Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

Much as the title describes, I have been working on my add-on module to the main campaign and have encountered a huge snag. Whenever I lay down an AI grid the level becomes completely unloadable. Meaning if I restart the Divinity Engine program I am unable to load that level, the editor crashes saying "this app has stopped working". The level in question is in its own test module space. Data dependencies of the module are using the "main" dependency.

Is there a work-around for this?

Is anyone else encountering this issue?

I hope you're able to help given I've sunk some 30h in creating this module and I've finished my aesthetics and have moved onto placing encounters. Once i figure out how, i'll post pictures of my level to see if there's any interest in what i'm designing.

Best Regards,
Willowisp

veteran
veteran
Unfortunately it's stuff like this that keeps me well away from the editor at the moment. At the moment the risk of completely wrecking the main game and needing to re install the main game as well as losing countless hours of work seems like an unavoidable certainty. If this ever ends up working I'd be happy to start creating stuff.

apprentice
apprentice
try deleting the AI folder in your mod's folder

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Dsvw56,

Thanks for the feedback, I did as you suggested but it didn't change anything. It still is unloadable. The crash statement didn't even say anything different. I'm glad I made a separate module for testing AI and monsters. I'd be really upset if I lost some of the countless hours spent on my addon.

Trethon,
I mean, the editor is an amazing little tool, it just has some weird kinks at the moment. The AI grid level corruption issue is unfortunately a roadblock as I can't publish a map without that grid.

Side note: What is a good (hopefully free) site to put pictures that I can link onto the forums from?

apprentice
apprentice
Is this the folder you deleted?

Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\%Your Mod%\Levels\%Your Level\Ai

Since the last update, for some reason there is another AI folder in the root of the mod folder. Make sure you delete the one in your level folder.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Inside my level folder there is only meta.lsb and my terrains folder, which has my terrain.data and terrain*packagename*.lsb. I deleted the AI folder in my module folder. I cannot find any othert iteration of an AI folder in any of the numerous locations for my test mod in question.

*aH HA! I found an iteration of AI in the data/EDITOR/mods/*levelname*/AI. It contains Generated.dat Painted.dat and surfaces.dat. I deleted this fold and it lets me access my level again. So how the heck to I add an AI grid? I can't test anything without it. and placing the grid makes the level unworkable. Catch 22 to the max.

Last edited by Willowisp; 20/07/14 11:06 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
try moving your AI folder from your main mod into your level folder with the rest of the stuff. for some reason the AI folder is being placed in the wrong location.

example:

You can find the newly saved AI folder in:
D:\steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\(mod name)

You need to move it to:
D:\steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\D(mod name)\Levels\(map name)

tell me if it works.

note: do this after you saved your AI grid (do not reload but quit right after)

Last edited by Feared; 20/07/14 11:14 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard