apprentice
apprentice
D
Bard-asses.

Can you tell I'm a writer?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Madscientist
The secondvote has started and the summon master is leading at the moment.

I chose the bard (again). We already have tons of summons.

That was my thinking of well. The bard seemed like the most interesting that wasn't simply an extension of what you can already do.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
N
old hand
old hand
N
Dang I voted for unarmed combatant only to find it isn't going to win.

If I known I would have voted for Master Summoner since that three is going to be interesting (and I summoned a lot in the previous game as it is)

Though I will say one of the major reasons I suddenly disliked Bard was the Song that covers everything in Bacon Grease. :P

Also I know it is a joke but the vote comes off as very disingenuous when you basically tell people what to vote for and everyone does. I honestly wonder if bard got so many votes on its own merits.

Originally Posted by Windemere
The bard seemed like the most interesting that wasn't simply an extension of what you can already do.

No, it is pretty much that.

It is a tree that takes all the buffs, debuffs, and Area Denials that is already in other trees and keeps it for itself.

While Master Summoner takes summons and creates a whole new tree based off of manipulating them in new ways. Of which the only thing we had previously is "Destroy summon".

Last edited by Neonivek; 10/02/16 07:47 PM.
Originally Posted by norD
VOTE FOR BARD!

We need bad ass bards. laugh

Trust me when I say you really, really don't want me to sing.

stranger
stranger
For the first poll, we got Polymorph. For the second, we might get Summoning Master. I'm sure there is a recovery plan for bards if they don't make it. Bard Summoning or Bard Polymorphing would be so bard-ass !

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by gbnf
Originally Posted by norD
VOTE FOR BARD!

We need bad ass bards. laugh

Trust me when I say you really, really don't want me to sing.

This can be really useful in combat if you are as awful as you say !

TBH, I did and do not like this "vote a skilltree" thing.

Especially a lot of stuff promoted in "summoning mastery" for example is extremely meta, and actually a must even without that "goal". For example the single->multiple summons trait/perk/spell, that already was a insufficiency in D:OS no other path had. There was no "you can only cast 1 fire spell each round" or something similar.

So making that optional was, imho, actually a bad decision. Unless it meant to be done anyway, which on the other hand, would make the choice pointless. So yeah... not a good idea, imho.

That's btw why I voted for most interest in the modding tools. Already wanted to dig into it with the EE but... well, ya know, quite some shortage there reagrding that. ^^

Think for yourself! Or others will do it...
K
stranger
stranger
K
Now I almost want there to be a talent for being able to sing, and depending on whether you have it or not, Bard Skills switch from a supporting nature to a damaging one.

No matter what, Bard has my support, anyways!

P
stranger
stranger
P
I wish I could back to throw in my vote. RIP Unarmed Combatant. :(

S
veteran
veteran
S
Yet another mage!
I was hoping we were getting unarmed fighter or alchemist (my vote) but no, more mages! Like there arent enaugh bloody mages already.

Well fine, Summoning Master better be straight up Pokemans then!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Sordak
Yet another mage!
I was hoping we were getting unarmed fighter or alchemist (my vote) but no, more mages! Like there arent enaugh bloody mages already.

Dang, this is dissapointing. Unarmed Combatant, Alchemist, Bard, would have all been really great choices that are often unexplored in RPGs.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Yet another mage!

They already said what Summoning master is.

It isn't about having more summons, it is about manipulating the summons you already have. So if your summon is about to die, you can make it self-destruct to deal extra damage to enemies.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Originally Posted by Neonivek
Yet another mage!

They already said what Summoning master is.

It isn't about having more summons, it is about manipulating the summons you already have. So if your summon is about to die, you can make it self-destruct to deal extra damage to enemies.

Doesnt even give you more summons? That means you HAVE to be a Wizard to use it?
Now thats absolutley lame.

I was hoping to at least get some more interresting summons than Elementals.

Wew lads, youve done great for voting on this, you sure like boring things.

stranger
stranger
We should get to vote until Bard makes it in and even if it is dead last. mysteriously came in dead last.

Last edited by dblade; 16/02/16 11:42 PM.
addict
addict
Wew lads, youve done great for voting on this, you sure like boring things.

Haha. The other options actually don't seem that interesting really.

Unarmed combatants can't use weapons. But weapons are fun! Why should I be excited about a mechanic being removed? Oh wait, they're getting "knuckles" and "claws" anyway. So I guess their key feature is grapples? It's not clear how this would be implemented.

Alchemists. This at least would introduce some interesting new mechanics, but oh god. My experience with these kinds of classes is that it involves a lot of the wrong kind of inventory micromanagement.

Bard? What is he doing, really? Buffing and debuffing? Is he a rogue-lite? I'm kind of unsure how bards ended up being an RPG class in the first place. You wouldn't take a painter into battle either. Maybe the Larian writers are so keen on this skill because this is as close as they can get to having actual writers in combat. XD

Summoning master actually appears to open up a range of cool new mechanics.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by PrpnNightmare
I wish I could back to throw in my vote. RIP Unarmed Combatant. frown

Yeah. frown

I had really hoped Unarmed Combatant, trap master and Alchemist had got more votes.

veteran
veteran
I don't understand why Larian felt the need to limit the skill trees to 2. The resources to build all of them exist.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
I don't understand why Larian felt the need to limit the skill trees to 2. The resources to build all of them exist.

Balancing maybe? Make better what you already have and add only new skills that work best?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zelon
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Balancing maybe? Make better what you already have and add only new skills that work best?

Vote =/= no implication that "it works best"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard