Print Thread
#525586 23/07/14 04:04 AM
T
Trogmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I just started playing this game with my girlfriend(battle mage) and i'm a ranger. I'm having troubles making some arrows in the game and have no clue what to do. I want to make water and freezing arrows, but can't seem to figure how. any help?

Trogmar #525615 23/07/14 05:36 AM
P
P
You cannot craft water arrows. You cannot craft craft freezing, smokescreen, or fire arrowheads.

I recommend taking stunning arrowheads and putting in them in a cup of water. This should produce a static cloud arrowhead. Hopefully it will serve in place of the water and freezing arrows. Also, just save your money and visit the Fletcher every time you level up to stock up.

PatrickSJ #526216 23/07/14 11:19 PM
T
Trogmar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
That suck's, any other tips for a ranger?

Trogmar #526656 24/07/14 02:49 PM
W
W
Look out for rapture in stores, buy it, and learn it as soon as you can. It's great!

Trogmar #526724 24/07/14 04:54 PM
old hand
old hand
I wouldnt be so sure about not being able to craft those specific arrows.

The recipes for different things in the game are still being discovered daily and added to a huge crafting list you can find here on the forums.

tips for "rangers"? take a magic skill and stop thinking about the game as a class based one. It isnt really.

Of course, if you really want to, be focused, invest points into bow weapon skill and some defense skills.

Hiver #526736 24/07/14 05:21 PM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Hiver
I wouldnt be so sure about not being able to craft those specific arrows.

tips for "rangers"? take a magic skill and stop thinking about the game as a class based one. It isnt really.

Of course, if you really want to, be focused, invest points into bow weapon skill and some defense skills.

Some special arrows made it in the "missing recipe" mod but were removed again. Still, the "basic" arrows are really awesome, like silver, slow, poison, stun; which can be made by more or less cheap crafting materials.

tbh; magic skills without having a decent intelligence are pretty much useless :O The only 2 schools, which offers very decent lvl 1 spells are earth & fire (IMO) - the latter only if you by any chance did NOT take the most awesome scoundrel talents right at the character creation.
Else earth is good for the slow (&kaboooom^.^), spider & fortify.

Having myself a 'pure' ranger with 1 point in scoundrel and doing great. My other char is kinda cleric with witchcraft (nasty stuff...) and 1 point fire for the speed crap.

But you are right, though ... you can play whatever style fits best.

[wouldn't spend more than 2 points into bow/xbow skills..you might regret it ^^]

Trogmar #526740 24/07/14 05:30 PM
old hand
old hand
Im playing even more diverse hybrids and i dont have a problem of investing a few points into intelligence too. Some sweet equipment boosting stats is nice too.

I would actually recommend investing in weapon skills, especially for middle and later game because without it your bow damage falls off a curve a lot.

Try it and you will see its actually very effective. In addition to better weapons, crafting and other stuff, of course.

Trogmar #526761 24/07/14 06:03 PM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Hiver
Im playing even more diverse hybrids and i dont have a problem of investing a few points into intelligence too. Some sweet equipment boosting stats is nice too.

I would actually recommend investing in weapon skills, especially for middle and later game because without it your bow damage falls off a curve a lot.

Try it and you will see its actually very effective. In addition to better weapons, crafting and other stuff, of course.

Might play the next run with 2 hybrids as well....my cleric started to shine after lvl9 and enough points to spent (without abusing any weird mechanics).
Still, as long as the Tenebrium stuff is broken or unfinished, I won't necessary max the bow/xbow or any other weapon-skill.
IMO, a pure ranger with a 2nd minor casting ability should still have enough points to switch later on to these weapons (even if they aren't necessary needed). and a boost of 20-30% does still great even mid+ game.

Heck, it's a friggin' RPG - so you could even play naked and stab everyone with golden butter-knives! :P

Link Copied to Clipboard