Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
stranger
stranger
T
If you apply Warm to a Frozen character it'll defrost them and leave them Chilled. Normally I prefer to use Wildfire, but sometimes you have to work with what you've got!

It works in reverse as well, so it's a waste of time trying to freeze a Warm enemy - they'll just end up Chilled.

enthusiast
enthusiast
so Divine Light puts warm status on things?

The rest I knew.

Last edited by Felixg91; 22/04/15 12:57 AM.
Support
Support

Yes.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Felixg91
Would I rather kill an enemy ( or more than one usually) and/or inflict huge amounts of damage on one, or debuff their willpower and bodybuilding so my mage can put a temporary status effect on them which may not affect the fight much at all?
I tried to point you out The light skill once we have disputed the warrior skill usefulness, but your narrow type of vision is known :-] However The Light reduces both saving throws at once for 3 AP without a chance of resist. Therefore its very handy before apply any skill like knock, cripple, stun, charm ... which are re-rolled to saving throw every turn. Frankly speaking, you can make sure that target you are knocking down dont stand up to early.

Felix your advices sounds loud and confident like from expert, but ... .

Last edited by gGeo; 22/04/15 03:42 AM.
veteran
veteran
I believe EACH skill can be very useful in some way, regarding your playstyle, of course !

So I don't like reading again and again : "this & that skill are USELESS !!"

For example :
I like to have a turn based combat with tactical moves, counting in resistances of enemies (have one character loremaster 5), the surrounding effects, spell effects, etc ... for me that gives me the most fun & satisfaction in D:OS ! smile

For me going for the most highest damage making spells and weapons is a thing I don't care for ! IF I find a better type of weapon I switch the previous one with that new found/bought weapon, but not (always) because of a higher damage value ! If that weapon gives a point in speed, movement, willpower, leadership, strength, intelligence, ... that's also a very good reason for me to choose for such weapon.

So probably battles can be longer because of lower damage making weapons & spells, but some battles can also be fast over thanks to tactical decisions !

Just my point of view wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I haven't really been playing D:OS much at all since I posted the videos, I've been busy with other things. The news of the upcoming EE has encouraged me to try to finish off this playthrough, though.

I fought Boreas today. Since I had 3 physical attackers to only one mage - and not that many direct damage spells for her either, I opted to ignore the statues completely and just fight him with physical damage. My Inquisitor ignored Boreas completely, and focused on buffing and healing my teammates. With 16 Int, a lot of my cooldowns were only 1 turn, so I could drop Elemental Absorption on someone each turn, and often I had the AP to do more.

It turned out that the center area of the room still received the elemental surface treatment, but it couldn't be helped. I was often able to use the edges of the area to avoid the worst of the surfaces. Boreas got off one complete cycle of the elementals plus a bonus ice round before I took him out.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The latest twitch stream of D:OS EE has shown that the Inquisitor has officially become one of the 14 "preset" options on character creation!

Larian's version:

Attributes
INT + 2
SPD + 2
CON + 1

Abilities
Wands
Dual Wielding
Witchcraft
Aerothurge
Pyrokinetic

Talents