Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
after completing the game on normal, I started a new one on hard. by the time I went to face Braccus Rex, my party of four is at level 9. and...Rex and his mob are around 9 as well. this battle still took me several tries, since few times I couldn't survive Rex 's initial meteor shower. the whole boss fight is actually quite manageable except for that one spell.
I don't have problem with bosses having various immunity or abilities, but they shouldn't be able to cast spells beyond their levels. facing a level 18+ boss I'd be fine with dealing with meteor shower, not a level 9 one~

veteran
veteran
Boss can use scrolls...

WOOS
R
addict
addict
R
Unfortunately, the Meteor Rain skill that Braccus Rex uses is set to be his level minus 1, so he's technically using a spell that's less than his level. All enemy skills have their levels scaled to the enemy; it is only the Player skills that have the various requirements.

T
OP Offline
T
ok...it's just that of all the enemies, he's the only one with an insane trick by enemy/item (2 loremaster skill, including those in the magically locked chest) levels.

and we get the key to the chest very late in the game~~

enthusiast
enthusiast
...or you use a magic unlock scroll. Arhu has one, although you may have used it in the warehouse at the Cyseal docks. It's a rare drop.

A
addict
addict
A
Ya know guys please dont post spoiler especially on a title.

Better to keep that magic unlock scroll for when you find the three chests in your armoury. At least those chests have a chance of giving high level loot. smile

Small spoiler:
You can find at least two more magic unlock spells. One is in a mound in the temple of dead, near the spot where you find some guy's journal, along with a lot of ingredients. The other rests in a mound in the 'crypt' area of the mines.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
...or you use a magic unlock scroll. Arhu has one, although you may have used it in the warehouse at the Cyseal docks. It's a rare drop.

Fortunately, it is possible to craft unlock scrolls, if the very few guaranteed ones do not suffice:

They are a random CR2 witchcraft scroll, so first make a larger number of random blank witchcraft scrolls (paper/parchment + pixie dust, both of which are plentiful in the game), then use the magic quill & ink on them and you'll turn them into random low-level witchcraft scrolls - with a bit of luck you'll get a few unlock scrolls that way. (Savescum if that's the way you roll.)

Note that CR3+ increases the number of different random witchcraft scroll outcomes from crafting, so it is ideal to craft them with a crafter that has exactly CR2 to maximize the odds of getting the desired outcome. The easiest way to do this is to give a CR0 crafter belt/shoulders with +crafting, if you've got them.

It is very pleasant to unlock the Armoury with a stack of unlock scrolls already in one's possession. smile

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Link Copied to Clipboard