Next Thread
Print Thread
#573858 03/11/15 09:25 AM
Linio Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi.

So I play with my friend and convinced her to take Hyperopia for her ranger, but I'm seeing now how much a bad idea that was... The talent reverse the long range / short range accuracy (or so it seems), and honestly, it's not much of a talent, the negative aspect seem to overwhelm the positive aspect. As far as I remember there's no way to reset a character before a while.

So my two questions would be this :

1) Is this talent really balanced?
2) Shouldn't we be able to reset our characters earlier in the game?

Linio #573860 03/11/15 09:49 AM
S
S
Not only is the trade-off not worth it, but the benefit is pretty worthless as well. Overall it's just a waste of a talent point.

Special arrows cannot miss. Skill shots cannot miss. You cannot miss a stunned/knocked down/petrified/frozen enemy. Between the three, the amount of time that accuracy comes into play should be negligable. Even then, you have access to Precision stance which costs NO AP and has no significant penalty if you use it once your ranger is already in a good position. If that's not enough, you can cast Farseer for 2ap and add another 50% accuracy, which can even be used alongside Power stance if you prefer it.

As far as being able to reroll earlier, I say be thankful you can do it at all. The fact that it's so cheap and easy to do really cheapens your class development in later game, like there's no commitment at all.

Last edited by Sotanaht; 03/11/15 09:50 AM.
Sotanaht #573872 03/11/15 10:33 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sotanaht
(list of arguments against Hyperopia)

Plus there's the issue (bug?) of how Perception affects Hit Chance with Hyperopia: At the default max range of 18.5m Chance to Hit is actually reduced by ~10-14%, while at melee range you gain only ~5%, so raising perception with that talent seems more like a penalty rather than a benefit.

So I guess that yes, the talent is currently broken.

Linio #573891 03/11/15 01:06 PM
Linio Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So are we supposed to scream and shout and let it all out? (...)

Linio #573898 03/11/15 01:42 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hyperopia currently seems bugged. Don't use it.

The higher perception you get, the worse your accuracy gets.

Luckmann #573924 03/11/15 04:43 PM
Linio Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Hyperopia currently seems bugged. Don't use it.

The higher perception you get, the worse your accuracy gets.

Yeah but that's my point, we took the damn thing, and now my friend hates me, and she does this mean/sad look...

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard