Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
I think I'm just going to have to stop playing until the big patch with the new companions is added ... and then the hot fix to fix the bugs that adds, then wait a few weeks more to see if other stuff is tweaked/fixed, then play again. Maybe around November. I don't plan on getting DA:I right away anyway as I still have a lot of bitterness against BW.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't get what Larian is doing here anyway. The editor needs the love... modders are what keeps D:OS alive, but not forever. Too many open issues, too many "ease-of-use" features missing in the editor.

Larian, you need to fix the editor, you need to improve it. You need to actually support modding with more than just video tutorials.

Remember Larian, some of us are only here for the editor... the game was extra.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Most are here for the game, so it makes sense patching this...

old hand
old hand
Both will be patched and improved. Its not like they just ran off to Rio, or some Caribbean tax heaven. Right?

:P

..nah, theyre too pale. cant handle that much sun.

I would agree that it would be nice to get some editor improvements, if possible, ahem.
Give them some more time folks. Its been a helish end run. The whole dev part after the kickstarter, really.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Can we cool it down a bit please, guys... smirk

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I've deleted the most recent replies from this topic. Either be civil or don't post.

J'aime le fromage.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Vometia
I've deleted the most recent replies from this topic. Either be civil or don't post.

So, was it the curse words that bothered you?

Generally, being condescending and calling people imbeciles is not something considered civil. He hasn't taken the hint from the nice folks here, so I don't mind saying he can go frak himself for being such a piece of felgercarb.

Last edited by herbancowboy; 25/08/14 05:31 AM.
Support
Support

Most people don't mind profanity or uncivil behaviour that they do themselves, or they wouldn't do it in the first place. That does not mean it is either appropriate or wanted, though.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Raze

Most people don't mind profanity or uncivil behaviour that they do themselves, or they wouldn't do it in the first place. That does not mean it is either appropriate or wanted, though.

Insightful reply...

S
stranger
stranger
S
I said it on Steam once: the best solution from Larians side would have been, refund the points of the talents Larian altered. If the players still think there are worthwhile then they rechoose them, all the others dont have to sit on (in their eyes) pointless talents.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Malkavi

1) Divinity: Original Sin has been a commercial success, one of the higher-ranking top sellers on Steam, and was only officially released less than two months ago. Statements like "Between working on our future games and continuing to support D:OS, there's surprisingly little time" are incredibly discouraging to your customers.

Well, then, perhaps you would have preferred him to have said, "Between having to get up out of bed to go to the bathroom or fix a sandwich in the kitchen, there isn't much time left for working on the game"...?

2) I understand it's impossible to test for every possible bug, but some of the things we're talking about are very basic. Party health being reduced to base level (without gear bonuses) every single time a game is loaded. Resist caps applying to obviously resist-centered mechanics like Zombie or certain spell buffs. To compare testing these things to a single person working a 40 hour work week is completely disingenuous. It's either a cop-out answer or it shows extreme incompetence.

I'm sure you'd have much preferred putting a list of bugs on a dart board and (when the developers weren't sacking out) they could have a rousing game of darts to see which ones get fixed and in what order...?

3) There are methods in place to test beta-level patches, which is what this definitely was. I know Steam has a system to opt-in to beta updates. There are also ways to do so through manual download. To force such an incomplete update to every user creates a mess.

Listen, between sleeping & eating and playing darts, there just isn't time, you know.

This was a game that just a week ago I was recommending to all of my friends. Considering the above points, I have lost faith in Larian. Some of these things are far too amateurish to simply be brushed away like the above post tried to do.

Yes, any time a game developer candidly tells us something we'd much rather he simply lied to us and made up a lot of stuff with three and four-syllable buzzwords that sounds plausible, even if there's not a shred of truth to it. Right? Who needs the truth? Fie on that!

On a personal note, I find it very amusing to read lectures from people on "the proper way to make a game" who only learned how to spell "g-a-m-e" last week, and the word "a-m-a-t-e-u-r," yesterday. Always enjoyable...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard