Print Thread
G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Hello,

i played the game a long time ago and some things fu**ed my up so i stopped playing
would like to ask if there are "fixed" in some way

1. casting a spell when clicking the spellbar. when i have a spell allready selected, i would like to just switch the spell, when clicking on a new spell on the spellbar.. not to cast the spell on the place under my UI Interface...

2. infos about debuffs and buffs
when a npc has a buff or a debuff, can i "look" the target to i can move my mouse over the buff tho read the description ?
or how to get detailed infos about enemy buffs ?
(i know about ctrl while mouseover..., i mean the buffs)

Support
Support

The first has been fixed. You can use Esc or right click to cancel a spell selection.

I think you can mouse over the debuff icons to get details, but don't recall the details (have not played much since the last couple updates).

G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
For the first,thats not a fix, thats a workaround... your answer means to me that it is still possible

How do i lock the enemy infos ? When i leave the mouse from the enemy icon in the fightingrow the details with the buff are not shown, so i can't hold the mouse over the debuff

Support
Support

No, when I said it was fixed I meant it was fixed. Not being able to cast through the skill bar doesn't mean you can cancel a skill by selecting a different one, so I added information on that.

AFAIK you can can not lock the info in place.

G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
I played the game today, steamversion with latest patch.

I click on a spell in my spellbar, and want to change the spell now with clicking on another spell. Now i' casting the spell on the ground under my spellbar... what is fixed here ? Nothing... same like beta....
So what is fixed here ? Absolute nothing ? Do you play the game ? Then you would realize that you try some spells while fighting, for range checking and a lot other reasons.
Why should i cast a spell "under" my spellbar, through my Interface... thats simple a designer fault, thinks like that happen, when people never "use" what they create...

When i can not lock a enemy, then tell my how can i mouseover his debuffs or buffs ?

Last edited by Garog; 16/08/15 11:48 AM.
Support
Support

You can not switch spells by clicking on a different one; you have to cancel first.

What spells? I checked several in a new game and could not cast them under the skill bar.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Raze

You can not switch spells by clicking on a different one; you have to cancel first.

This behaviur buged me a lot too.
Natural behaviur:
Mouse over a spell
Click the spell
Mouse over another spell
Realize that the second one suits better
Click on the second one
--------------------
Fail - it casts

Recomended behaviur:
Once my mouse hover the quick bar, the spell/skill should ALWAYS be selected by Left Mouse Button. Dosnt matter if something is selected or not.
Your Suggested operation like :
click to select - press Esc to deselect - click another button to select --- >sounds like from 80's.

Raze > Would you be so kind and manage to fix controls (in EEdtion) to modern smart style.
Thank you.

Last edited by gGeo; 17/08/15 02:29 PM.
G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G

What spells? I checked several in a new game and could not cast them under the skill bar.

And why do i need to cancel first ?? what did you think WHY i click on another spell hm.. ??

Funny, you can't switch the spell by clicking a new one but you can drink potions...

I uploaded a little video to youtube. Casting different spells while in and out combat.
Gameversion is 1.0.252.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuuC_vAMRiA
Now, please, tell me, what is fixed here ?
btw you see the bug with the potion in the video ?
the first click with the firecast casted the spell
the next try with the poison spell, spell canceled and character drinks the potion... it's a feature not a bug isn't it wink

Next video is about the buffs/debuffs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJurJwxYO8Y
Please tell my how to get the info from "Unterkuehlt" from the Spiderqueen...

(btw.. really.. no utf website.. umlauts not working on this forum.. hell...

Last edited by Garog; 20/08/15 06:27 PM.
G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by gGeo

This behaviur buged me a lot too.
Natural behaviur:
Mouse over a spell
Click the spell
Mouse over another spell
Realize that the second one suits better
Click on the second one
--------------------
Fail - it casts

thanks.. this shows me that YOU play the game...!

Support
Support

Of course it is a bug. It was partly fixed in one of the latest patches. I haven't played much in the latest version, so, as I already said, I started a new game, tried several spells and IIRC a scroll, could not cast them under the skill bar, and assumed it was fixed in general.
Asking which skills were still behaving like that was curiosity, not meant as some kind of challenge.

G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
How to report the problems to a larian dev that they work on it ?

I think you can't get the buff/debuff info too ?

Support
Support

For D:OS these issues were already reported (as well as some skills not being fixed after the initial update, but I couldn't remember before if that was the in latest update or the one before that). Any further updates are very unlikely.

For the EE, the UI and input system has been updated, and there have been changes to the skill system, as well as individual skills removed, modified or added.

G
Garog Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
In short
It's bugged for a long time and there is no way to get the info from the buffs/debuffs

very sad smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard