Any word on an official 4 player patch? #565270
08/04/15 12:15 AM
08/04/15 12:15 AM
E
Endarire Offline OP
Endarire  Offline OP
E

Greetings, all!

I'm a big fan of D:OS (just check my posts) and keep going back to the Source Difficulty Mod in part for its 4 player compatibility. Yes, this means 2 players control companions, but Baldur's Gate allowed players to control NPC companions.

I'd like this 4P feature to be officially and indefinitely compatible with the upcoming hardcore mode. Source Difficulty's future is questionable with the upcoming megapatch.

Re: Any word on an official 4 player patch? [Re: Endarire] #565277
08/04/15 01:33 AM
08/04/15 01:33 AM
gbnf Offline
gbnf  Offline

Unless something has changed recently it's unlikely there will be an official 4 player patch. At least not in the near future.

Re: Any word on an official 4 player patch? [Re: Endarire] #565279
08/04/15 02:49 AM
08/04/15 02:49 AM
Canada
Raze Offline

Larian Studios
Raze  Offline

Larian Studios

Canada

I'd expect the hex edit method to enable 4 player co-op to remain an option after the next update.
At least theoretically that could be made easier if it were added as an option in-game, with a warning similar to enabling full camera rotation.

Re: Any word on an official 4 player patch? [Re: Endarire] #565634
21/04/15 12:26 PM
21/04/15 12:26 PM
A
Arne Offline
stranger
Arne  Offline
stranger
A

Originally Posted By: Endarire
Greetings, all!

I'm a big fan of D:OS (just check my posts) and keep going back to the Source Difficulty Mod in part for its 4 player compatibility. Yes, this means 2 players control companions, but Baldur's Gate allowed players to control NPC companions.

I'd like this 4P feature to be officially and indefinitely compatible with the upcoming hardcore mode. Source Difficulty's future is questionable with the upcoming megapatch.

I support that. My LAN Party is coming up in autumn and I am desperately holding back playing Divinity so that I don't know anything about the game yet wink Still, I will have to mod the game to four players and I just hope it's stable. Maybe I'm sacrificing myself and just take one of the companions, they seem nice enough. But complete customization would be better of course.

Re: Any word on an official 4 player patch? [Re: Endarire] #565646
21/04/15 06:55 PM
21/04/15 06:55 PM
Colorado USA
Felixg91 Offline
enthusiast
Felixg91  Offline
enthusiast

Colorado USA
No interest in playing with anyone else, ever for any reason, "because I doesnt play well wit udders"...

Make all multi-player content optional not mandatory. Uneccessary content never wanted and multi-player for people who are not going to use it is definately unnecessary content.

Now on the other hand creating four characters and playing all of them as a party alone does have a bit of allure to me so if thats part of the request and doable AND wont affect reliability playability or anything much else, I might be behind that proposal.

Because I loved creating my whole party in IWD's, BG's, and TOEE.

Last edited by Felixg91; 21/04/15 11:18 PM.
Re: Any word on an official 4 player patch? [Re: Felixg91] #565712
24/04/15 09:49 AM
24/04/15 09:49 AM
J
Jimmious Offline
apprentice
Jimmious  Offline
apprentice
J

Originally Posted By: Felixg91
No interest in playing with anyone else, ever for any reason, "because I doesnt play well wit udders"...

Make all multi-player content optional not mandatory. Uneccessary content never wanted and multi-player for people who are not going to use it is definately unnecessary content.

Now on the other hand creating four characters and playing all of them as a party alone does have a bit of allure to me so if thats part of the request and doable AND wont affect reliability playability or anything much else, I might be behind that proposal.

Because I loved creating my whole party in IWD's, BG's, and TOEE.

Sorry mate, the game is based on co-op. Might just be not the perfect game for you. Multiplayer is a central focus and is done EXCELLENTLY I might add and I wish and hope Larian keeps on this track. Absolutely loved playing through the game with my spouse smile