Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
On request, a version of Samaritan 2.0 for the mod XC_Encounters (smarmbot's merged version of XC_Bags by FrauBlake and Epic Encounters by Ameranth and Elric) is available now. It comes with the following features:

- Removal of XC_Encounters' version of Samaritan 1.02.
- Integration of all 7 AI functions from the extended version of Samaritan 2.0.
- Support for some of XC_Encounters' new/changed spells (Healing: Soothe, Attonement, Creeping Ooze; Remove Burning: First Aid; Clearing Fire Surfaces: Deluge).
- Addition of 9 skills that allow to activate/deactivate the AI functions for each player character individually or for the whole party.
- Addition of 1 skill to activate/deactivate the auto-regeneration out of combat from Epic Encounters which was disabled in XC_Encounters.

Feedback on functionality welcome!

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
Status Removal (burning and knocked down): Burning and knocked-down statuses will be removed from party members (burning statuses also from Self) if an appropriate skill is available.

Regards,

Abraxas

Object script king, hehe ;-)

Since enemies can throw grenades, a script should be able to do it:
--> Burning can also be removed with water balloons, not only skills ... (I might be wrong, never got deeply into object scripting ;-)

It might require a combination of ObjScr *and* Osiris because it might not be possible to query inventory content from object scripts (don't remember this), which of course would break 'retro-active mod applicability'.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Hey FrauBlake,

I didn't want to let characters 'steal' inventory objects, except resurrection scrolls. Though the problem with using objects from inventory is that - surprise (we know that from Osiris in certain cases) - we can't access objects in containers in character inventory via object scripts. ItemGetFromInventory doesn't work here. Therefore my resurrection AI for XC_Encounters can't use the scrolls from your bags and couldn't use grenades or arrows either. :-(

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Abraxas*
Hey FrauBlake,

I didn't want to let characters 'steal' inventory objects, except resurrection scrolls. Though the problem with using objects from inventory is that - surprise (we know that from Osiris in certain cases) - we can't access objects in containers in character inventory via object scripts. ItemGetFromInventory doesn't work here. Therefore my resurrection AI for XC_Encounters can't use the scrolls from your bags and couldn't use grenades or arrows either. :-(

Hmmmm, you should have removed the bags then .... just kidding ;-)

It's a surprise to hear that object scripts can even interact with inventory at all, didn't know that. (Nor pay too much attention since I never did a lot of OS.)

Also interesting that this interface seems to be different from the Osiris one because I think that Osiris considers the complete inventory including any containers with its ItemTemplateIsInInventory() (or similar) query.

Its been quite long since I did anything in the editor or Osiris but if that was really the case, it could be done with an Object Script - Osiris duo. But as said, that would totally break retroactive applicability.
(It would be usable as some kind of 'library' in other projects that must use Osiris and thus always require a new game anyway ... But who really starts new projects nowadays, except you with your object script projects that can be applied at any point ;-)

I'm not sure what parts of XC_Bags' crafting Smarmbot left in the merger, so there might not be a big point considering ballons and water arrows for Burning removal anyway since they are only available in masses in XC_Bags (very easy crafting) but not so much in the vanilla game (and most likely not in Epic Encounters as well).

I just thought - since you are such a scripter king - that it would be a neat idea to use grenade throwing, since it must be doable in object scripts or enemies could not do it ...

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
UPDATE

The extended AI script is part of a standalone version now. New features are added, along with a few fixes/improvements.

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/89

Extended Version 2.1

Fixes/Improvements

- Water of Life is supported now (healing AI).
- Some conditions to activate the healing reaction didn't make sense, so the reaction could become active without need.
- Proper interruption of Item Destruction AI added (e. g. when taking direct control of a character).
- AI actions (as part of this mod) that include movement to a target should have protection from dangerous surfaces now. Characters will interrupt their action when they get too close to a dangerous surface.

Content

10 AI functions:

• Healing: Damaged player characters will be healed with appropriate skills (s. Standard Version).

• Resurrection: Dead players will be resurrected by their party members using a resurrection scroll or the
witchcraft master spell if available.

• Status Removal (burning, knocked down, poisoned): Burning, knocked-down and poisoned statuses will be
removed from party members (burning and poisoned statuses also from Self) if an
appropriate skill is available.

• Locked Item Destruction: Connected party members will help to destroy locked items (doors and
chests) with spells (preferably) and weapons when the
character-to-follow attacks a locked item.

• Clearing Fire Surfaces: All fire surfaces within 12 in-game meters will be cleared with appropriate spells if available.

• Acceleration (Haste): Connected party members will check the travel distance of the
character-to-follow every 7 seconds and cast the pyro haste spell if
available when the travel distance exceeds 14 in-game meters (to avoid
spamming haste spells all the time).

• Perception: The player character with the highest perception will be regularly buffed with a Perception spell (Pyro).

• Karma: The character will regularly cast Survivors Karma, if available, to increase the party's Luck.

AI activation:

• 10 skills for each player character to activate/deactivate AI functions for the character.
• 2 skills to make the next activation/deactivation command party-wide.

Buffing:
• 3 skills to save the next casted buff or summoning skill in Buff Set 1, 2 or 3. The skill's target will be remembered (so characters can buff each other).
• 3 skills to command all player characters except the commander to cast their remembered buff/summoning skill of Set 1, 2 or 3 on the remembered target.

Follow behaviour:

• 1 skill to make all player characters stay in place (including the commander).
• 1 skill to make all player characters follow again (including the commander).

This way chaining/unchaining characters isn't necessary any more.

Other options:

1 skill to start a dialog for different settings:
• Player movement speed: +15, 25, 35, 45 or 55 percent.
• NPC movement speed in combat: +15, 25, 35, 45 or 55 percent.
• Party sneaking: chained player characters will follow their leader into sneak mode.
• Combat idling: reduced randomness of idle animations in combat (6-8 seconds between every animation, timer reset on being attacked) or deactivation of combat idling.

Last edited by Abraxas*; 18/02/19 04:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard