Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Incase you missed it, this is the suggestionsite I talk about:
http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/313815-kickstarter-pledge-rewards/

While this can be a good thing, many suggestions and people commenting on them and showing what they want in, there's something... missing.
Namely a downvote option.

I've only browsed through 3 pages of suggestions so far (them being the "hottest") but already see lots of them I would be 'HELL NO' on, wanting D:OS to basically be BioWarian laid-simulator-first, game second +1 (people, you already have one previously good-RPG developer chuncking them out by the boatloads. Let's keep our still untainted developers make actual good RPG's. Please?). Or those people who just want an ultra-gritty doom and desperation dark-filled D:OS2.

All people got now is just an option to comment and say no. Actually pressing a button down, just like you can upvote makes it much easier and more accessable to people to show not only what they want in, but also what they don't want to see in (which is also a very important part of feedback after all). Not to mention Larian wont have to sift 100+ posts per topic of people disagreeing. Just look at the upvotes, the downvotes and make your opinion based on that.

I suppose you can be worried about people just 'cheating' to massively downvote, but considering said option already exist for upvoting I don't think it's a valid reason not to add it in.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yes, this! You spoke my mind!
One upvote to this suggestion ;)

S
stranger
stranger
S
As far as I'm aware of, Uservoice doesn't allow downvoting. What you can do, though, is create an opposite thread and upvote that. So if there's a thread that says "put kittens in the game", you can create a thread that says "don't put kittens in the game".

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Place is getting quite bloated already with ideas to double them with counter-topics smirk
Double the work for Larian, not quite the same payback.

fully agree

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
enthusiast
enthusiast
downvoting aside, another thing would be to actually consolidate duplicates ,) Seems to me Larian didn't expect this to become this popular, otherwise Mantis would be have been the superior (if more complicated to setup) choice, not to mention easier to admin.

addict
addict
also newer but still very good suggestions get lost on page 100000000 ... (even with the "new" suggestions button)

Last edited by 4verse; 15/08/15 01:27 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
old hand
old hand
There's a serious founder's effect problem happening, where the first suggestions people made get upvoted and everything else gets ignored. I think as soon as Larian starts marking more of the suggestions (like "Tell Me More" on good but largely ignored suggestions), especially ones farther down the list, that will distribute at least some of the attention.

I do think uservoice might've been the wrong platform for how many suggestions showed up so quickly. Downvotes would've helped demonstrate which suggestions are most controversial, although it's usually pretty obvious based on the comments.

So how 'bout that adult mode, eh? Remember Larian, number one thing people want are blood, bitchin', and breasts. Not sad at all.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Why do you think BioWare flourished even if their game's quality plummet.

When your marketing for a RPG focusses more on the (gay) romances than RPG, something is wrong.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, DA:I's 8 possible romances is a bit much. One or two would be okay in D:OS2, especially if the characters are going to be pretty detailed anyway. Romance is a part of a ROLE-PLAYING game after all. RPG doesn't just mean a combat simulator with stats. I don't really care romance options in a video game one way or another, but a little bit of it hardly ruins a game. And yeesh, it hardly matters if they're gay/bisexual.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard