haven't bought the game yet (although I followed the game a while after the kickstarter) since I heard the story is only so-so. But now with the enhanced edition out and the game on sale again on gog.com I will probably get it. Mainly because the editor interests me, but I would like to ask a few questions after reading this forum section a bit.
- if I buy the gog version can I use the editor (if the editor for the EE get's released)?
- I read that it's possible to manipulate ingame assets
, but is it possible to create your own assets in blender, 3dsmax, clara.io, whatever, with your own animations etc. and import it into the game?
- is it true that the scripting language has only if, but no else if, and no or "||" ?
- can I use C++ instead of the scripting language (using an api or something else)?
- if I don't want to mod the main story, but instead want to make a standalone mod I have to reimplement all the convenience functions that are present for the main story (read that somwhere here, but can't find it now)?
- can I import my own music and ambient sounds?
- can I create completly new spells with new soundeffects, graphics etc.?
- basically, how powerful is the editior? Let's be unrealistic and say I have 50 workstations and I have 100 tentacle arms which can simultanously use these 50 workstations, given enough time, would I be able to create Planescape Torment with it (no, I don't plan on doing that, I don't have 100 tentacle arms, the copyright problems aside)?