Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Im having a problem with certain sound effects. Like footstep noise, attack noises etc. They just don't play and will cut out. Voices still work but sound effects for various things keep cutting out.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have the same problem, it's really annoying and the only way I know how to fix it is by quitting the game completely and starting it back up again. :/

S
stranger
stranger
S
I also have this issue when playing on my PS4 version. I tried it with my Xbox One version and PC version (yes I am that much of a fan of this game that I bought all 3 and the dlc you have to pay for as well). The Xbox One version and PC versions work fantastically with no sound issues so it has to be something about the PS4 version. The first time I noticed it happening was when the mortician in cyceal saw me sneak into his back room by accident and when the battle triggered, the sound effects just stopped working for everything. I tried reloading my game (from in game) and the sound effects were still muted. I, then, restarted the game and it fixed it but it only fixed it for a little while before happening again. Not game breaking by any means but it is quite an annoyance. I'll just play it on my Xbox One until there is a hot fix. I expected bugs since this is a MAJOR enhancement to the game. Keep up the good work Larian Studios :)

Last edited by Se7en717; 31/10/15 06:53 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I'm also getting this issue. Anyone have any fixes besides quitting and restarting the game? I tried to turn the sound effects off and on but that didn't work.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi I have this issue too. It occurs a few minutes after loading the game as soon as I load a new area.
Restarting the game fix it but it can happen again randomly (or it appears random).
Any chance of a patch coming soon ?

Thx for this great rpg anyway.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Not sure if I fixed it but I changed my PS4 audio settings from PCM to Dolby Digital and it hasn't messed up since. Still too early to tell if that works or not. Might be worth a try for anyone here who has the issue.

apprentice
apprentice
Funny thing is, I'm getting the same thing on the PC version, especially in the snow area. I either have to quit the game or go into audio and slightly adjust the level for whatever sound I've lost, then it comes back. It's only certain channels (sound effects, music, ambient noise, etc.) and not all sounds at once.

Last edited by Quaxo; 05/11/15 06:33 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Looks like the Dolby Digital switch didn't work. Eventually got the bug again. It's only happening in the FX channel though. All the other audio channels work perfectly fine. It also only seems to happen when I go to a new area.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Did you fixed this in the 1.02 version ? I played 2 hours post patch without experiencing it.

stranger
stranger
I've been having this issue nonstop on the Digital Enhanced Version on PS4. I've even turned all music completely off leaving nothing but ambient and FX and its still muted.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm having this same issue. All sound except music and dialog cuts out. It happens when I load into a new area. If I'm in a house and take the stairs when I load into the next floor I'll have no footsteps, combat sounds or menu sounds. The only way to fix it is to completely close the application and restart.

I feel like I can't enjoy the game until this is fixed 😞

O
stranger
stranger
O
I've had this happen a few times randomly, but only since installing Patch 1.05.

If I zoom right in to max closeness, I can hear game sound, but no music. Then I zoom all the way out and sound and music return to normal. Weird.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm having the same problem. I'm playing the Enhanced Editon on PS4. Why did not the larian studio fix this problem? Does the larian studio care about the players of ther games? Does the larian studio care about the players of ther games?

This topic is open since November/2015. Until now the problem has not been resolved...

Support
Support

This issue affects the PC version, as well. The issue was fixed internally, but there wasn't another patch released after that, on PC or console.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Raze, why Larian Studios don´t release a patch to solve the problem?

I love the game but the sound problem impact negatively on overall experience.

Support
Support

There were a couple things that could have been fixed in another update, but at some point, the severity of remaining issues has to be weighed against the time and effort for another patch to be made and tested, and the risk of introducing new problems. The console version also has additional processes required to release a patch, with the publisher having to approve it and deal with Sony and Microsoft.

At the time, it was also only happening intermittently for QA, and initially looked like it primarily affected specific regions (Hiberheim and a couple places in Luculla). That made it harder to track down the problem. Eventually QA found a way to reproduce it from a particular save, and it could be fixed, but not before the last patch was released.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I have the same proplems ? Did you make a Update ? , but First make sin 2 ready hehe

M
stranger
stranger
M
Raze, I don´t think Larian Studio make the right decision by not releasing a patch to solve the sound problem.
I'm playing the game and I think it's not a minor problem. I even thought about stopping playing the game because of that.
I hope that at Diviniy 2 the Larian Studio has more concern with the players of all the platforms and do not leave problems like this without solution.

Last edited by Murakamo; 25/06/18 12:48 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard