Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Mace
@Aquarius

I am by no means a modder, I'm actually a bit suprised that it worked myself wink So there might be a problem or two with the mod, which I have no control over.

Tiaexz and you have done a very good job and it's normal there are some little things to fix wink

Hope the modder community grow up fast..

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Dreykar created and posted this handy guide to installing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3aVUh3dNQ

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Aquarius
@F5in
Originally Posted by Mace
Turning the mod into 3 player mod instead of 4 player:

1. Download first part of mod

2. Place it in your documents mod folder like any other mod.

3. Download second part of mod

4. Place it in [your Divinity Original Sin]/data/mods folder, if you don't have this create it.

This will disable the fourth Source Hunter, both in the character creation screen, and ingame.

I'm not really comfortable with modding, hence the akward way of installing it. Maybe it works without the second part of the mod. All credit goes to Tiaexz, I only deleted a couple of things.

I tried and it works wink (but dont click on the blank name field of the 4th character, during charcter creation)

Thanks also for this 3-player variant, Mace. We got it working, but also noticed that you should not touch skills for 3rd character in character generation, but stick with the default ones. If you edit character there it does not show the points for traits etc.

stranger
stranger
@jansuuta

We noticed this too, I can see that I should have put it into the post. It is a bit of a hazzle, I have no clue how to fix it I'm afraid. You'll have to buy skill books when you get into town, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you add a modified SkillSet.txt file in the Data\Public\(mod)\Stats\Generated folder, you can assign whatever starting skills you want to the class you want the third character to have. Then you just select that class and Wallah!

The reference you need to do this correctly is in this post:
Player Skills (140) for LSTools.

All hail to Adnan008 for the reference.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
I got a reply from LarSeb in regards to an old request I did.
Unfortunately I can't share the project file (.fla).
But we are working on adding support to the character creation UI for more players so this will be fixed in the future.

Hopefully the future is soon rather than later, but it seems like their solution would fix a lot of the issues people have been experiencing.

Due to this, I will be concentrating on the Story elements whilst Larian do their magic and update the mod for that when that gets done.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Me and 2 friends were playing with the 3 player variant that Mace posted and we crashed when leandra is supposed to appear in the luculla mines temple. We tried loading older saves to fix the crash eventually leading to a 5 hour old save before the fight with king boreas, and it still crashed. Just wondering what people's opinions are about it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
@molarat92

Just to bump and confirm this, we have this problem with leandra not appearing in the mines and game crashing when playing Mace's 3 player mod too. We cant progress any further. Finally someone else commented on this bug and I very much would like to know how to fix it.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Uh, sounds not so nice if that happens to all with the three player mod created by Mace, so should we restart the whole game with traditional 2 player then? Has anyone gotten past that point?

S
stranger
stranger
S
It works fine here, I ain't using the 3player mod from mace through, I use a hacked main.pak file instead (to play with 3 ppl) as I feel like it's WAY less buggy then a mod.

K
stranger
stranger
K
If you change a file SkillSet.txt in the Data \ Public \ (mod) \ Data \ folder is created add, you can have some skills you want from the class that you want to assign. Third person Me and two friends were playing with the variant 3 players Mace shown and we fell Leandra is supposed to appear in the temple mines Luculla. We tried to charge more stops at the accident eventually leading to a save 5 hours ago before the fight with King Boreas repair and crashed again. I wondered what people's opinions are on this. Turn Translator About Google Translate Mobile Community Help Privacy Send feedback
Click to edit alternative translations and see

From
http://www.smallsectionalsofa.net

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Sildur
It works fine here, I ain't using the 3player mod from mace through, I use a hacked main.pak file instead (to play with 3 ppl) as I feel like it's WAY less buggy then a mod.

Where to get this?

I suppose it is not possible switch from mace's mod to this without starting over, or? If it isn't some guru could fix this bug with Mace's pls wink

stranger
stranger
How far into the game is this? Sounds like it is rather far.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Yes, it does indeed, which makes me worry. Maybe molerat92 and Tion_3 can eloborate this themselves as they have faced the same bug, but no heavy spoilers please.

Tiaexz #542014 11/08/14 10:25 AM
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Tiaexz
Originally Posted by Bazerand
I assume its related to me being a big fat cheater and giving all of my characters lone wolf.

Yes, this is a known issue.

I will let you guys decide whether or not I should remove the talent, change the talent or leave it 'as is'.

Does this mean none of the four source hunters can have Lonewolf, or only two? EDIT: After trying it out myself, it gives me the message but doesn't actually do anything other than that. Will this cause problems later on?

Personally, I think it'd be pretty neat if there were more companions to choose from and your max party size was eight. Four source hunters, four companions. Possibly add a donkey companion whose sole purpose is to carry stuff. Can help in combat, but it's not a good idea to use them for that.

... or maybe I'm trying to make this game too much like Dungeon Siege. A party size of eight really would make the game very trivial. Perhaps a mod that not only increased the max party size, but the average number of creatures to compensate?

Or perhaps just a change to Lonewolf in general. I mostly pick it up for the bonus Ability Points. Of course the AP is nice too, but 2 AP per turn only allows me to cast one more ability every couple of turns.

If there's a way to change the negative effects of the Talent, that'd be awesome. Or make "All Skilled Up" grant 1 extra ability point per level and just remove Lone Wolf? I have no idea, just spitballing here.

Last edited by Fisher; 11/08/14 11:53 AM.
Tiaexz #542609 12/08/14 08:35 PM
addict
addict
Guys! This mod sounds excellent and is exactly what I was looking for. Need to try it out. Great job, Tiaexz.

I'd like to play with three characters (Lady, Mage, Knight ;)) and character planning just doesn't work the way I want without three Source Hunters. Lone Wolf with three main characters would probably indeed be overpowered, but I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the higher ability points count? 49 max is great for 4 characters, but with 2 or 3 there should be at least some scaling, IMO.

What do you have in mind for the dialogues, Tiaexz? Are you writing the new ones yourself or how will that work?

C
Caj Offline
stranger
stranger
C
How do you get this to work with the GOG version? I put it in the Divinity - Original Sin/data folder and it did nothing.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Some things have been keeping me occupied IRL so I thought it was best to keep in here to say any progress is currently Paused.

Apologies for any disappointment.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I use Mace mod and also get the crash when I am in the mine temple. I found out that the bug is because of the 2nd stair from the temple gate in luculla mine and there is a way to move on without using that stair. The solution is using a teleportation spell( not self-teleportation like ranger or fighter dive) and teleport all the player onto the second floor without touching the stair. I have finished the mine and now move on the next area. Hope that help you guys.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Interesting, so there is luckily a workaround through the bug. Any problems like that since you passed it?

Does the stair trigger some sort of dialogue or something? Hopefully this still get fixed without having to use such tricks.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard