Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#550826 07/09/14 05:24 AM
MikeyMc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What program do you think would be best to get my old D&D group playing together again now that we all live in different parts of the world? I was a big fan (and model maker) of NWN and I love Fantasy Grounds 2. Those are pretty old though... What is THE thing to use these days? THANKS!

____
Old school NWN Model Maker
veteran
veteran
Pretty old, but I'd honestly say NWN2 is still the current standard for setting up a group RPG.

I know it sounds crazy, considering how old it is, but there hasn't really been any other program to replace it since.

Please click the banner...
MikeyMc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Eeep. NWN2 eh? My experience in trying to mod for it was that it was much more difficult than NWN. I know NWN has a MMO that you can build levels for, but MMO's ya know?

____
Old school NWN Model Maker
veteran
veteran
Well, I know I didn't fancy it, but on the other hand I could never figure the NWN toolset out, either. I just plain suck at modding.

There are a ton of things made for NWN2, from campaigns to objects & scenery. A small team even remade the original Baldur's Gate in the NWN2 engine, which is a pretty stunning feat, IMO.

The best places to find NWN2 stuff are:

Neverwinter 2 Nexus

Neverwinter Vault

The Neverwinter Vault has moved recently, BTW, so if you knew the old location, it's gone.

Please click the banner...
Unrelated sort of, but I played a game called Paper Sorcerer a little while ago (on GoG) and it sure does have that pen and paper feel cause the graphics are such that it looks like you are playing in a book (since in the game, you are trapped in and playing inside a magic book)

If they released a mod tool for that game, that sure would be a great program for making P&P style games.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard