Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tanlor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
With the steam version I just got to the demon of lies and when I enter his room, nothing happens and he is just stuck in one spot. He doesn't move, I can't attack him, and no cutscene came up. Just before I entered the room, my dreadknight ran in to kill a gargoyle and died..I'm wondering if it triggered something and broke the cutscene event.
I also quicksaved twice prepping for this fight right outside the room and so my last save is before I enter his dungeon maze..and if I restart from there, no guarantee it won't happen again. Anyone run into this before and what could trigger it?

cant believe my luck with this one, havent had any major gamebreakers all playthru until right now!

edit: As Raze pointed out, I didn't kill the blue ring boss and jumped the spike barrier leading to the final boss with the teleporter stones. This breaks the trigger events for final cutscene. The game still lets you into the final boss chamber though, which should have been blocked off until you kill all the black ring bosses.

Last edited by tanlor; 01/05/16 04:35 PM.
Support
Support

If you go outside the room, use the teleporter pyramids to return to the wastelands (assuming you left one in town) and teleport back, does that get the cutscene to trigger when you enter again?

The only other issue like this that I recall was due to not defeating all 5 of the Black Ring bosses, and using the teleporter pyramids to bypass the spikes that block off the path leading north to the Demon of lies area.
In that case, it should help to return and finish off the remaining Black Ring boss(es).

If not, the easiest fix may be to use DAD's item editor (broken link) to give a weapon some large damage and stat boosts so you can quickly get through the required fights, run past most of the opponents in the wastelands / dungeon (a frog statuette or ghost form would help), and then switch back to a normal weapon when you get back to the area before the final room.
Backup your existing quick saves, and maybe make a copy of your last named save before editing. Also, the item editor may not work with saves in the Steam folder, but should if you move/copy it to another location first.

If you zip your latest save and email it to me (raze@larian.com), I can take a look at it. Since it is the very end of the game, there is quite a bit of freedom with what can be swapped or edited to try to get it working.

Here is a mirror link for version 1.4 of DAD's Item Editor.
If you do not already have the Visual Basic 6 redistributable installed, and get missing file/component errors, use the full installer for v1.1, then replace the executable in the install folder with the latest version.

Last edited by Raze; 09/11/19 05:53 AM.
T
tanlor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Raze your totally right! I forgot about the blue ring boss and used the teleporters to get across the spikes thinking this was just part of the game. How did you know I jumped the spikes lol?
I went back killed the blue ring boss and then the cutscene triggered. I'm going to rename the thread as this wasn't gamebreaking, although still a bug because it let me into his room.
Thanks for the help! I'm thinking I will do a 2nd run with a thief-mage at some point.

Support
Support

Someone in the forum (after the original release) reported jumping the spikes to try to skip some of the Black Ring boss fights, but that the Demon of Lies didn't react when they got to the end, and they had to go back to finish them.

T
tanlor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Good memory laugh 14 years later I'm the next person to attempt it! They should have just blocked off the path with more spikes.. its possible their QA testers never tried it out.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard