Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
L
stranger
stranger
L
I am currently experiencing the same problem as the above posters.

You can download my latest savefile from: Download

Thank you!

Last edited by vometia; 20/10/18 01:18 PM. Reason: formatting
Draba #650599 23/10/18 02:16 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
From my playing around with the tool that error seems to only effect the xml variants of the files so if you use lsj as the extension it will give you a working json formatted version. Though I may be wrong haven't fully tested yet.

Draba #650606 23/10/18 08:29 AM
N
addict
addict
N

Draba #651670 31/01/19 12:38 AM
stranger
stranger
Hello. Can you help me to recpec lone wolf talent?

Draba #652391 09/04/19 10:19 PM
stranger
stranger
Is it safe, change character name?

Draba #652537 06/05/19 05:49 AM
stranger
stranger
hello, this is a great mod! i can unpack .pak files with no problem, but when i try to convert a .GR2 into .dae im greeted by this error; ohno
im trying to customize the colours of a head model but when i recolour the .dds BM texture, repack all the files and add it to the Mods folder all female elf heads turn invisible :(( i have no idea what is going wrong so i'd appreciate it immensely if anyone had tips on how i could go about this!!

Draba #652548 08/05/19 05:29 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There are a few meshes that the unpacker struggles with; all you can do with them is to not attempt to convert them back and forth with DAE files but they should repack okay in their unaltered GR2 format.

I'm curious about you needing the mesh to customise the colours though: you just need to alter the relevant DDS files for that. You also don't need to repack the stuff for your WIP mod to make it show up in game, though you do need to add or update the texture definition in the modding engine with the correct path to your mod directory as it tends to use the default path by, er, default.

And this may simply be down to my own inexpertise, but don't try to create a new PBR: I've never managed to get them to work as intended. Modify or copy an existing one that is "close enough" but don't try to update its path, and just apply any new texture GUIDs to the relevant record in the modding engine instead.

J'aime le fromage.
Draba #652847 12/06/19 01:59 AM
stranger
stranger
I guess im not really sure what this is, but im trying to export some models to view in a program like 3d viewer or 3d builder in order to 3d print my sons character for his birthday. Exporting the model from the divinity 2 engine as a wavefront Obj seems to be the only option, and when I do that, nothing happens and I cant see the model at all or import to these programs for some reason. Is there a way to convert the file or more easily view somehow?

Draba #652853 12/06/19 09:07 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The files are in GR2 format but the export tool can convert them into DAE which e.g. Blender can then import and export with the appropriate plugin (I'm afraid I'm not the best person to advise where to find Blender stuff let alone anything else!) I've done a fair bit of (admittedly amateurish) modelling admittedly in DOS2 but DOS should be as well supported, I think.

J'aime le fromage.
Draba #653001 16/06/19 12:31 PM
stranger
stranger
Maybe someone knows what should I fix in my savefile to remove the deal with the doctor I accidentally made?

I found this in my savefile but I have no idea what should I put in as a value.

<node id="IdentifierTable">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ARX_TheDoctor_PactSealed" type="22" />
<attribute id="MapValue" value="9421" type="4" />
</node>

Draba #653006 16/06/19 04:18 PM
N
addict
addict
N
@Gravehowl As mentioned above, the extractor can only convert between GR2 and DAE (Collada). Blender (and many other tools) support Collada import/export natively, and can also export .OBJ for you.

@darthslider Story variables are not visible in text format in globals.lsx; they're encoded in binary blobs. There are currently no tools that allow editing these flags.

stranger
stranger
Looks like I doomed to never get an ending I want to have.
Thanks for the info smile

Draba #655615 18/09/19 10:59 PM
stranger
stranger
Since the last update, saves extracted from their LSVs and then re-packaged come up with the following alert when loaded:
"Warning! The savegame has detected tampering or corruption. It is strongly advised you do not continue on this savegame."

I've tested, and this occurs even if you make no changes to the files inside the LSV, just extract then re-package.

Do you have any advice on how to resolve this, or should I just ignore the alert?

Jekht7 #655634 19/09/19 07:36 AM
Support
Support

You do not need to re-package the extracted save; the game can load it from a folder. Of course if you make changes to any of the files, it should be the re-packaging process that updates the checksum value in the save data, so it does not trigger the tampering or corruption warning. Once that check fails, a flag is set in the save, so any saves made after that point will always give this warning when loaded.

Draba #656379 24/10/19 01:43 AM
stranger
stranger
Alrighty, question time.

So the first time I went and edited my save, it went off without a hitch (other than me having no idea how to read the code at first, that is). I was able to edit whatever I liked, and I repackaged it and sent it on its merry way. I didn't get the "this file has been tampered with" message the first time, but every subsequent time I've tried to edit the save the message has appeared. I even tried putting the files in the folder before repackaging them (the globals.lsf, levelcache, etc) and it still detected the tampering.

My questions are: Is there something I'm missing, and is there a way to subvert detection? If not, will the fact that my file has been tampered with affect my game in the future (i.e. achievements, gameplay, etc)?

Also it's worth noting that the first time I edited a save was about a week ago, and I'm using the most current version of the editor.

Draba #656381 24/10/19 08:12 AM
Support
Support

For an Enhanced Edition save, try making a change in the save game editor, to see if that will update the checksum value in the save (meta.lsf file IIRC), so it matches the save data.

There wouldn't be any negative consequences later in the game. However, if the checksum value calculated when loading a save doesn't match the version in the save itself (triggering the tampering or corruption error), a flag is set so any saves made after that point will always give this warning.

Depending on what you are editing in the save, you may be able to do the same with CheatEngine, and avoid having to extract and repackage the save.
For the install you would either need to uncheck some extra 'offers', or install it while offline. There is also a no-install rar file on the downloads page. If you don't already have an archive manager that can handle rar files, try the freeware 7-Zip.

Here is a CheatEngine table I downloaded from this topic (broken link) when it was still available. It wasn't updated for the latest version of the game, but works for what I've tried with it (adjusting abilities and talents, and I tried god mode once to retrieve a quest item from lava).
Also, I have not used this with the latest version of CheatEngine; there probably will not be any compatibility issues, but if so this is the older version I last used the table with.

Start the game and load a save, open the table (I just extracted it into the CheatEngine install folder), click the 'Select a process to open' button at the top left (highlighted with a flashing box cycling between red and green), select EoCApp.exe (preceded by a hex number, ie 00001FD0-EoCApp.exe) and click the Open button and then Yes. In the bottom list there are options for unlimited health, unlimited action points, etc. I believe they should take effect immediately.
For character edits, select Hero Pointers, then go through Hero 1 to 4 to identify the right character. There is an 'Upgrade Points' section where you can add attribute, ability and talent points, and sections for each of those where you can remove/adjust values. Double click the value to change, and when you are done, switch back to the game to save/load. Character changes require a save/load to get them to show up in-game.

If you can not select the boxes at the bottom in CheatEngine, exit the program and the game and start over. That happened to me a couple times. There may be an easier fix, but I haven't used CheatEngine enough to bother trying anything else.

Draba #656387 24/10/19 06:09 PM
stranger
stranger
I'm not sure if I missed something, and this is a DOS 1 thread, but I'm currently using DOS 2 Definitive. I'm not sure if it's supported by CheatEngine, but I'm going through the process of learning it nonetheless in case it is supported.

Support
Support

Someone did make a CheatEngine table for D:OS 2 DE, but the copy I have is from a year ago, and at the time it was out of date. A quick search now didn't turn up anything newer.

Draba #662011 06/03/20 02:30 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Greetings Norbyte,

I hope you're well and still around here.

I'd have one question on converting GR2 files (using the latest v.1.14.0 of the converter tool, though it's similar in older versions, as far as I see):

I noticed that converting GR2 files to dae and back (without changes) produces a difference in file size between the original GR2 and the re-converted GR2 file. Sometimes the converted file is a bit smaller (like 'Player_Male_Attack_01.GR2' from originally 93 KB to 76 KB), sometimes significantly larger (like 'Player_Male_Skill_16_Start.GR2' from originally 68 KB to 147 KB).

The animations seem to work fine in game or editor, I just wondered where these differences come from and if larger file sizes (like double the size) might have any relevant effect on performance in game (assumed a lot of the original animations are replaced with converted ones).

Thanks in advance!

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Draba #662116 06/03/20 07:14 PM
N
addict
addict
N
Hi,

I am well, thanks for asking, though I've moved over to the Larian Discord (and other modding-related servers).

There are quite a few things that affect GR2 size, and depending on the original Maya exporter settings the re-export may either be smaller or larger.
- Index buffer format - some older DOS1 models use 32-bit vertex indices, newer ones use 16-bit, which is half the size
- Vertex format - newer versions use QTangents instead of separate normal/tangent/binormal, which is 16 bytes per vertex instead of 48.
- Oodle1 compression is currently not supported when saving (only when loading), so exported files may be larger because of this
- Animation curve compression is only partially supported

In theory these should not affect the animation too much.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard