Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I don't know WHY characters don't heal over time, or WHY they don't heal while IN a town. this should be a feature.

thanks!!

ps-love the game

H
stranger
stranger
H
because the whole game is stupid thats why....

Larian: "Oh I know guys, let's build the game with a fucked up ruleset that nobody in the history of RPG has used....and let's troll the player while at it"

Other Larian Guy: "Heeeey, what a jolly idea!"

journeyman
journeyman
I support this request!

Why oh why can't we heal over time when out of combat?

addict
addict
You can sleep in a bed to regenerate. There are lots of beds in villages and towns.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by X-tasy
You can sleep in a bed to regenerate. There are lots of beds in villages and towns.

As the quoted wise man said, you can do that. In the first city, you can just go the camp where the Legioneers are (The campfire, the pot, near their kitchen, etc.) get warm and sleep in their beds a bit.

Besides, if you already have Jahan as a companion, he can just heal up, I know it's annoying, but out of combat the cooldown is very minor.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by X-tasy

I actually learned this near the end game when I misclicked the bed laugh.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Terrible 'idea'. If you want to cheat, just do, (or don't, there already are 5 or 6 strategies that will make you invincible because larian doesn't really care about obvious balancing). Or just drop a pyramid near a bed like is traditional if you really feel that attached to your health potions.

Last edited by i30817; 23/07/14 06:45 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Healing over time would be something that you could unlock with a talent. While it is not super important it would be comfortable when you switch around between combat and loot/trade/identify/perception gear.

Last edited by eidolon; 23/07/14 06:53 AM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I see both sides. On the one hand, there is already out of combat healing in the form of beds. You can always take the time to walk to a bed and heal up.

On the other hand, if there is already free out of combat healing... why add the inconvenience of walking all the way to a bed? The result is exactly the same, except one option is more annoying.

Last edited by Incendax; 23/07/14 08:25 AM.
Originally Posted by Halpmepls

Larian: "Oh I know guys, let's build the game with a fucked up ruleset that nobody in the history of RPG has used....and let's troll the player while at it"

You must be quite young and unaware of RPG history.

In Dungeon Master, you had to eat and drink.
When you slept to regenrate (mana), you became hungry.
You had to constantly care about food and water.
And when too hungry you started to loose health slowly.
Same with the quite recent Legend of Grimrock from Almost Human.

Closer, in Baldur's gate (and all AD&D games), there was no auto regen either. Only during fast travel but once on a map you had to do with the memorized spells.
And if you slept to re-memorize spells you risked a random encounter.

Even closer in Skyrim (I known everybody does not like it, but I do and its sales proves I'm not the only one), by default you do not regenerate health either. Only mana.

I was surprised in the beginning of D:OS (and happy to have decided to take a healer with me right at the start).

Imarion

Last edited by Imarion; 23/07/14 12:10 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Also there is this stuff called 'food' which you can also craft or just find. And there are one or two healing potions and spells in the game which you can find or craft.

A group healing-over-time spell would be nice, though. It can be a pain having to multi-cast healing spells on each character.

old hand
old hand
Lobotomy is the answer to all such problems.

and watching youtube lets play videos instead of playing.

veteran
veteran
Can't say I find auto-regeneration in modern games fun... getting harmed is pointless if there's no risk.

Heck, due to the abundance of infinite castable with cooldown healing spells in D:OS it's not far away from that already smirk

M
M
Let's not lie to ourselves and say that D:OS is hard. It's hard when you don't know what the hell you're doing and then it's easy.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Someone mentioned this above, but I think it deserves repeating. An AOE heal would be amazing.
It's a pain to make a separate cast for every party member.

No heal over time please, not now, not later, not ever. Not unless you buy a specific trait for it. Because NOBODY IS WOLVERINE BY DEFAULT damnit.

AoE heal though? Yes please. Healing Rain maybe?

And gods, I wish you were somewhat nudged towards needing to eat and drink. For reasons different than "this pie is really a healing potion". Maybe small long-term bonuses (+carry weight, +sight/hearing, +AP regen or +AP, something). Make it a slight but useful bonus that lasts, say, 100 turns.

Last edited by Damar Stiehl; 24/07/14 04:04 AM.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Imarion
Originally Posted by Halpmepls

You must be quite young and unaware of RPG history.

Hey, my 10 year old knows about Baldur's Gate so these are mutually exclusive things. :P

Dungeon Master

Oh, man. I'd nearly forgotten that game. I need to note a to do item to see if I can get it again ...

Last edited by Nilt; 24/07/14 04:36 AM. Reason: Speeling ... I can do it!
addict
addict
I don't mind healing my party manually, I like that actually... if it weren't for that annoying 2-3 second pause between casting spells.

W
W
So let's introduce healing over time...

Oh, I have rot now... Haha Larian!

It works in some games and not in others. It worked well in Dragon Age: Origins if I remember correctly, but I really don't think it would work here. There must be a fear for your characters' lives somewhere, too easy to walk through a field of mines with healing over time e.g.

And yes, it is one of the few things in the game that punishes you for having an unbalanced party (i.e. no Cure Wounds/water magic) and I'd personally prefer it to stay.

Healing Rain sounds cool. But I'd prefer if it healed everything in the area (because I'm masochistic and I hate zombies).

old hand
old hand
Not everything in the game should be distorted for player convenience.

Internal consistency, logic and coherence of the game world should trump player laziness and spoiled minds.

Distorting everything to "make it easier" is the road towards decline that we all went through in dark publishing ages. Lets not forget that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard