Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
journeyman
Since I am compensating the player for the 'missing characters' attribute/talent/ability points at the start, should I also compensate them for the missing points on level up?

What I am asking is, should I also provide attribute/talent/ability points upon level up, as if funneling Player 2's points into Player 1?

It's hard to answer this one. I'm playing a ranger who always attacks from stealth, so I don't really need the extra points.

But if I was playing a melee character, then things might be very different.

So what about having two versions of the mod? One with the extra points and one without? Then people can decide for themselves which one they'd like to use.

Again a billion and one thanks for this mod. I love it! smile

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
After some consideration, I have decided to go with the staggered implementation. Basically your character will be gaining an Attribute point and several Ability points every level, with a Talent Point coming every two levels.

Unless something game-breaking comes up, this is most likely to be the last update to this build (until Larian starts patching the game again)-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ct7alcp1nunfrj/JourneyOfTheLoneWolfV6.zip

C
stranger
stranger
C
How do i install this mod? I have used other mods where I just put the mod file in the mods folder that is in documents/larian/divinity.../mods and they show up in game. Here I place the unzipped folder in and nothing shows up.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Because it isn't a .pak file, the files in the ZIP go into the corresponding folders in your Divinity installation path (wherever you have installed to). For my game, I would install it by placing the Data folder into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\ location and merging the Data folders together.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Rhidian
Because it isn't a .pak file, the files in the ZIP go into the corresponding folders in your Divinity installation path (wherever you have installed to). For my game, I would install it by placing the Data folder into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\ location and merging the Data folders together.

This worked, amazing thanks.

stranger
stranger
So I've been playing with Journey of the Lone Wolf for a few days and so far it works very well. For the feedback:

1) SOLVED, my bad. Please try to remove the dual dialog's yellow exclamation mark. It's so annoying to watch this all the time. There are 2 types of dual dialog in the game. After the first type (level up, big killing blow, mainly things between main protagonists) the exclamation mark won't disappear. However it will disappear after the second type of dialog which usually are reactions to NPC problems/decisions. Nothing gamebreaking, just annoying.

2) When trying to get the blue pyramid from Cecilia, the whole event somewhat doesn't play. She is already standing in her room and the main door won't open + no dialog with her. Just a small issue really.

3) After respecing one can't hire second henchman anymore. One can still hire a henchman even after not selecting lone wolf from the character creation and receiving it on the beach. Again not a problem, maybe something for future updates.

I'm also playing with your other mod Purchasable skill books and it works very well together. Even the Boulder Dash spell -.-

Just stopped by to say thank you for these mods.

Last edited by Magus; 10/08/14 10:29 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm not sure if this bug was caused by this mod or just the game being... silly, but when I reached the Homestead for the first time, I tried to change my character's appearance, and in the process attempted to change her portrait, which lead to her not having a portrait at all.

It had a sort of chameleon effect on it; the portrait took the shape of any buff icon I had on. Also, if I cheated a bit and disabled the Lone Wolf talent and then hired a henchman or companion, my portrait would become theirs.

It was pretty funny, admittedly.

1) Please try to remove the dual dialog's yellow exclamation mark. It's so annoying to watch this all the time. There are 2 types of dual dialog in the game. After the first type (level up, big killing blow, mainly things between main protagonists) the exclamation mark won't disappear. However it will disappear after the second type of dialog which usually are reactions to NPC problems/decisions. Nothing gamebreaking, just annoying.

Go into your settings, under the... I think it's the Gameplay tab. Turn off the option for dual dialogs. I haven't seen a yellow exclamation point since I did that.

stranger
stranger
Heh. Thanks -.- Anyway managed to reach the final fight without any bugs so this mod works very well.

Last edited by Magus; 10/08/14 11:18 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
This is just what I need! Thank you so much!

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
It turns out that the game checks the amount of companions allowed into the party by checking whether both Player 1 and Player 2 have lone wolf. Because this mod doesn't give Lone Wolf to Player 2, the game allows 1 companion to be recruited into the party even though Player 1 has Lone Wolf. Two companions can't be recruited however.

Due to a request on the Steam Workshop thread for this mod, I am posting this modified bit of Story script in case someone else wants something to reference in the future:

This makes it so that any character upon level up will receive the additional points

Code
INIT SECTION
DB_AdditionalAbility(2,2);
DB_AdditionalAbility(3,2);
DB_AdditionalAbility(4,2);
DB_AdditionalAbility(5,2);
DB_AdditionalAbility(6,3);
DB_AdditionalAbility(7,3);
DB_AdditionalAbility(8,3);
DB_AdditionalAbility(9,3);
DB_AdditionalAbility(10,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(11,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(12,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(13,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(14,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(15,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(16,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(17,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(18,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(19,4);
DB_AdditionalAbility(20,4);

DB_AdditionalAttribute(2,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(4,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(6,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(8,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(10,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(12,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(14,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(16,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(18,1);
DB_AdditionalAttribute(20,1);

DB_AdditionalTalent(3,1);
DB_AdditionalTalent(7,1);
DB_AdditionalTalent(11,1);
DB_AdditionalTalent(15,1);
DB_AdditionalTalent(19,1);

KB SECTION
PROC
ProcAdditionalAbilities((CHARACTER)_Player)
AND
CharacterGetLevel(_Player, _charLevel)
AND
DB_AdditionalAbility(_charLevel, _abilPoints)
THEN
CharacterAddAbilityPoint(_Player, _abilPoints);

PROC
ProcAdditionalAttributes((CHARACTER)_Player)
AND
AND
DB_AdditionalAttribute(_charLevel,_attPoints)
THEN
CharacterAddAttributePoint(_Player, _attPoints);

PROC
ProcAdditionalTalents((CHARACTER)_Player)
AND
AND
DB_AdditionalTalent(_charLevel, _talPoints)
THEN
CharacterAddTalentPoint(_Player, _talPoints);

IF
CharacterLeveledUp(_Player)
THEN
ProcAdditionalAbilities(_Player);
ProcAdditionalAttributes(_Player);
ProcAdditionalTalents(_Player);

enthusiast
enthusiast
i am "testing" the mod,read playing smile awesome bro,i feel like a ninja

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
O
stranger
stranger
O
After almost giving up in frustration at the main game due to the level of micro-managing it takes to keep inventories in check, deal with dialogues arguments between the PCs, etc. I'm hoping this mod is my "saving grace" in making the game playable the way I want to play.

My main question is what classes / builds folks are most enjoying as a solo player? My initial thought would be a ranged char, such as mage or ranger(possibly combined with the Permanent Summons Mod permanent summons mod for a more easily managed companion).

I see above that at least one of you has tried a ranger with success, anyone else care to chime in on their experiences?

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm currently running around with a Knight swinging a two-hander who dips a bit in INT skills (geo for fort buff, witch for oath, aero for teleport, hydro for con buff and heal)
It's awesome but heavily depends on the Leech talent so far to keep me alive. Might become impossible later on, but I hope the Man-at-Arms 5 talents will help with survivability.

Currently lvl 5. The Lighthouse boss and the fire elementals in the northwest were close fights because lots of elemental damage.

Last edited by EagleNL; 21/08/14 11:17 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Would it be possible to get a version that doesn't give the PC all the extra Attribute, Ability and talent points? Having lone wolf automatically so I could get another starting talent from the start would be nice, but all the extra points kill it for me. I want to see if the game can be soloed legitimately.

E
stranger
stranger
E
The closest you can get to that (currently), Enigma, is to play without a mod, make a party of two lone wolves and leave one of them in the city at all times. The only thing you'll miss is the talent point for lone wolf.

I had to abandon my solo knight because I couldn't beat the enemy group in front of the cave at the north. The leech nerf hit this char hard. The archers combined with the headless zombies were too much.

Last edited by EagleNL; 28/08/14 07:15 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
(edited for clarity)

Really enjoying this mod; but it *may* conflict with the new companion DLC (I'm not seeing them appear at all -- new game, DLC checked as active in the menu). It's a little difficult to work out, due to how long it takes to check if the companions are present in-game.

I also have a couple of other minor mods active:
- Movement speed
- A couple of extremely minor item tweaks (stat changes to pre-existing items through Armor.txt)

I'll have to troubleshoot when I have the energy wink

A couple of other data points...
Someone in this thread had them appear after dropping a minor mod:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554795

Another wolf with problems here (although curiously, slightly different, I have no new companions, while they have unresponsive ones):
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554765#Post555031

Edit: while this mod may be affected, the movespeed mod is also likely affected; I've probably tried enough combinations for now. More details here:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=555160#Post555160

Last edited by synra; 19/09/14 10:06 AM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Try this version of the mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3uz8tmcd0f3zu4/JourneyLoneWolf6.1.zip

All I did was recompile the mod with the current (v1.0.177) version of the game, which should hopefully fix any issues with the new companions. My belief is that because the mods with Story changes (such as this one) apparently store the entire Story goals of the Main Campaign in the Mods folder, they are overwriting the changes that Larian made with the DLC.

If the issue still persists, then there would have to be a conflict with the Story goals that this mod directly changes (and thus still uses the previous versions of):
_Start
_GLO_PlayerComments
_PROC
CYS_General
HOM_EndGame

I don't think the companions are mentioned in these files, but I might be mistaken since I haven't really looked too closely at the new files. I am concerned a little bit about the Co-Op dialog changes, but that shouldn't matter for this mod because Co-Op dialog is impossible anyways.

apprentice
apprentice
Great, I'll give it a try when I have a few minutes spare. Thanks smile

apprentice
apprentice
The new version (from Steam workshop) seems to crash the game shortly after hitting [new game]. After revisting my poor reading comprehension I tested your Mediafire version (by merging Data folders as instructed above) wink

----
Notes:
At the start: (I don't remember seeing this in the previous version): "You or your party member have gone and done it"... [they're at the inn] -- but not actually of course.

The new version skipped the: "I'd mistake this for a quiet beach"

Bairdoyt is present and banters with the guards, which is an improvement on previous versions, but the guards still remain unresponsive to player interactions.

----

My own setup:
Currently using the new version of movespeed mod (RootTemplates\Player.lsb), as well as my own minor tweaks to Armor.txt (both verified working with companions).

Thanks for your efforts Rhidian smile

Last edited by synra; 21/09/14 06:19 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I've updated my previous post with the results of my test run smile

(just flagging that it has changed, while I was fumbling around there were a few useless versions, heh)

Last edited by synra; 21/09/14 06:18 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard