Next Thread
Print Thread
#555026 18/09/14 04:37 AM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hello, I am trying to get into osiris coding, and I have no idea as of where to look for syntax information. I have run into a problem with an if statement due to this. I want to check whether or not a boss have below 50% hp when his turn starts.

Code
PROC
CharacterTurnStarted(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_Boss)
AND
CharacterGetHitpointsPercentage(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_Boss)<50
THEN
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd000,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint000,"Add was Spawned");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd001,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint001,"Add was Spawned");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd002,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint002,"Add was Spawned");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd003,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint003,"Add was Spawned");
GoalCompleted;

I get the "Syntax error: "<" unexpected". Any suggestions?

old hand
old hand
Well for one you have the "<50" in the outside of the parentheses, so that will give you an error because the command requires both a character and an integer within that function (the parentheses). I don't think the command would recognize "<" even if it was on the inside though.

Here's an idea, not sure if this will work or not:

Code
PROC
AND
CharacterGetHitpointsPercentage(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_Boss,_Health)
And
IntergerMax(_Health, 50)
THEN
ETC...

R
addict
addict
R
Code
IF
CharacterTurnStarted(CHARACTER_Ulfred_Gatekeeper_Boss)
AND
CharacterGetHitpointsPercentage(CHARACTER_Ulfred_Gatekeeper_Boss, _Health)
AND
_Health < 50
THEN
Stuff

You want to be using IF rather than PROC. You would also need a way to make sure that it only runs once.

Last edited by Rhidian; 18/09/14 12:18 PM.
old hand
old hand
Would IntergerMax also work, or am I using that function completely wrong there?

R
addict
addict
R
IntegerMax takes two integer inputs and outputs the larger of the two into another variable.

Code
IF
CharacterLeveledUp(_Char)
AND
IntegerMax(5, 10, _output)
AND
_output < 6
THEN
PartyAddExperience(_output); //Never occurs because _output will equal 10

For the OP, this code should do what you're wanting (if GoalComplete doesn't work)
Code
IF
AND
CharacterGetHitpointsPercentage(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_Boss, _health)
AND
_health < 50
AND
NOT DB_UlfredTriggered(1)
THEN
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd000,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint000,"Add was Spawned");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd001,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint001,"Add was Spawned");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd002,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint002,"Add was Spawned");
CharacterTeleportToTrigger(CHARACTER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAdd003,TRIGGER_Ulfred_GateKeeper_BossAddPoint003,"Add was Spawned");
DB_UlfredTriggered(1);

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Your first solution seems to work (haven't tested it extensively though), but how does the alternative to goal completed that you've provided work? Do you not need to define DB_UlfredTriggered somewhere somewhere before hand?

old hand
old hand
I'm pretty sure he's essentially defining the database DB_UlfredTriggered with the NOT clause. Then, when the adds spawn, the database is filled with a number. Since the IF-statement requires that there's nothing in this database, placing something into that database once the adds spawn prevents the adds from spawning over and over again.

Link Copied to Clipboard