Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
stranger
stranger
B
Level 20 is the cap, you know. That's why people finish the game at level 20. :P

Last edited by BobTheBard; 25/07/14 05:25 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by BobTheBard
Level 20 is the cap, you know. That's why people finish the game at level 20. :P

That's not entirely accurate. It's a soft cap, but it's possible to get higher than that (others have reached 21/22 by the end), you just won't find any weapons/spells/skills that are above level 20.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin

So... what gives? Why the homogeneity? It makes Rivellon a far less interesting world to explore, IMHO.

Two words: budget constraints.

I don't buy that for a second. They ended up having WAY more money to develop DOS than they thought they'd have, and they did find some time to create a unique creature model for Kirill.

They already have the models for Imps and Orcs in the game, they just don't use them for much of anything. An Elf model would literally require less than 1 minute of fiddling with human model geometry. Same with Dwarves--the basic human model could be repurposed very easily.

The only race that might take more than an hour to create a template for would be the Lizards.

But even then, they've still got high-quality 3D models of all 7 races working with the same engine as DOS from Dragon Commander. IT's just a matter of simplifying the geometry--and most 3D drawing tools I've seen have functions to do that automatically.

This isn't a matter of Larian not having the time to add diversity, or not having the budget--it's a matter of them consciously choosing NOT to have any species diversity.

Hell, they don't even bother to mention half of the races in dialog/lore.

Besides that everything of this is only your speculation...

WOOS
S
stranger
stranger
S
I haven't seen any dwarves yet, but there is a lizard person. I was very surprised to meet him and wasn't sure at first what he was. He is in the bard camp taking requests for songs.

Or maybe that's not a lizard person. I don't know. He certainly isn't human, orc, goblin, elf, or imp.

Last edited by stars2heaven; 25/07/14 09:16 PM.
veteran
veteran
I've entered Hunter's Edge at 15 0_o

Kiril is the composer of Divinity (hence him allowing you to pick a music track... but AFAIK that doesn't work. Sad that all Divinity games seem to be plagued with music players, pretty sure Divinity II's singer never got fixed either that it only allowed you to play a song second time if you left the area only if you listened to it completely; before; and locked for good).
I looked him up after reading your post, and that's definitely NOT a Lizard. What creature he is however, I can't say...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
I've entered Hunter's Edge at 15 0_o

Kiril is the composer of Divinity (hence him allowing you to pick a music track... but AFAIK that doesn't work. Sad that all Divinity games seem to be plagued with music players, pretty sure Divinity II's singer never got fixed either that it only allowed you to play a song second time if you left the area only if you listened to it completely; before; and locked for good).
I looked him up after reading your post, and that's definitely NOT a Lizard. What creature he is however, I can't say...

No, he was never fixed in Divinity 2 either.

In Divinity 2, he could at least play music a few times before it glitched. In Original Sin, he can't even play anything. Larian needs to patch that this time round. It's the ultimate tease including Kiril in the game but not allowing us to play his music!

stranger
stranger
At first I thought he's some sort of Satyr-like creature, but when I took a closer look I noticed his three pairs of eyes. Maybe it's a unique quirk of the race, like every goblin have long shaped head and one eye. Either way I'd wager that he's from the realm of Faery.

apprentice
apprentice
I agree with OP in 100%. In DII it was at least somewhat explained why we see only humans, than Dragon Commander came- and all races were present (apart from orcs). Original Sin is too much of a cliche for me. Orcs- evil, imps- evil, elves and dwarves- not in game (apart from single elf) and so on. I'd honestly prefer another game in 2d- like DD- with more diversity, than 3d game, but with hundreds of constraints...

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
@Mixxer, I'd say the game actually points out that Orcs AREN'T evil, and neither are imps.
After all, there is a book on Orcish society, a couple townies in Cyseal talk about how they don't think Orcs are all bad, There's Victoria the Orcish librarian, you find an Orc grieving over his dead brother, and once you get to Hunter's Edge you find an Orc and a Human who have fallen in love. Worth noting that the Orcs in Hunter's Edge are no worse than the Humans in Hunter's Edge.

Imps are never described as evil, except by Jahan who thinks EVERYONE is evil.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mixxer5
imps- evil

What game did you play... couldn't have been Original Sin anyway.
Is there even a single evil-imp around?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard