Print Thread
Pillars of Eternity #565866
01/05/15 12:50 PM
01/05/15 12:50 PM
Hassat Hunter Offline OP

veteran
Hassat Hunter  Offline OP

veteran

Odd there's no thread here (besides an old one about beta) concerning this game, since it would be right up the alley of all RPG gamers who reside here.

Personally I think it's better than D:OS (yes, that good!). Combat's not as good, but it makes it well up with the excellent plot and dialogues.

Still some issues I hate (Lockpick/Mine disarm XP and the enchantment system at top), and hopefully they can fix those things in the expansion or sequel. But it's a great game even without those issues.

As for the Beta-thread here's suggestion about no-Combat XP... It's great! (aside from mentioned lockpick XP being added :/)
Remember that vulcanic area in D:OS with the 3 paths? The path with combat (+20000XP) and 2 without that were totally bonus XP-less? Didn't you hate that too and found combat XP wrecking the entire idea behind D:OS about different sollutions?
D:OS could have been so much better using such an XP setup... but maybe for Larian's next title!

So, what were/are your thoughts?

Re: Pillars of Eternity [Re: Hassat Hunter] #567288
04/07/15 02:31 AM
04/07/15 02:31 AM
Serbia
Heathen Offline
stranger
Heathen  Offline
stranger

Serbia
I myself loved Pillars, they made awesome game as well as awesome words, and I do hope that it wont be the last game we see in that universe.

As a game I liked it more then D:OS myself, lets be realistic it had better storyline, I liked the combat system a lot as well but not as much as I loved D:OS combat system.