Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

[Linked Image]

Since, I am not getting paid by doing this and I am already staring to get enough of this mod so I would be happy to leave the beta testing for you. Everything else should be in a pretty good shape except combat difficulty and a dialog grammar and spelling issues.

I would be extremely happy if someone who is speaking English at his first language would double check the dialogs and string tables.

Also the combat difficulty will require some adjustment. So, a feedback regarding that matter is vital. The world map that you should see by pressing "M" should have a number in each location of a significant battle. That should help to identify different battles.

Known Issues:

Due to lack of information The Quest Journal isn't implemented. Although, the number of quest is low enough that there shouldn't be need for a Journal.

Red-Handed Items are not working in-game. While testing a level in the editor the Red-Handed items are working properly so, something is wrong in TriggerSetItemOwner() function.

Here's the complete script that does not make items red-handed in-game:
PHP Code

Version 1
SubGoalCombiner SGC_AND
INITSECTION
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// A Script to make items in a trigger owned by NPC and display region name when player enters in it
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Exclude usable items from private belongings
// This must be defined before HUS_MyProperty(...)
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DB_HUS_MP_Ex("LTS_Rich_Candleholder_D_14c222be-a500-4162-827f-c49494b39233");
DB_HUS_MP_Ex("LTS_Rich_Candleholder_B_727742e8-dd09-46e6-9a4f-f5b1229bb783");
DB_HUS_MP_Ex("LTS_Rich_Candleholder_A_fc0d87e4-e9f9-4956-88cc-28cf6de5d7af");
DB_HUS_MP_Ex("05m_Citizen_A_Door_A_Item_1334583f-347d-4ac7-8ee5-efbfba5fd999");
DB_HUS_MP_Ex("05m_HouseFarm_A_Hatch_A_Item_f6ad6f51-bf90-4ec4-a42b-6980766646f2");

// Initialize NPC Owned Items and Sub Regions
// HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER, NPC, SubRegionName);
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Tavern, CHARACTER_UnderSiege_Bernard, "HUS_SR_Tavern");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Hunter, CHARACTER_UnderSiege_Hilbert, "HUS_SR_Hunter");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Magic, CHARACTER_UnderSiege_Maribel, "HUS_SR_Magic");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Lisbeth, CHARACTER_UnderSiege_Lisbeth, "");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Katherine, CHARACTER_UnderSiege_Katherine, "");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Captain, CHARACTER_UnderSiege_Captain, "");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Gilbert, CHARACTER_NULL, "HUS_SR_Gilbert");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_DigSite, CHARACTER_NULL, "HUS_SR_Maribel");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Tower, CHARACTER_NULL, "HUS_SR_Tower");
HUS_MyProperty(TRIGGER_HUS_MP_Crypt, CHARACTER_NULL, "HUS_SR_Crypt");

KBSECTION

PROC HUS_ClearProperty((TRIGGER)_Trig)
AND DB_HUS_MP_Ex(_List)
THEN
TriggerClearItemTemplateOwners(_Trig, _List);

// If a non-null NPC character is specified. Mark all items to belong to it 
// Then clear some usable items from private belongings
PROC HUS_MyProperty((TRIGGER)_Trig, (CHARACTER)_Char, (STRING)_Area)
AND _Char != CHARACTER_NULL
THEN
TriggerSetItemOwner(_Trig, _Char);
HUS_ClearProperty(_Trig);

// If the Area name is specified then record it in database
PROC HUS_MyProperty((TRIGGER)_Trig, (CHARACTER)_Char, (STRING)_Area)
AND _Area != ""
AND NOT DB_HUS_Area(_Trig, _)
THEN
DB_HUS_Area(_Trig, _Area);
TriggerRegisterForPlayers(_Trig);

// Display SubRegion Name when player enters in it
IF CharacterEnteredTrigger(_Char, _Trig)
AND _Char.isPlayer()
AND DB_HUS_Area(_Trig, _Name)
THEN CharacterEnteredSubRegion(_Char, _Name);

EXITSECTION

ENDEXITSECTION
ParentTargetEdge "__Start"

UnderSiege

The UnderSiege can be played as a part of the Main Campaign or as a Stand-alone Module. There is roughly about 2-5 hours of game play in the mod. Some special skills may be required to fully complete the mod. Enemy levels varies from 4 to 6 in the mod.

When playing as a Stand-alone module:
1. You need to start the Main Campaign
2. Pick up Madora and Jahan from Cyseal
3. Speak to the NPC in a front of the Major's house.
4. Speak to the "Sailor" in the docks to level up and get some starting cash.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
UnderSiege.pak

Save the package in: ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods\

Last edited by BioSpirit; 28/08/14 12:43 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Grabbed it. Will try and find some time to play tonight.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Haven't had time to play, but I took a long pass through the Keywords folder (your dialogs) and gave it a thorough once over. Found lots of little things to clean up, just instances of captilisation, spacing, consistency, readability, clarity, etc. The dialogs should be in pretty good shape now.

The changes are purely corrections for spelling, punctuation and grammar -- I haven't made any changes to your actual story-telling.

Compare side to side with your own Keyword files first if you like, or, if you trust me, just paste it straight over. I'm pretty confident it's in good shape, but there's always the chance I accidentally used an ['] instead of [&a pos;] (without the space) somewhere.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5qgrg6daboqrx5t/Keywords.zip

Last edited by Noaloha; 26/08/14 08:58 PM.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks a lot, I will include them in the next release. claphands Now that the dialogs are in a good shape we have one thing less to worry about.

What should we do with Maribel's Diary:
...It is as I was suspecting, the information from the Arcane Library confirms that the high priest Casaraccus is burried somewhere nearby and some relics ware left behind that only a worthy can find. Some people believe that it's only a myth and no relics exists. The high priest was also a master scraftsman and enchanter so the creations could be truly interesting...

...There is a magical barrier protection the relics and based on information that I have been able to decipher. This barrier seems to be made from an invisible ice and that is trully marvelous archivement....

...Not again. Even if the surroundings of this site seems to match the description this isn't the right place. The description gives some clues and one of them is a small etched symbol that mostly remainds of "B" in a common alphabets and the treasure should be located about 5 meters in a direction opposite to mid day's sun. So, the key to solve the puzzle lies in finding the small etched symbol and that would require an eagle to spot it in the wilderness...

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's mostly fine. Caught a few spelling and punctuation incidents and switched a few sentences/clauses around for readability and repetition.

...It is as I suspected, the information from the Arcane Library confirms that the High Priest Casaraccus is buried somewhere nearby. My findings also indicate that several well-hidden relics have been left behind, and that to locate them will require a truly worthwhile individual. Of course, some people believe this to be nothing but a myth and that no such relics exist. I have also learned that this High Priest was a master craftsman and enchanter, leading me to hope that his creations, should they ever be found, may well be quite, quite interesting...

...It would seem that there is a magical barrier protecting the relics, at least according to what I have been able to decipher. This barrier seems to be made from an invisible ice - if true, this is a truly marvelous achievement...

...Not again. Even though this site clearly match the description, it does not appear to be the right place. The deciphered texts offer some clues, one of which mentions a small etched symbol, this symbol somewhat resembling the letter "B" in common alphabets. The texts go on to mention that this treasure should be located 5 meters or so in a direction opposite to the midday sun. So then, the key to solving the puzzle lies in first finding this small symbol. To spot such a thing in this wilderness would require the eyes of an eagle...

Last edited by Noaloha; 27/08/14 11:11 AM.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks, I'll change the text.

BTW. I got a character portrait selection to work after copying some *.dds files to ..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Assets\Textures\Icons\ from Textures.pak using LSTools. Looks like the Toolset doesn't know how to fetch the data from Textures.pak directly in this particular case.

[Linked Image]

journeyman
journeyman
thanks for sharing BioSpirit, didn't know that one!

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
This MOD has now launched in Steam as a stand-alone mod.

EDIT: Looks like I can not edit the first post to remove outdated information and links. The first post would be the best place the get the latest information.

Last edited by BioSpirit; 11/09/14 08:31 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Could you please post the MOD on this forum for us non-Steam/GoG.com users? TIA.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Please also about this mod for non-steam - a link to download

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by vicco1
Could you please post the MOD on this forum for us non-Steam/GoG.com users? TIA.

It's a bit difficult since I can't edit the first post anymore. But of course, I can upload the latest package and the old link should work again. What about NexusMods ?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
thanks
it is possible to open due to the translation of texts to another language?
What program or method?

Last edited by PredatorV; 13/09/14 11:00 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
This mod crashes as soon as 2nd player joins. Can you please let me know if there's anything that can be done to fix it? Thanks.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
If users are having a different version of the game or the mod then that's something that could cause a crash. But anyway, a crash is something that Larian should investigate. It would be better to display an error about what went wrong instead of letting the application to crash.

Has anyone else tested multiplayer ?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
This is not the fault Larian, but your smile
Game updates, balance of power, intelligence, etc... Your mode still has the old data from historical version game.
Where the current mode, you must update it...
It is not enough to create it, but take care of him. I had already walked out on him, because it is outdated and can not fully function frown

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Hi,

I am pretty new to D:OS. Currently focusing on enjoying the game and learning the mechanics.
For which, I choose this mod since it seems much more manageable than the whole game.

My question is: I am trying to do this on normal difficulty with a four character party with two chars having Lone Wolf (not suppposed to do it but......)

Am encountering Lvl 4 groups halfway through my party being level 3.

Is this mod difficult? Do I need to learn more (I think so, but just wanted a second opinion......)

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I put in more effort into this.

The order of quests is quite clear (hinted at in the module).

Just wanted to know about the "area transitions".......

Also about the orc attacks. How are you supposed to go out of the town when the orcs attack?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I mananged to complete most of the things (I think) except for......

Getting past the magical barrier (not able to find Big Pearl)

Also, could someone throw some light on:
1. How the "Orc Attack" event is triggred? How are you supposed to go out of town once the doors are locked (I went via the water....that is cheating, right)

2. How it is solved.

Link Copied to Clipboard