Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
I am level 19, now fighting Orcs and Goblin in Phantom Forest. All my weapons are Legendary and I have yet to come across a single Tenebrium weapon that has a higher $$$ value than any of my weapons. Sure, some of them do less damage than Tenebrium weapons, but not by that much and other properties my weapons have (like Stun %, Freeze %, etc) outweigh the damage increase I would gain from the Tenebrium weapons I encountered so far. How is that possible, considering that I am getting close to level 20, which means I am close to the game's end??? I have one giant Tenebrium hammer that has a pretty good damage increase over what Madora is carrying. Her Tenebrium skill is actually above her Two-Handed skill, and yet she does much better with her Legendary Two-Handed sword overall.

So please guys, tell me where I can find those truly awesome Tenebrium weapons. So far the max damage for one warrior is 350, and for another is 368. Although I do only about 80-100 damage per normal hit when fighting Phantom forest Goblins and Orcs. Is that too low? Am I missing something?

Each warrior has 5 points in Tenebrium, which now seem extremely wasted...

Wait - isn't there a place in End of Time where I can re-arrange all my ability points????

Last edited by MonarchX; 05/10/14 01:35 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
The quality of weapons doesn't necessarily mean anything and neither does their value.

You don't find truly awesome Tenebrium weapons, you craft them yourself and you enhance them yourself. If you wish to know the specific details I can let you know. I elaborated on my specific 2H weapon stats in another thread.

Also, you can respec at the End of Time. It's generally not worth it as there are many skills that are only available at character creation or only at one or two points during the game.

Last edited by nbog; 05/10/14 01:45 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
I spent some points into totally useless abilities that I never cared for, but I didn't realize I could to save those points to spend them on abilities that needed more points than I had available at that time... I just decided to spend all of them per each level before I figured out I can save those points. For example, I have absolutely no need for Sneaking as I never do it and it was never useful because I play as warriors and mages. Could I take those ability points from Sneaking and other useless abilities (to me at least) and distribute them among the needed abilities? Is it also not worth it??? I could invest into CRAFTING abilities because I got none! How good should your crafting be to create Tenebrium weapons? Please point to the right thread!

My co-op partner said that when he tried to re-spec he lost all his spells and etc. Does that mean I will lose all my Man At Arms abilities too? He plays as 2 mages and I play as 2 warriors. I only have like 7-8 Man-At-Arms and then Death Knight dispel skill.

I guess at this point of the game, if I don't have enough crafting ability points, then no awesome Tenebrium weapons can be made... that SUCKS. I deal freaking 80-111 damage per hit with a warrior - its pathetic!

EDIT:
Crafting Level - 5, Blacksmith Level - 3

Is that enough for Tenebrium Weapons???

Last edited by MonarchX; 05/10/14 05:08 PM.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Strictly speaking, you only need 2 Crafting and 3 Blacksmithing to get to the max of 5. You can get +2 to each from gear (gloves and belt), and Pragmatic trait gives you +1 Crafting.

Tenebrium upgrades depend on Tenebrium skill. You need 3 Tenebrium skill to upgrade a weapon with a Tenebrium bar. Using the book + completing Brandon's quest can get you a bonus of +2 (although it may depend on the order in which you do them - might be a bug).

You lose all of your skills when you respec. You can re-buy most of them from vendors. Unfortunately Dust Devil is only available at character creation, and I believe the Whirlwind skillbook is unique, so you will lose those forever if you respec.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
MonarchX, do youself a favour and dont listen too much to the flying "hey, my X is greater than anything in universe". Your observation regarding Tenebrium is correct, your damage values decent enough for the level.

I am used to fight with gear up to 10 levels down my character level, because the combination on a specific gear is more important than one better value on a newer one.

Regarding builds I have yet to see really decent advice. Which would e.g. be to skip the "Uber" warrior 2 hand build with 25 strength and instead give him a few points for intel and some magic abilities for enemy disabling.

I am sure my last party (now level 14) does less damage than average and less than my last parties. But it has the combined ability to take 5 or 6 single enemy figures out of the fight in the first turn and keep them disabled during the fight. Means I need a bit more time to kill, but my party does it risk free. I only needed 2 healings at the end of my last 4 fights (Goblins and Luculla mines) because no enemy ever got to strike.

And if you happen to have a character who has already a 5 in single handed, simply forget Tenebrium. It is irrelevant.

Regards,
Thorsten

Link Copied to Clipboard