Rebuilt a system that determines if a player is human or NPC. Primarily used global events to track when each step was done.
Worked fine until the editor started crashing. Backed up the story and level files. Deleted the mod, uninstalled the game and editor.
Reinstalled. Now the IF GlobalEventSet function has stopped catching global events that were set in a previous sub goal. It worked before... I also tried using a DB entry, same result. It appears this subgoal is broken..
Deleted everything except the RawFiles folder under MyMod\Story
Removed the file for the broken subgoal from the raw files. Recreated the subgoal, copy/pasted the code into the subgoal, rebuilt the story but no go. I copied the IF GlobalEventSet statement to the node where the event was set and it worked...
Copy/pasted the rest of the code from the bad subgoal to the ___Start goal. That code worked but the next subgoal isn't executing.
I created a new goal (didn't put it under start) Copy/paste the next set of code there and it worked. So the problem is with subgoals...
Complained about it in the IRC channel. mandar suggested I put Goalcompleted; at the end of the subgoal and it worked. Thanks mandar!
Last edited by Mag; 01/10/14 02:04 AM.