimal thing. That's bad design.

Link Copied to Clipboard