Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
It seems victoria's inventory is also set to change upon level up and so the need faery language book has disappered any word of a fix soon? would like it before I go kill borea :D

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Yep, missing for me, too frown

journeyman
journeyman
Same here...

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Was just about to make a post. Yes, it's missing for me as well.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Same here. Kinda problematic...

N
Nii Offline
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by akuratheunseen
It seems victoria's inventory is also set to change upon level up and so the need faery language book has disappered any word of a fix soon? would like it before I go kill borea laugh

Book doesn't show up for me either, also Teller of Secret's books vanished from her inventory, only maps there now. There was 2 books earlier.

Last edited by Vometia; 04/11/15 06:33 AM. Reason: formatting
addict
addict
same here. book is gone. i did not buy it early in the game b/c of the price, now she does not have it any longer :-(

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
L
stranger
stranger
L
She doesn't have the book for me anymore either. I know she had it at the start when I first got to the town cause I looked for it. Since I just got to the town I was unabled to buy it, but made a mental note of it. I've checked her several times over the past couple of days (real time) and the book hasn't shown back up.

Anyone find a solution to this yet? This is going to be a problem when it comes time to open the treasure room area.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hopefully the devs will hotfix it soon. I'm pretty much in Nibelheim right now.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I just bought the book on my lone wolf playthrough and broke my bank doing so. I really hope they hot fix this soon since my fiance and I are going to be in Nibelheim very soon on our main playthrough. I have no idea why the book would disappear like that after you first talk to her.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by l3rokken4ngel
I just bought the book on my lone wolf playthrough and broke my bank doing so. I really hope they hot fix this soon since my fiance and I are going to be in Nibelheim very soon on our main playthrough. I have no idea why the book would disappear like that after you first talk to her.
I haven't encountered Victoria yet and don't know what the book is for but when I find her should I make sure to buy it immediately if I can afford it? How much is it without barter/charisma scores?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Crine
Originally Posted by l3rokken4ngel
I haven't encountered Victoria yet and don't know what the book is for but when I find her should I make sure to buy it immediately if I can afford it? How much is it without barter/charisma scores?

I noticed a price difference on the two playthroughs, but not sure what effected them. The first one (where I was stupid and didn't grab the book because I had so little gold) was around 1200. The second playthrough I paid around 952 I think it was. I would suggest stealing a few paintings around town and buying the book as quickly as you can - while you can.

I'm still trying to kill time before I head to the area where I need the book, but we'll probably be there later tonight or tomorrow. :\

Last edited by Vometia; 04/11/15 06:31 AM. Reason: formatting
veteran
veteran
I have the same problem.
And I even had the money when I visited her the first time.
But I did not buy it. I am such an idiot.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
L
stranger
stranger
L
I just wish I knew how good Larian was about responding to these sort of things. I never ran into any major bugs like this when I played the original. We're in the zone where we need it now and I'm not sure what we're going to do when we get there. I keep checking Victoria in hope. My fiance suggested trying to pickpocket her just to see... we'll give it a try but I doubt it's going to be there.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I am starring at a force field I can't enter because Larian released an Enhanced Edition that still has a well documented issue from the base game.

Needless to say I am annoyed, I didn't buy the book because I assumed they would have fixed it.

veteran
veteran
What do I miss if I do not have the book?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Chest loot at king boreas

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I am actually so irritated with this that it has put a halt to my playing of the game. Seriously, why isn't this issue that is over a year old not fixed yet?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard