Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
We were doing "the Apprentice and the Stone" quest. Looking for a way to heal both, we explored a lot. But we found a bad surprise when we returned: nobody in the beds. It turn out they are dead. I don't know when and why, but be warned of this.
Also, for the stone, I suppose we can steal it from evelyn? If not, one stone lost forever sad

Last edited by Ovnidemon; 23/07/14 01:26 PM.

PS: Sorry for my bad English
M
stranger
stranger
M
Minor Spoilers:

I have the same problem. Does anyone know if I can get the stone if I did not talk to Evelyn before she ran?

Nope. I am 99% sure the stone is spawned through some script or something after the player chooses to save Steven or Boris. So there isn't any chance to take the gem, since it's never on her person. I am incorrect.

After you meet up with Evelyn again, she won't drop a blood/star gem, not even when you didn't save Boris or Steven. Of this I am 100% sure, since I tested this.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
Nope. I am 99% sure the stone is spawned through some script or something after the player chooses to save Steven or Boris. So there isn't any chance to take the gem, since it's never on her person.

After you meet up with Evelyn again, she won't drop a blood/star gem, not even when you didn't save Boris or Steven. Of this I am 100% sure, since I tested this.

This sounds like something that needs to be patched/addressed by Larian.

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

I don't see why. Players just aren't supposed to get Evelyn's bloodstone. I'm sure the game works as intended.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
yup. there is nothing in the game that requires a player to find ALL the starstones.

not a bug, but a feature.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gotcha!

I don't see why. Players just aren't supposed to get Evelyn's bloodstone. I'm sure the game works as intended.

Wrong actually, when Evelyn uses it to heal one of those chaps it also behaves as a Star Stone unlocking a homestead portal....that's pretty bloody big deal to miss. Blood stone, I don't care so much about except for other quest purposes like healing fools that can't be healed with good ol healing magic.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually, she has a bloodstone on her when you first talk to her. You can pick-pocket it away, and she will be unable to heal anybody.

I seem to remember making her run without using it, and then finding it on her later, but that may have changed since I was testing in the beta.

Last edited by PeteNewell; 24/07/14 02:23 AM. Reason: backing off on definiteve statements.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
She has a bloodstone on her that you can pickpocket during Apprentice and the Stone.

veteran
veteran
What about killing Evelyn during the first Meeting? Anyone tryed this?

I think about to do this next time.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alix
What about killing Evelyn during the first Meeting? Anyone tryed this?

I think about to do this next time.

Not sure if you an escape conversation....you automatically enter dialogue upon entering the room iirc and once you make a choice it's off to the homestead with you.

Wrong actually, when Evelyn uses it to heal one of those chaps it also behaves as a Star Stone unlocking a homestead portal....that's pretty bloody big deal to miss. Blood stone, I don't care so much about except for other quest purposes like healing fools that can't be healed with good ol healing magic.

There are plenty of other stones, so it's not a big deal at all. You can find enough stones to unlock all portals and still have several to spare.

Originally Posted by PeteNewell
Actually, she has a bloodstone on her when you first talk to her. You can pick-pocket it away, and she will be unable to heal anybody.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Originally Posted by PeteNewell
I seem to remember making her run without using it, and then finding it on her later, but that may have changed since I was testing in the beta.

I am doubting myself now. Perhaps she did have the stone with her, but I sure didn't find one. There's the chance I missed it though. Maybe it's still lying around in her lair. :S

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok, how much pickpocket do I need?

PS: Sorry for my bad English

Link Copied to Clipboard