Print Thread
N
Naku Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hello

Im playing DOS EE coop with my friend and we encountered a bug with npc dialogue.

When my character (im host) starts conversation with NPC and dialogue windows appears, my friend cannot join/hear conversation. He clicks ear icon above NPC or my character and nothing happens. On the other hand when he starts dialogue i can join it without any problem.

Experienced this bug when talking to different NPC in market squere in first city. (shopkeepers, thief)

Pleas fix it guys.

We're using GOG version 2.0.99.113

Last edited by Naku; 30/10/15 09:58 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
My fiance and I just encountered this exact same problem while playing. He could join conversations fine until we got to the harbor and began having conversations with the townsfolk. I tried it without him in the game and I had the same issue. My character can join his character's conversations, but his can't join mine whether we're coop or I have it loaded without him in the game.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.

N
Naku Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
[quote]My fiance and I just encountered this exact same problem while playing. He could join conversations fine until we got to the harbor and began having conversations with the townsfolk. I tried it without him in the game and I had the same issue. My character can join his character's conversations, but his can't join mine whether we're coop or I have it loaded without him in the game.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Did you tested it outside of town? Maybe this happens only there?

At the moment we're not playing becouse of this bug, waiting for a fix.

Last edited by Naku; 01/11/15 10:44 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Same here. After 13h into the game i can't join as client to my hosts conversations anymore. Tried to restart PC, reloaded a couple of savegames, changed zones, changed characteres. Still same issue on second character :(

L
stranger
stranger
L
We got really lucky and managed to get it working again. We let steam run a check on the files (said they were fine), he turned off sync, and somehow it started working again. Don't know if it was dumb luck or if something actually fixed itself but worth a try. I'll post again if we run into the issue again. Right now, we've gotten another issue with Victoria not having a book we need to have for the zone we just went into.

I never remember having any of these issues with D:OS.

apprentice
apprentice
My friend and I had this same problem the other day on the Cyseal map. Problem cleared itself after a while, but it was still annoying.

Even after swapping main characters with her, she could then have conversations with my character and I could not listen in with hers.

Last edited by Quaxo; 05/11/15 07:52 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard