Next Thread
Print Thread
#575871 19/11/15 11:30 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
So i hear OS2 coming out in spring (saw it in some video, made me surprised cuz ks says december 2016) and there is still no console announcment? plz

enthusiast
enthusiast
What are you asking?

We won't know if there will be a console announcement until until we learn how successful D:OS:EE was on consoles regarding sales. If it did well, then we'll likely get an announcement that D:OS 2 will be on consoles. If it does poorly, we likely won't get that announcement ever.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
idk about sales, but it is currently top3 ps games after MGS5 and Witcher 3. it is an accomplishment for naturally PC game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/divinity-original-sin-enhanced-edition

Divinity Original Sin 2 is scheduled to be released December 2016. Any potential console ports won't be decided/announced in the near future.

addict
addict
My understanding is that Larian plans to design D:OS2 with controller support, but only with PC in mind at this stage. They have grand ideas for D:OS2 (including better modding) and they aren't sure if consoles will be able to be able to meet the needs of the game.

So if they add console versions, it will probably be late in the process.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
DOS2 is made with the same Editor (with improvement) that EE was made off. That means that it support controlers and everything. It also means that if Swen feels like doing DOS2 for consoles, all the structure will already be in place.
Swen told everyone that he'll wait to see if EE is doing good and see after.

You should have a read at this in fact:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/259483/A_PC_game_for_consoles_Remaking_Divinity_Original_Sin.php

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
hopefully it does do well, given it has made top3 best ps4 games. keep up great work.

stranger
stranger
I think it will come to consoles as well.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I love the console version of D:OS1. If Larian opened up a Kickstarter for a console version of D:OS2, I'd happily contribute.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We'll see if they make an announcement about it.

journeyman
journeyman
When they announced divinity I came here asking for a console versions and I got bashed for it, yet it released on console later and it's my favourite Xbox game so far.

Divinity 2 will come to consoles, I bet. I just hope this time they advertise the game properly

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by norD
DOS2 is made with the same Editor (with improvement) that EE was made off. That means that it support controlers and everything. It also means that if Swen feels like doing DOS2 for consoles, all the structure will already be in place.
Swen told everyone that he'll wait to see if EE is doing good and see after.

You should have a read at this in fact:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/259483/A_PC_game_for_consoles_Remaking_Divinity_Original_Sin.php

What a fantastic interview. This game studio is fantastic. Thanks for that link.

I really hope DOS 2 comes out for console.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard