Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#573786 02/11/15 10:22 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I runed into the world of Divine Divinity will full off head.
I like RPG-like PC games , and walkthroughed many of them.
So The warrior`s way is a way of my char in DivDiv - Kijhra The Wise One.
I have beed building my char like a honorly warrior , so - no stealling items in other good NPCs , no killing "innocent NPCs" etc, i.e. I am hadn`t steal the PAR-stones from the Merchant`s Guild .

Difficulty - HARD
Class - WARRIOR
Sex - Female .
STATS - 3 points per level - STRENGHT , 2 other points - AGILITY , CONSTITUTION , and 1 point speared once for INTELIGENCE , and 3 levels 27th, 28th, 29th lvl , was 2 points to the STR , and 2 to the AGI.

Weapons - HAMMERS, EXPERT .
the favorite hammer - DEATHBLOW (luckly found it at East of Rivertown.)

Skills and Stats at 29th lvl (after horible and painful wipeing of a -large- dungeon , exept last level with a somekind of the boss.... )

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Overall - gameplay is pretty hard, lot of enemies can beat out my char with a just one hit , but I`ma need to hitting them above one dozens succes hits (hitting chance is 56% frown ) .
Some of enemies is amazing hardones - STEEL LORDS (not easy ones STEEL LORDS with a ~400 HP , but hard ones witn a ~<2 000 HP ... and with a damage over 200 per hit. ) , that sons of preacher man is generate a LEGION OF FOES ...

But way of my hero started not there are , but in some North-East part of Rivertown - Aleroth , the healers village.
And I decided to clean up neiberhoods from the Orc , and equipedd with my first weapon - Worn Cugel stared to taking down the Orcs.. . some time late , I found a New Training Sword , that was a good one with a 14 damage points...

Light spoilers with a pictures.

And Orcs fells one by one , exept Orc Wardrummers. Whatever that was a hard fight... Boulder and the other throwing things a VERY useful vs Heavy orcs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Special Move has a good range , so my hero can hit-and-run .

[Linked Image]

Clearing sectors of map , one by one from all foes , and helping to the NPCs - solving all quests , my hero found some Inn, that was a lot of fun there are smile .

[Linked Image]

But my hero dont drink alchohol , anly water and milk , so taverns ceaper was some dissapoints about that smile .
After clearing ~70% of Rivertown (exept the Cursed Abbey , and Elite Orcs ... ) I travelled to the north city - Verdestis.
In Verdestis i found a LOT of very useful items like a Boots of Vampire. But for some items need a LOCKPICKING SKILL near 3 or 4 if u wonna get its. . with that boots I came back to the Aleroth`s Underground ...

In there I found a very tough one spider, the fight along a severals game days (approx 1.5 real hours) frown .
Neverless all foes is fells before might and honor :P .

[Linked Image]

After came back to Verdistis I found some strange things laugh .

[Linked Image]

After some -an epic- battle vs Orcs

[Linked Image]

, only some of them left alive , that is the Elite ones... in the South-South-East corner. but my hero not a poisoner! All Orc will fall not from poison Well but from hand of my hero and shis hammer ofc smile ,...

In the Cursed Abbey i founded some strange Helberd - that eating my STAMINA!

Unforunuately my hero had been need to lear one skill of Pickpocketting that is need for the resque some misreble NPC frown . And Verdestis has a lot of dengeruses , but it`s was no match fo` my hammer ..

[img]http://s25.postimg.org/txquldqj3/Divinity_45.jpg[/img]

In the Rivertown swers I founded some realy strange snake .. .

[img]http://s25.postimg.org/8pd63yc27/Divinity_46.jpg[/img]

So just I wiped out a LARGE dungeon with some UNREAL fights vs hard ones STEEL LORDS , and I founded somekind of a bug , if I using my Embrence Shadow Amulet near the STEEL LORD , sometimes it`s makes my hero a invisible and she can hit monsters from it , I killed 2 STEEL LORDS in that way , but it`s working very rarely frown and fair fight with hard STEEL LORD - it`s a very difficult and long quest...............

[img]http://s25.postimg.org/pr6061qxb/Divinity_53.jpg[/img]

So for now I AM near somekind of boss - CIRGON , and I hell not idea how to defat him :*( .... But maybe I`ll take care of him tommorow...

Any adwices how to make my game easy and with no spoilers, no stealling items , no killing innocents NPC , no rebilding char to the survivor etc , of course , will be applesure smile

P.S. With the steel leggins , my female hero is no nude now , so em`I is vary happy smile .

P.P.S Sorry fo my English.

To be continued....

veteran
veteran
Hi,

still playing DD, now level 16.
I go for one-handed swords through the whole adventure and try to find/buy many different swords each doing another extra kind of damage, like for example : poison dam(3), lightning dam(4), etc ...
I gonna pump the skill "Know Creature" up to level 5 so I can "see" the resistances of each monster so I can choose the best sword to kill them as fast as possible biggrin

Further on I go above all for "passive skills" ! At the moment I have only 3 active skills : the special move of the warrior (whirlwind), Lockpick and 1 point in Restoration (from Goemoe as quest-reward).

Passive skills invested in (so far):
Sword Expertise, Stun, Poison dam, Augment dam, Augment def, Alchemy, Know Creature, Enchant weapon, Survival Instinct ....

And bought myself a good Bastard Sword (in Rivertown) with good dam value.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yo .

Thanx for answer.

For first time I`ve thinking about sword , but changed my mind . So my hero is not swordmaster but warhammer master! Suddenly hammers is sux ... frown
with ~150 meele. damage vs ~250 meele that some of the monsters do it`s very hard especially with ~50% chance to miss...
So is a -very- helpful fo my char is a skills: Electric Damage , Fire Damamge , Spiritual Damage , Reflect Arrows (is a very good one!) , and Death Stike (instant killing - is a very good one!)
And yeah "Know Creature" - skill is pointless fo me, my damage is meele so I can`t change type of elemental damage , and don`t care about of weakneses of the my enemies for all it`s only one way to defeat them beating with DEATHBLOW warhammer laugh that only one weapon that I`ve using , exept some very easy arballet , but sometimes the arballet is only one way to defeat the monster .... frown .

But neverless before my hero fells the thousangs of an enemies. Hit-and-Run tactics rulezz ^_^ (if u have Elven Stamina... ) . And maybe poison is a good , but I will not use that things becoze it is a way of thug , but not the Warrior`s way .

CYRION, Verdestis swers , - some light spoiler with a pictures.

Hard boss in the some damned dungeons (with 3 -large- levels) is defeated at last .
It`s was a hard fight , Hit-and-Run , quick save , quickload ... Hit-and-Run , quick save , quickload ... Hit-and-Run , quick save , quickload ...

[Linked Image]

In the cave with a monster I founded some chest but I have no idead how to open it frown .

And yEAHH , Find Apollo`s friend is a fine one quest I spent lot of time searchin` arrount that stupid tombstones before I was found that -friend- laugh .

Under Verdestis was a hard fight vs some overpowered LIZZARD MAGES , they a pathetic mages but have a lot of HP , and do damage in close distance like hell, and of course if u move too far from them may had starting heal theyself !!!
So fo` now all swers , under Rivertown and under Verdestis is cleared out.
Hooorey! At least I`ve beated out in a fair fight that nasty boxxer in the hash of Inn! But my char after fight is dissapeared and soon appeared and again.. that was someking of bug but after quicksave-quickload that`s gone .

[Linked Image]

And at last I`ve bring back my teleporting pyramids!!!
Now I can easy take out my loot in the that damned dungeoun that I`ve speared in the chests when I`ve must cleared off that dungeon levels without pyramids...
After trading I have been riched for a > 100 000 of a gold , not bad smile .
Now I have no problems with a cash.

Verdestis swers.
I found there (North-North-East cornen) Last treasure map (first of it`s i founded in the some cave in Rivertown with - large - ammount of a spider many levels ago.. ) Where I`ve founded the second one , I don`t remember.
But hell no idea what I can do with that maps , perhaps I`ll solve that quest in someway.

Now way of my char leading to the Dark Forest...
That a dangerous place , with hard one LIZZARDS ;/ , and very hard SKELETONS frown .
So while I fight vs LIZZARDS I found someki`n of a VAULT,

[Linked Image]

Inside was a VERY HARD fight (even with my 34th level hero), that tooks out half of my potions frown . And for what ? For nothing (I took no gems or gold or anything from that damned vault.) exept someki`n of the Cap.. I hope that somekin` of a quest.

To be continued...

Defeated Orcs , Defeated Dragons Lizards , First killed Wyrm Rider , Elven Burial Grounds - some light spoilers without a pictures coz` my internet connection is crashed down so I can only text messaging , even simple JPG can`t to load up frown .

First defeated Wyrm Rider (Imp`s Deserted Castle) , - that foe was a pretty good in range fight , but Healing potions and maneuver and in the close fight that thing is pathethick.

Holy Weapon - that is a REALY good thing! I choose the Amulet and that was a very powerful amulet! All is need for me just carefuly read an instruction that I`ve founded in the Cursed Abbey...

Orcs of Rivertown fells before me like a straw. With that Holy Amulet my hero is kickass... Especially very good , when ORC ELITE CHIEFS (hard ones with a 3000+ HP) fells from one Death Strike ^_^. Orcs always was a hard ones for me , but not now smile .

In some Elven Sacred place , I`ve meet JOSEPHINE the Sorceress , fo` first time I thought that is a hard fight but after some Warriors Special Moves , little foes fells (and brought me a lot of expirience.. ^_^ ) , so JOSEPHINA alones vs my 36lvl hero is useless , and that was an easy one fight ( I`ve spent 2 Restoration Potions , 4 Super Restore. , and lot of Stamina Potions .. ) , of course My hero have a good lighting resistance...
Hardcore STEEL LORDS with their LEGIONS is in past.. The Hardly foes then Steel Lords , I`ve don`t saw for now.

And yeah Treasure Maps is so stupid ... I`ve spent a lot of time trying to find the second spider cave in the South of Dark Forest but that 3rd map was a just explaining thing for frist two , and NEED A 4th MAP that the stupid wall had to opened.... frown frown frown . 4th map is very hard to find , it is near the dwarves mine shaft entrance in the locked room .

To be continued . . .

Last edited by frostysh; 07/11/15 07:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Hi,

for you is Known Creature indeed not needed because you invest in lightning-, fire-, spiritual damage ... so your warhammer have always a chance to do some kind of special damage the enemy you're facing have a low resistance to that kind of damage ! A fat chance indeed wink
Thanks for the tip about death strike !
And next time I play (now level 20) I gonna check the skill Reflect Arrows, never used this skill before !

I go for two-handed swords also if I find a nice two-handed sword laugh !
Divine Divnity is so very addictive !! I almost can't believe myself I find every time a more fun way (for me) to play DD !! The same for Divnity II the Dragon Knight Saga (now level 36, doing part 2, Flames of Vengeance, great part with so many good quests!
I love doing quests, DD have also so many good quests & secrets/hidden things !

Initially I was planning to go for a playthrough in Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition (on steam, pc, now the EE version is out), but just read all the bugs that are still in, ... so I've more lust for playing DD or DKS :hihi: ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yo.

My damned internet connection is harrasing me ... frown

Divine Divinity The Game - is done fo me! At last.
Almost all monsters defeated , so in the end my hero have little above 50th lvl.
The Walkthrough of the game was a pretty chalenging (for a honest warrior without magy skills and the rouge skills , with hammers only and arbalest. etc.... ).

One Bee gave to me somekin` of the cheater`s skill - Command Aura , but after first try I`ma not used it.

So , exept Lockpicks , Enchants , etc. Some skills extremly useful too like a:
Refclect Missles ( is one of the most useful skill in the game for a warrior , suddenly that I realized it too late...) ,
Death Strike (very good vs Enhanced Orcs - Elite Chiefs , etc...), Heavens Blessing , Bless , magic Might - all bosters .
Warrior with Hammer in early game is almost useless , especially if u speared 3 points per level to the STR . frown - That was a REALY bad idea, and did lot of pain to me , coz LARGE amount of enemies before I`ve went to the some kind of deserst , was can kill my hero with just ONE hit , and my hero need to hit them several dozens times frown frown frown

But good that I readed the book about YIT-stones in the ARS MAGICANA . And speared slots in my favorite weapon for it.
So in the late game my hero (with 40% boost) have ~300 STR , 150+ AGI and becoze that fights was easy - of course I have a lot amount of potions especially Minor Restoration , and STAMINA.

The hardest oppounet of the whole games was the one Dark Wizzard deep under the Dwarwen Halls ... If not the lever , loocked door trick , maybe it was a VERY LONG AND PAINFUL fight... I feel good revange when I saw him again ...

In general , game is very good RPG , with some CONS of course .
Random items in the stores is an annoying stuff...
Dont read if u are Christian or if u are Muslim (especially if u`re muslim :O ) . !

And some stamps like good CRUSADERS , and bad ARABS frown .
What I want to say , I think that Holy Bible - is just a fairytale , Holy Couran - is just a fairytale too.

When in place where now is London was a just forest with wolfs , and somekin` of barberian-like tribes of humans , Baghdad has a Univercities , Schools , Hospitals , and somekin` of several hungred thousangs population.... And from Persian Empire Arabs have a lot of the Science thing!
But they also was rly sux , becoz` they was a sexists (of course before Reinessanse Europian folks was a sexists , pretty unjustice and barberic-like too), slavers etc.
And after 10th sentury , Arabs strarted to destroy all Science and turned to the way of madness - Ash`Arry ISLAM (before was a Mutuazilism - persian-style Islam) frown frown frown - So that was a fully theocratic and the stupidly hopeless way.... In 15th sentury Arabas Science and Technologies was no match, and looks pathetic before Europian Science and Technology .

But the CRUSADERS was a very bad too.... There are is a LOT of fact mass-CANIBALISM , GENOCIDE , mass-MURDERS etc. , that crusaders did... frown frown frown . And they was OUTNUMBERED vs the arab forces, and pretty pathetic and useless in the war (I mean their tactics and strategy) , if u ask me , Europe in that time was a very weak military power , more weak was only Russ` .
Most powerful and dangerous warriors was a Mongols (they always was are littlenumbered but they have a modern bitzcrieg-like tactics) , but mongols was a bad-guys , same as crusaders , they like mass-murders , genocide , slavery etc too .... frown frown frown . And have no good other thing exept millitary stuff.

So there was not and shiny knighs frown . They all was bad . But bad peoples is everywhere , and most of peoples is bad , and egoistic in all times, good peoples have a very big power of will , and they are littlenumbered ...

So conclusion - "Good shiny knights and justly feodals, mighty and hones crusaders thing , etc... " in the Divine Divinity is a no truly piece of scrap. . .

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard