Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#569847 30/09/15 01:39 AM
OP Offline
The first version of my Lost Isles module is now available. It's not perfect - there are a few companion-related bugs - but it's mostly complete and playable now. Feel free to leave comments and feedback about the module below. Special thanks to the modding community for helping me pull this together as I'm not much of a programmer laugh.

Steam Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523994027.

NexusMod Download: www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/64/

[Linked Image]

Lost Isles is a traditional RPG for 1 or 2 players. It's about 2 hours long, with minor replayability factoring in since your choices will alter the fates of some NPCs. The module's main focus is on story, character, and level design, since those are my areas of specialty. The game features two-player co-op mode, companions, 2-6 character parties, dual dialog, and one different scenario for player 1 and player 2.

[Linked Image]

About me: I've been developing video game modules ever since the release of RPG Maker 2000. In my spare time I'm either writing or gaming. I've worked by myself, in interdisciplinary university groups, and alongside professionals at BioWare. I love small-scale multiplayer roleplaying games like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and have been waiting against all odds for a toolset like Aurora to come out again with hopes of creating a small multiplayer role-playing server. If you want to know more about me simply visit my website at RayneSaikoro.com or add me on Steam if you're into game design. GL HF smile

[Linked Image]

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgPi_A3Pl0
Playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6eAR8nx-Qk

Last edited by JecklynHyde; 04/11/15 03:43 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hi! Happy to finally see a new usermade mod here smile

Now, please upload to DOS Nexus or any other place you prefer but Steam. I dont use it and i really want to try this, looks interesting.

I will give you feedback if i can.

Cheers.

PS: Everything is BETTER with pirates!

old hand
old hand
Congratulations!

I was going to ask for the same thing as RiiJ. I'm using GOG instead of Steam and it would be nice to have a non-steam link.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
M
M
Congratulation, I'm giving it a try right now.

OP Offline
Sure! I will add a few non-Steam links tonight if I have time.

OP Offline
Nexus mods is asking for a readme regarding installation of the module file. Does anyone have any idea what steps I should include? I've only used Steam for downloading mods so far and that's as simple as subscribing to the mod. Thanks~

stranger
stranger
Its simple as copying the .pak file into the Data folder. Write that down and i think youre good to go.

Support
Support

I guess you just need to include where to put the file, and how to activate it in the game.
If you are distributing the mod as a zipped pak file, it would need to be unzipped into the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods' folder. If you zip the mod folder with the uncompressed files, it would go in the '..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods' install folder.

OP Offline
Thanks! And sorry for the slow reply. My module release happened to coincide with a holiday abroad so I ended up having to leave before I finished uploading to the other sites. I'll try to upload the mod on the alternate sites over the next few days though.

OP Offline
Can someone explain the steps I need to take in order to create a file for the Nexus? I have one game file under Mods and another game file under Editor. I need to take one of these and run it through a zip program? Does it matter which?

OP Offline
Uploaded my module to NexusMods about a week ago but they still haven't verified it: http://www.nexusmods.com/games/mods/1/?&selected_game=1114

Anyone have any idea how long verification takes?

old hand
old hand
Pretty sure that's something you do. There's an option in the admin settings. I think it's called publish but it's something like that.

OP Offline
Okay, I got the file to work on NexusMods (finally!!). I had to create a file through the D:OS page rather than from the main page. #noobmistakes. Oh well.

Download Lost Isles here: www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/64/

Sorry for the wait and let me know if you have any problems downloading the file. I probably accidentally uploaded a picture of my bird instead of the mod, knowing my luck. smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi,

for which version for the game is this mod? Tried to install it but didn't get it to work.
So far i've tried with both release and the patched version. However, i couldn't find the mod folder anywhere, tried to make it myself in the data folder, but no succes. I got it from gog if that makes any difference

old hand
old hand
The Pak file goes in My Documents>Divinity Original Sin>Mods

In case it wasn't clear, this mod is for the original version of D:OS and not the Enhanced edition. I believe it's 1.0.252.

Last edited by SniperHF; 15/12/15 08:44 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Yes i know.

However, on both versions of the original divinity (pre and post patch), i can't find a mod folder, only a data folder in program files. The user path only has the dlc and player profile folders. Tried making a mod folder in both, but nothing shows up in the mod section ingame. Does it maybe have anything to do with it being the GOG version?

old hand
old hand
No, it works in the GOG version fine. I use the GOG version.

Are you calling the folder "mod", or "mods"? It should be the latter. And they definitely go in the user data folder, not the program files folders.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hmm strange...

I got following folders: documents> larian studios> divinity original sin
In that divinity folder i got a DLC and a player profile folder, no data folder. So i added a folder in the divinity folder called 'Mods' and placed the pak file in there. So far no succes though.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Okay fixed it. Apparently my version was still one patch down, thanks for the help though!

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Hey JecklynHyde,

Just wanted to say that your mod really looks great!
Good job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard