Print Thread
Noaloha Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I want my opening level to include
(1) a woodpile that, as a container, guarantees three sticks
and
(2) a rat that, upon death, has a lootable corpse which will *always* contain 1x rat tail, 1x raw meat, 2x sinew.

To accomplish this, I guess I need to add some custom loot tables to the TreasureTable.xlsm file!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I think I've correctly edited the TreasureTable.xlsm file, following the same format as other 'guaranteed drop' loot tables.

[Linked Image]

And, I think I've placed the modified .xlsm file in the correct folder....

\\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\MYMODULE\Stats

But when I load up the Editor and add the new table names to the in-game items, no loot loads. Maybe this is where I'm messing up? Am I adding the loot table name to correct spot in the sidebar?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Neither work as they should, however I feel like I'm doing something really wrong with the rat especially, as he is not even a lootable object upon death. Am I missing something obvious there?

((EDIT! okay ignore the bit about the rat's corpse not being lootable -- I was having a brainturd moment. Enemy corpses spray loot around them rather than become lootable objects themselves, duh. Question then becomes, why is the rat NPC not spraying the applied loot-table's fixed contents?))

Has anyone managed to get TreasureTable.xlsm edits to show up in a separate, non main-campaign, module? Can anyone help and point me at whatsoever I'm doing wrong? My idea for a mini-module absolutely hinges on having fixed loot, both from containers and NPCs, so I really need to nail this process down.

Last edited by Noaloha; 27/07/14 02:20 PM.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
You have to generate the table from all.xlsm and put the generated files in there too, I believe.

Noaloha Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Okay, I ran the all.xlsm in Original Sin\data\public\MYMODULE\Stats, hit the massive GENERATE button and that dumped a load of .txt files in the Original Sin\data\public\MYMODULE\Stats\Generated folder.

(Pro-tip -- if, like me, you don't know what you're doing, keep back-ups of any .txt files you've previously played with! The GENERATE process overwrote -- overwrit? overwrited? -- my modified SkillSet.txt and Character.txt files and pushed them back to default content.)

Sadly, still no success in the Editor. Just blank containers for the woodpile and bones, and zero loot-spray on my rat-NPC.

[Linked Image]

Does anything here stand out as obviously wrong?

In the screenshot I include the entries for good old "CYS_Level2Crate", which I'm using as my predefined loot template (this is the crate just before the beach fight right before you hit the doors of Cyseal -- it always contains a sword and bow) and also the entry for, what I think, is Ishmashell, a guaranteed loot drop from an NPC.

There's more investigation and experimenting that I can do, but I've pretty much ruin out of my Divinity Engiine playtime for today, so I'm hoping when I pick this problem back up, maybe there's some helpful tips!

R
addict
addict
R
I have tried TreasureTable changes myself, and as far as I can tell any changes a Mod makes to the contents of the TreasureTables are ignored. Custom additions do not apply either.

It is possible to change the contents of a container via the RootTemplate, but they can only point to pre-existing TreasureTables. It's also possible for custom items to use pre-existing Object Categories (ie SkillbookAir or Gold or whatnot) to show up in places where objects of those category appear.

Noaloha Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well! Hm. That's disappointing to hear.

The "point to pre-existing templates" thing wouldn't help in my case due to how I'm setting up my world density and puzzles. Guaranteed, fixed/specific contents are pretty crucial.

Not to worry. I guess this is yet another situation where I'll rely on StoryEditor scripts putting everything where it needs to be at GameStart. :P

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
As far as I can tell, TreasureTable.txt works in only \Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\.

Link Copied to Clipboard