Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
addict
A bad game !

Wait, that's not what I want.

Still it's not gonna happen... Probably laugh

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
N
old hand
old hand
N
For me, it would be self generated quests. According to what the npcs need or want, they would auto generate some quests for the players to complete. I would love to see that in a rpg some day.

Last edited by Nyanko; 07/10/15 07:06 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BoTToX
Yeha, destructible environments would be great !!!

This reminds me of the N64 game blast corps.
You had to destroy buildings with all kind of vehicles.
It was really fun.

I played the game together with a friend. One level had the goal "destroy all targets". You had to do it in 45 seconds to get the best rating. I sat in front of the TV, the controller in my hand and I always said: "45 sec, 45sec, 45sec, . . ."
This way we developed our motto: "He had the time record in his face and destroyed all targets."
Well we are german so it was "Er hatte den Zeitrekord im Gesicht und zerst?te alle Ziele."
I always remember this sentence and I have to laugh when I do.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Brys Beddict
Complete voice acting. It's one of the main reasons I am looking forward to D:OS EE.

I'd hate that. VA is what restricted the narrative in games for more than a decade now...

Well, I am a fan of VA. Especially after Dragon Commander.

God save our Queen Char!

My favorite combo: Shackles of Pain + Charm + Whip ;-)
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
A bad game !

Wait, that's not what I want.

Still it's not gonna happen... Probably laugh

hahaha, nice one!

old hand
old hand
A very well balanced game, with a clean concise storyline, with a UI that is slick, where each move is focused on "How can I do this in one click?" and if not possible, two.

I think we'll get a fair try at all, but my guess is each can always be better. The secret juju is in UI design.

addict
addict
The World of Lariancraft ;-)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
enthusiast
enthusiast
total interactive environment in turn based combats together with more moving (jump acrobat fly) skills:
e.g. click tree branch and character jumps up part of tree climbs rest of it / or falls to lure there for next round to jump attack (or you saved enough AP to even do everything in the same round)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Customization for the PC that's more than just hairstyle, and potentially the face. I'd really like some more body types like 'skinny', 'muscular', 'large', that really define how my character looks (like how it was in Beyond Divinity).

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yeah, I wished they would do it the Skyrim way and make your gear adjust to the body instead of making completely new gear for everybody type, which is the reason why we aren't gonna get it frown

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Tiggerdyret
Yeah, I wished they would do it the Skyrim way and make your gear adjust to the body instead of making completely new gear for everybody type, which is the reason why we aren't gonna get it frown

Ah, that brings back memories. D: It was especially fun having to do the two meshes before Blender had a working Skyrim export facility.

Still, it was less fuss than modding the armour in Ego Draconis, considering it wasn't properly supported by anything much. But being the bloody-minded type, I still managed to get it working. I think I viewed it as a challenge and it's not something I'm in any hurry to repeat! It wasn't just the lack of modding tools, having to do three meshes (different numbers of vertices depending on draw distance) also added to the fun.

Excuse my inane whittering, I'm half asleep today.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
I do not think we will get it but I still have hopes.

- really interesting companions (like in PST or MotB)
I had an idea. Near the beginning of the game you meet somebody. He is strong, good looking and nice. When you let him join your party, he will help you to find other sourcerers and to evade the divine order several times. Then he leads you to a location.
There many soldiers of the divine order await you and he tells you that he is the grand inquisitor who uses this body via some remote mind control. All the sourceres that you found have been purged and now you will be executed because you know too much. When the fight is over, the spirit of the inquisitor has left the body and all that remains is a person with no memory or personality at all.

If you choose to take him along, you can become his teacher:
- You can teach him to be a good person. When you have done this enough, he will complain when you steal something and he will leave the group when you start a genocide.
- You can teach him to be evil. He will get powerful source magic. He will complain if you help others and if you are not careful he might try to backstab you and run off with your money.
- something in between.
- You become the new lord of betrayal. (hallo Kreia wave ). You lie to him, blackmail him or torture him to make him your slave. If you are good (well, i mean really evil devil ) he will jump into a pit of fire when you say so, and he believes he wants it himself. Maybe you can sacrifice him to a demon lord to get power.

I fear I have to wait for torment (the game) until I get something like this.

Last edited by Madscientist; 08/10/15 10:22 AM.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hehe, your idea fits your name wink

old hand
old hand
A moveable/lockable camera to play from any perspective we like. Also with driving keybinds.

S
veteran
veteran
S
A city/colony building mechanic, with 4X elements built around the multiplayer questing idea. With a focus on having opponents that will actually do stuff of their own.

Essentialy, you settle in some wild teritory, and slowly build up a little town. There was a game that did that called Hinterlands. sadly it did nothing else and as a result wasnt all that great.

Additionally, i would propose having rivals, maybe a local empire or the divine order, activeley trying to invade your territory, build outposts of your own that you can raid. Stuff like that.

Thats the stuff dreams are made from. And thats why it wont happen.

On a secondary note:

The Hall of Echos looking like something out of Kill Six Billion Demons

veteran
veteran
I'd like a sci-fi first-person-shooter section in D:OS 2. Sure, it's a completely different genre, but that hasn't stopped anyone else.

veteran
veteran
I want to eat the soul of people who are still alive. (like MotB)
Well, at least they are alive until I do it, maybe they are zombies afterwards (= bodies without soul)

S
veteran
veteran
S
Originally Posted by Madscientist
I want to eat the soul of people who are still alive. (like MotB)
Well, at least they are alive until I do it, maybe they are zombies afterwards (= bodies without soul)

i think thats a skill that they showed is in the game.

addict
addict
I think we can only eat souls of the already deceased but maybe I missed something =)

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
S
veteran
veteran
S
afaik there is a skill that consumes a source point that rips out someones soul and the body becomes a zombie or something.

pretty sure that was a skill that could be seen on the skill bar in one of the videos.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard