Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Ayvah #584361 23/08/16 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Does GOG have something similar to the Steam workshop?

Yes, details at link.
https://www.gog.com/news/introducing_games_in_development

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by BlueGuy
Originally Posted by Ayvah
Does GOG have something similar to the Steam workshop?

Yes, details at link.
https://www.gog.com/news/introducing_games_in_development

Did you mean "early access" In which case what Blue guy posted is the GOG version of it.

GOG does not have a version of the Steam Workshop where you download mods if that's what you meant. Though most modders upload to NexusMods where you can DL them if you have the GOG version.

If you're interested in making mods yourself you basically have to have a Steam copy as the Workshop has the most visibility.

Last edited by SniperHF; 23/08/16 08:06 AM.
addict
addict
Damn. I was keen on getting the GOG version, but they really need to work on adding their own workshop.

Looking forward to playing it for sure.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Cool, I'm glad that those of us showing up late to the party will have a chance to play the early access. I didn't even know about Larian's products until about a month ago. Gave up on RPG's after NWN2 and the First Dragon Age. Haven't liked any games that came out after (I prefer to play games with my friends, but not MMOG's)

But I think those who got involved in the kickstarter will get the access while I'll have to pay for it; and you guys get whatever other perk's you bought into. I would've bought into Larian's kickstarter, these guys seem like a terrific group.

Last edited by Izzachar; 24/08/16 06:06 AM.
Support
Support

There could be a digital Collector's Edition with some of the same Kickstarter rewards (like the soundtrack, design documents, etc), though not things like being listed in the credits or the higher tier rewards (such as getting a portrait in-game). The physical Kickstarter rewards were just intended for the Kickstarter backers.

Last edited by Raze; 24/08/16 09:29 AM. Reason: clarify *digital* CE
Raze #584450 24/08/16 09:08 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I backed for The Saga Continues: Digital because I'm in China... But if there will be physical collection edition or artbook sold on amazon, that would be great because I can order again and amazon will help to deliver to China...

Haha... If not , I will ask Jeff to help buying one for me and mail to me by Canada post.

Support
Support

I meant a digital collector's edition, actually. At least for now there are no plans for any retail releases (even the physical rewards in the Kickstarter didn't include a disk version of the game).

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Nedda R

Haha... If not , I will ask Jeff to help buying one for me and mail to me by Canada post.

Absolutely no problem with that Nedda ^__^

Raze #584478 24/08/16 08:05 PM
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Raze

There is no new information yet, just what was said today: we are working on making it available on GOG, and more details will follow.

Can you update the Kickstarter FAQ (question titled "If I back Divinity: Original Sin 2 and I want to get my copy on GOG, will I still have Alpha/Beta access?"), given that the information contradicts what's in the latest update?

I.e.:
• FAQ: "However, the Alpha/Beta access that you choose won't affect which version of the game you get when it ships. So, you can access the Alpha/Beta through Steam and then get the final game on GOG.com if you want."
• Update: "You can’t play Early Access on Steam and then get the game on GOG."

PS: could you give me my D:OS2 backer badge? smile

Support
Support

I don't think the FAQ can be edited now that the Kickstarter is over, but I did point that out before the last update went live.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard